Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DF Gary Doherty
giphy.gif

A lot of the real dross was moved on quickly or at least didn't see too much game time.

The ones that hurt us most though are those not quite bad enough to lose their place. Lots to choose from but for the player that has done most damage to Spurs through crap performances my vote would be Justin Edinburgh. Over 200 appearances somehow. Always amazed me we didn't upgrade him, but those were the days we didn't 'waste' money on defenders. Mitchell Thomas was another favourite.
probably because he wasn't even the shittest thing about our defense back then. Dean Austin played well over 100 games, as did sedgley and calderwood.

Kyle Naughton had some awful games for us

My friends from Uni always say Kyle Naughton broke me. Safe to say he was my least favourite name on the teamsheet during the AVB/Sherwood season.

We lost 1-0 to Norwich and he had a stinker, I believe he may have been at fault for the goal. I left the room as soon as the goal went in and sat in the hallway with my head in my hands until full time. At that point I was almost done with football, we had no identity and there wasn't anybody in our team I could say I 'loved' Eriksen was still bedding in +Jan/Moussa were having poor seasons and we had just sold Defoe. Thank God Poch changed things dramatically!

Just seeing the name Kyle Naughton reminds me of how unhappy I was with football before Poch. We had worst sides in the 90's, but that team were just really difficult to like as a fan.

Janssen has to be up there, to be that bad when the support system consists of Eriksen, Ali Son etc is quite something. Soldaldo deserves a special mention as well. I can stomach the low cost dross but the large fee ones I cannot.

I've never forgotten Kyle Naughton completely misjudging a bounce and removing himself from the last line, leading to a goal. I forget the opposition. From that point on I don't think I was able to see a good game in him.

Andros Townsend was up there.

Something like 80 shots at goal without a goal. And the goal before that run was an intended cross v. Villa.

He's Spurs, but he was truly awful for us.

Agreed so much. Remember some absolute hyperbole around him - perhaps around 2013. It was ridiculous. I was watching all Spurs games at the time and just couldn't understand it. Genuinely thought I was seeing a different sport to everyone else.

Fulham away I remember Rasiak going up for a header towards the middle of the pitch. Literally noone within 10 feet. Jumped. Completely missed it. Don't think he played again after that.

Necro-ing this thread to ponder whether Aurier deserves to be in the top ranks of these players.

Personally I think it's mostly because he's playing in an era where most of our players have been decent - the likes of Mitchell Thomas were far worse... but would be make the Top 10?

Back
Top Bottom