Wrexham To Become Global Force

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've finished watching Welcome To Wrexham. They are lovely guys and their heart is the right place but they have no idea about running a football club. I think they are more into the community aspect of it all and seem to handle that well. They seem to defer to another screenwriter/actor but I don't think he knows much more than them. They do have a great sense of humour about it all and what seems like endless patience.

They are doing well though. If they win their games-in-hand they can go top in the National League.
Nobody really has a clue though about how to run a football club, least of all the fans. At any given time you could likely count on one hand how many European clubs' fans feel they're being well run and managed.

I follow Crawley in League 2 who are clinging on to a playoff position. They won 4-1 away at Mansfield recently which was very surprising. Every team in the playoff positions lost today. It’s quite a fun league really and results can be very unpredictable. Last year Crawley were right at the bottom and looked utterly doomed. Essentially they’re still a non-league club in terms of size so any top half finish would be huge progress.
It's hilarious that some of Crawley's rivals, refer to Crawley as "Creepy". Makes me laugh every time.

Apparently they're only buying the club so they can make a documentary. It's pretty disgusting for the supporters. But hey ho, it might give them a cash boost.

I wonder if Mr Reynolds has ever sampled the delights of Wrexham? I doubt it somehow. If the U.K. is the bowel of the Earth, & Wales is the arse of the U.K. , then Wrexham is the sphincter. Or am I confusing Wales with Scotland & Wrexham with Dundee?
:mourshock:
On a serious note, Wrexham has some lovely people but my God it’s a miserable shit hole.

It's cheap to buy Wrexham. To buy a big club they would need outside investment.

Ryan & Rob will make money from the Netflix deal, so they will be happy.

The club will end up with much improved training facilities & the derelict end of the stadium sorted. And maybe a division or two higher up the league.

It seems pretty good.
Just so I am clear, I was joking. 😉

Chevy5 Chevy5 What are the fans' expectations for the coming season?
The usual, looking at their fan's forum. Some seem to be super positive about promotion, while others are sighting the fact that Stockport are spending big on promotion for this coming season. And Chesterfield are also ploughing the cash in, too.

It's a non-league arms race between at least three clubs. I don't even know what Notts County are up to.

My sister's a Man Utd season ticket holder, & she said the same thing to me.

She has no clue about worth - despite the fact that she used to be the person who decides who gets a credit card & who doesn't.

Joke. Bought the club for the price of a large family house in London, presumably because of the sorry state of the infrastructure, but now the government is covering the renovation.

Being rich must be so nice, don't even have to spend money to make money these days.
It was supposed to be covered by the "Levelling Up" fund. So a Conservative MP ( Sarah Atherton ) was elected on that promise. Then, once the Conservative MP was in place, Wrexham was told to swivel. No Levelling Up fund. It was bullshit. A con.

It was supposed to be covered by the "Levelling Up" fund. So a Conservative MP ( Sarah Atherton ) was elected on that promise. Then, once the Conservative MP was in place, Wrexham was told to swivel. No Levelling Up fund. It was bullshit. A con.
Shouldn't have promised that to begin with. Government needs to invest in public infrastructure that enables better business productivity, not just building a new stadium for a football club, which of course becomes the property of the owners.

This is enriching the personal wealth of two already very rich men. If they must build it, they should demand a share of the company. Like we did with RBS after the bailout. £17m should buy a lot of fucking Wrexham.

They were saying during Welcome to Wrexham that the conference level was the hardest to get out and it was likely they'd get back to back if they could get out of it.

You'd say fair play, but they've done it with money the other teams haven't been able to match.
Yeah, you're right, but Stockport have cash too. But I think their owner has leveraged the club to raise it, which is risky.

Back
Top Bottom