Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never doubted him. Watched him rip teams apart for too long. Did the same to us and was too often on the losing side despite giving us a battering.

what a great midfielder
great footwork in close spaces- he can actually beat a man on the dribble. great penetrating runs into the left side of the utd box today. incredible that he can offer us this in addition to his engine and defensive work. total gem. excellent example for sarr and skipp to learn from.

The fundamental difference between a player like Bissouma and a player like Hojbjerg is that Hojbjerg is always positioning himself to receive the ball in a pocket of space between defenders and pick his head up to assess his options, he's trying to maximize the time he's allowed once the ball comes to him. A lot of his pointy shit is trying to generate that distance.

Solid, safe, schoolboy fundamentals football. Great for the pass completion stats as you're always affording yourself a thoughtful decision. But it always means that once he's in receipt the defense is in their shape and in their numbers and can recover and constrict the options available to the attack. Both teams benefit from the moment of thought his positioning creates.

Bissouma is like Dembele was, he stays close to his markers, he is naturally always feeling for leverage, so when the ball comes his first thought and first move is to play the defender. He's beaten a man and split the lines by the time he's touched the ball, he's created an overload just by the way he receives the ball.

If your coaching commitment is to holding a shape, you'll appreciate Hojbjerg's positional caution. His interaction with the play never breaks the structure Conte or Mourinho (or, pretty please, Simeone) would have drawn up in the dressing room. But if you want to create danger and put the defense under pressure, Hojbjerg stops that momentum with every touch, whereas Bissouma sparks it.

AFCON is really gonna fuck us this year with Bissouma and Sarr going and most probably Orban if we get him through the door.

Wonder if Bentancur can step in and be a 6 in this team in Biss' absence, if not then I'm not entirely sure we have any other player who can play that role as well as Biss.

then what do you do with maddison?
I'd rather have Biss as box2box 8 type guy, but in theory, Maddison HAS proven to be effective at LF before, and could do it again.

Why would we though? Our midfield is excellent right now. With Bentancur returning we're spoilt for choice. Would be interesting to experiment with Kulu at CAM in the minor cup games. Having good cover at CAM would mean we can shorten the CM rotation and sell someone (Hojberg). I'm not convinced that GLC is a great backup 10, though he very well could be. Best to find out and be sure.

If we don't sell PEH there won't be enough minutes for everyone at CM. I hope today was a shop window appearance for him.

The fundamental difference between a player like Bissouma and a player like Hojbjerg is that Hojbjerg is always positioning himself to receive the ball in a pocket of space between defenders and pick his head up to assess his options, he's trying to maximize the time he's allowed once the ball comes to him. A lot of his pointy shit is trying to generate that distance.

Solid, safe, schoolboy fundamentals football. Great for the pass completion stats as you're always affording yourself a thoughtful decision. But it always means that once he's in receipt the defense is in their shape and in their numbers and can recover and constrict the options available to the attack. Both teams benefit from the moment of thought his positioning creates.

Bissouma is like Dembele was, he stays close to his markers, he is naturally always feeling for leverage, so when the ball comes his first thought and first move is to play the defender. He's beaten a man and split the lines by the time he's touched the ball, he's created an overload just by the way he receives the ball.

If your coaching commitment is to holding a shape, you'll appreciate Hojbjerg's positional caution. His interaction with the play never breaks the structure Conte or Mourinho (or, pretty please, Simeone) would have drawn up in the dressing room. But if you want to create danger and put the defense under pressure, Hojbjerg stops that momentum with every touch, whereas Bissouma sparks it.
PEH = Human Immodium

AFCON is really gonna fuck us this year with Bissouma and Sarr going and most probably Orban if we get him through the door.

Wonder if Bentancur can step in and be a 6 in this team in Biss' absence, if not then I'm not entirely sure we have any other player who can play that role as well as Biss.
Will miss one or two PL games

I'd rather have Biss as box2box 8 type guy, but in theory, Maddison HAS proven to be effective at LF before, and could do it again.

Why would we though? Our midfield is excellent right now. With Bentancur returning we're spoilt for choice. Would be interesting to experiment with Kulu at CAM in the minor cup games. Having good cover at CAM would mean we can shorten the CM rotation and sell someone (Hojberg). I'm not convinced that GLC is a great backup 10, though he very well could be. Best to find out and be sure.

If we don't sell PEH there won't be enough minutes for everyone at CM. I hope today was a shop window appearance for him.
Biss is as good as it gets when it comes to press resistant 6.

Now that we’ve seen him do it, I can’t imagine him doing any other job.

Back
Top Bottom