Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's becoming more evident we should have invested heavily in a top class striker who we can adequately rotate with Kane.
Scraping the barrel with Llorente is clearly not the answer, and it's unfair to run Harry in to the ground due to lack of competition up front. You can only achieve so much on the cheap, and it seems our penny pinching bargain hunting attitude is coming back to haunt us once again

Because a top class striker wouldn’t be prepared to sit on the bench behind Kane. This has been done to death.

Learn to skim read over posters who moan if you can. Or keep getting annoyed by it all.
Overall I'd say this season is going fairly well so far. Especially considering no real home ground.
The cup defeat was annoying as I'd love a cup, but we would have had Woolwich away & then probably 2 of chelsea, utd & city to beat as well. So its not like we were really close to winning it.
We could probably do with a few less games anyway. we are 3rd in the league which is good going & also doing very well in the CL too. All without a fully fit dembele & wanyama too.
I don't get annoyed. I just despair a bit that people can't be more measured.....and that applies equally to those who get carried away with expectation and those who just moan.

But I guess that's just football fans for you. *shrug*

This place is insufferable after a loss. You'd think that we'd have had a good enough run leading up to this to not be so mentally fragile when something doesn't go our way.

Nonsense. A draw would have been a goid result.

We keep falling short in the final analysis.

It's not a negative assessment. Just an honest one.
So you are arguing that finishing second in the league last year was "falling short" for Spurs? Champions or not good enough, eh?

When did you start supporting this club out of interest?

But why do you accuse those that melt as being trolls. I've seen no evidence of trolls post match in this thread. Just a few passionate, angry supporters who find another toothless rollover at Old Trafford difficult to accept. That's not tolling mate. It's frustration.
I think they want you to bottle up all our losses & then release all your pain by shooting up a high school.

I don't see why we signed llorente if we don't put high crosses in to him. I think he is a handy signing but not if we don't use his biggest strength.

He had ample opportunity and that is not his only quality.

I bemoaned the lack of Pochettino signing experience but if those players don't then bring that to the table when they get their chance there is not much that can be done.

Last edited:
I think it's becoming more evident we should have invested heavily in a top class striker who we can adequately rotate with Kane.
Scraping the barrel with Llorente is clearly not the answer, and it's unfair to run Harry in to the ground due to lack of competition up front. You can only achieve so much on the cheap, and it seems our penny pinching bargain hunting attitude is coming back to haunt us once again

I agree with this.

We're gonna need to stop penny pinching to keep hold of players like Kane too. He's no different to anyone else he'll follow the money and the trophies

Tired of these people so obsessed with the narrative of Spurs winning trophies and "making statements" every game played. Every team plays 38 games, every team drops points. Just because Man U beat us today doesn't mean they will finish above us. It doesn't mean we won't win the league. It doesn't mean ManU will win the league. It doesn't mean Man City will win the league.

Where the fuck did all these glory hunters come from anyway? Constantly moving the posts on what's considered success to the point that it's not ever attainable. No team wins every game, but we win the majority. We've only had an "elite" level team for 2 seasons built upon constrained investment and great coaching...we aren't suddenly Real Madrid. It's fucking magic what this manager and team have achieved given where we were when Pochettino took over. Enjoy the fucking journey because we don't know the future.

/rant

Yep. Your #1 striker is out and your supposed #2 doesn't even start.
:deledoubt:

I agree with this.

We're gonna need to stop penny pinching to keep hold of players like Kane too. He's no different to anyone else he'll follow the money and the trophies
It’s bad enough the media peddling this ad nauseam.
I view it as the same 1 off as leicester winning the title.
What after coming 3rd the previous season? How’s that a one off - it doesn’t even make sense.

And so it should be.
If it was a barrel of laughs and giggles I'd have serious concerns over the mentality of our fan base
So you think that it is good to drag fans down and make them miserable, fans that you then expect to turn up to games to support the team while you sit hundreds of miles away planning your tri-monthly occasional appearance?

Selfish attitude.

Back
Top Bottom