would you take salomon kalou as our striker next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

there have been a few articles onlne today about clubs aligning themselves to bid for kalou.
do you think he might do well at spurs, as apparently we are 1 of the teams showing interest.
compared to the other strikers we are linked with would he be a financial as well as team/player
viable option?

not at all. i personally would never take him, but stranger things have happened.
and the way things are going for us at the moment I really dont see us turning the head of
any of the big name signings we have been linked with all season long.
so is it possible levy and co might see this as a decent signing?

Can't see Levy thinking about signing players when it's more than likely that Harry won't be here next season.

so lets be realistic. we get moyes. would he and levy think its a good buy?
(hypothetical of course but I have almost resigned myself to the fact that we are gonna end up with moyes)

dont do that... spurs often make us all want to punch ourselves in the face.
its just that so often the decision makers at spurs, be it buying players or team shape and tactics or whatever, are the opposite of what we as fans usually want, and in mostly cases can plainly see what is good and what is bad for us. i just wanted to know if any of you see this as another one of those.

durbanspur said:
its just that so often the decision makers at spurs, be it buying players or team shape and tactics or whatever, are the opposite of what we as fans usually want, and in mostly cases can plainly see what is good and what is bad for us. i just wanted to know if any of you see this as another one of those.
The wording of the thread title is far detached from your actual question though. You're asking, "can you see Spurs going for Salomon Kalou", but the title is asking "would we take Salomon Kalou". Both very different questions, I can see Spurs getting someone of his ilk given we've signed Saha and Nelsen in the last window. However, if I had a choice it'd be no.

Thelonious said:
durbanspur said:
The wording of the thread title is far detached from your actual question though. You're asking, "can you see Spurs going for Salomon Kalou", but the title is asking "would we take Salomon Kalou". Both very different questions, I can see Spurs getting someone of his ilk given we've signed Saha and Nelsen in the last window. However, if I had a choice it'd be no.
ok that was my bad, the title is very misleading. its been 3 days of little to no sleep.

Back
Top Bottom