Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't convinced when I saw Biss last year, despite being excited about his signing. Largely down to what looked to be a lack of off the ball movement.

This season I've enjoyed watching him play and the skill set that he brings. What I've seen this season and particularly yesterday was a strong athletic ability to carry the ball, a bit of swagger and skill to get out of tight spaces and a positive forward looking player.

I'm happy to see him doing well.

Conte should be imprisoned for life in a shoe-sized shit covered cell for his crimes against Bissouma.
Crimes to football definitely.

I don't think I've ever seen a DM with the same level of dribbling ability. Mattheus, Beckenbauer, Pirlo, Vieira and Kante were all great dribblers but were they up to this level (purely on dribbling)?

hes a tempo setter, a midfield general. dembele was pretty much just a dribbler, a very good dribbler but there wasnt much else to his game, he didnt have the vision or the passing range bissouma has, you need that to be a top midfielder. bissouma has a far better understanding of the game. if he can polish up his end product a bit id be worried about the likes of madrid coming in for him.

if he starts knocking up assists or goals from his little bursts into the box we will be beating away offers left right and centre,
Would legitimately be the best DM/CM in the world if he could do that.

Hojbjerg cowardly, seriously?
Yes he absolutely could be. I know it's hard to look beyond appearance but he frequently ducked physically challenges and lacked bravery on the ball. He's a good pro but he's not the 'warrior' you think. I say this a match going fan who fully drank the kool Aid then started watching him both off and on the ball. It was like have a blindfold removed. He is no Romero who is brave to the point of reckless. Hojbjerg is a much better offensive player than defensive I think I an odd way he is victim to his own image.

Last edited:

He's got such a Dembele vibe (I'm sure I've commented that somewhere when we first got him), looks almost slow in his dribbling but just glides past people like they're not there. Not as silky but overall a much better player.

So far it hasn't quite lead to the solo goal he obviously wants, but deeper in midfield it absolutely shreds opposition press and even positional discipline. What's the point of blocking the passing lanes to the forwards when he can just dribble straight down the middle and then deliver the pass when someone has to move up to engage him.

He's got such a Dembele vibe (I'm sure I've commented that somewhere when we first got him), looks almost slow in his dribbling but just glides past people like they're not there. Not as silky but overall a much better player.

So far it hasn't quite lead to the solo goal he obviously wants, but deeper in midfield it absolutely shreds opposition press and even positional discipline. What's the point of blocking the passing lanes to the forwards when he can just dribble straight down the middle and then deliver the pass when someone has to move up to engage him.

Imagine next season :

View: https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1703719513319969265?t=uAwA7FtIFE7_j9eNCW0V0w&s=19

Back
Top Bottom