Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that.

He's a beast in our midfield and plays with no fear. Although he doesn't have an "official" role as part of the captaincy team, he is obviously a born leader and I love watching him power through the opposition.

He's the first to celebrate as we do, long may it continue.
This is PURE LOVE ENERGY. Bissouma, what a sight to behold, the guy has truly fallen for the club and the fans absolute love him back. Without a shadow of a doubt he's nailed on future captain material.

Spurs off to a good start. Woolwich next.
AAAAND the media start linking our best performer to a rival.

Same shit, different season.

If United got relegated to League 2, they'd still be getting linked to PL teams best players like they had a chance.

Get Eze and send Skipp the other way
If he can't make an impression by the end of this season I might be time for him to gon, but regardless PEH is the player Eze would replace replace rather than Skipp.

If we sell Skipp we'd have to find a different DM backup for Biss.

I definitely see the appeal. A CM who can play deeper but with really good goals and assists. I'd love him if we could get a good deal, but I think Palace would demand £100m and I don't think he's that good.

His highlights are so enticing, but whenever I watch Palace he seems a bit ponderous (relatively speaking). I watched him closely when he was playing against 10 man gonners cos he gets mentioned on here a lot. He just seemed to lack urgency or invention.
I'm not totally sold on Eze myself. He definitely has heaps of ability but, like you, I feel he can drift out of games a bit too often.

However, I think you have to take into account the way Palace play and the movement ahead of him. Maddison was very similar with Leicester, he'd have outstanding moments in the game, then drift out of it, particularly if the likes of Vardy weren't available.

I look at Maddison now and see a player who's regularly involved in everything we do, and I get the feeling that we'd see a similar effect on Eze if he were playing for us. Those aspects of his game that have some fans salivating at the prospect of him playing for us, would flourish a lot more under AP than with CP I feel. Coupled with the kind of squad togetherness we have, and the fact that he seems to have a similar temperament, would go a long way to seeing him realise his full potential.

Putting these thoughts down in writing has kind of changed my thinking on this lad now. If he's available for the right price, which for me is no more than £50M, then I'd definitely have him.

Any amount in that bracket would be an absolute steal
Don't agree mate, I feel that price bracket is a fair reflection of his value, based on what's left of his contract and his comparative ability against his peers at this point in time.

If he were to realise his full potential, then we could look back at say a £50M price tag and say we got an absolute bargain, but at this point in time, that price bracket seems about right to me.

Don't agree mate, I feel that price bracket is a fair reflection of his value, based on what's left of his contract and his comparative ability against his peers at this point in time.

If he were to realise his full potential, then we could look back at say a £50M price tag and say we got an absolute bargain, but at this point in time, that price bracket seems about right to me.
So....we're in agreement then mate :dohertyshrug:

So....we're in agreement then mate :dohertyshrug:
No. You think it'd be a steal, I think it's about the right price, i.e. fair value, so not a steal.

It's possible that it may end that way, if he realises his full potential with us but, at his current level, that price tag isn't really a steal, IMO of course.

Back
Top Bottom