Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck sake, look at it, how can anyone say this isn't deliberate?

Try watching the actual video footage. For me it's pretty clear that it's a lazy attempt to win the ball, there is barely any force, he almost pulls out altogether. He wouldn't do that if he were trying to injure the player. So yes it was a red card, but any claims of intent are ridiculous.

Honestly I struggle to believe some of the people on this forum are actually our fans, in any arguable situation there seems to be a determination to find a way to blame our players as much as possible. :(

Fuck sake, look at it, how can anyone say this isn't deliberate?

the challenge was as careless as his touch that put him into that situation. he hasnt gone for his knee, its just a mistimed lazy challenge, hes misjudged the bounce of the ball if you actually watch it and not use freeze frames. if he went for his knee the ref wouldnt of needed to go to the screen he would of pulled out the red himself.

he really needs to sort his head out bissouma. might be his ego is too big as he did say he was the best midfielder in the league not so long ago. that or hes got problems with staying switched on and in the zone. either way it needs to be sorted asap as when hes at his best he is quality.

I don’t think it was vicious but it was very clumsy and lazy. And indicative of Yves’ sloppy play recently.

There’s an odd tone to a lot of discussions on here nowadays, with talk of uniquely bad treatment for Spurs in terms of refereeing, when the explanation is that we have borne the brunt of the generally poor standard of officiating.

If we are honest we know Yves was a red card challenge in the modern day and age. He is a good player but needs to learn when to be smart.
we're not talking about Bissouma or Romero's red cards, as has been explained at length by many posters, it's the general one sidedness of refereering and how consistently we've ended up on the wrong side.

We're getting a kicking every week and ALWAYS the ones to receive the first yellow. We weren't born yesterday, we know what normal reffing looks like.

Try watching the actual video footage. For me it's pretty clear that it's a lazy attempt to win the ball, there is barely any force, he almost pulls out altogether. He wouldn't do that if he were trying to injure the player. So yes it was a red card, but any claims of intent are ridiculous.

Honestly I struggle to believe some of the people on this forum are actually our fans, in any arguable situation there seems to be a determination to find a way to blame our players as much as possible. :(
I watched it live. You'd be frothing at the mouth if anyone got away with that against us.

They do this weird virtue signal to show they are better than fans of other clubs who are too “tribal”…

By this point surely even the most virtuous amongst them can see that being virtuous isn’t going to get us anywhere with these officials

we're not talking about Bissouma or Romero's red cards, as has been explained at length by many posters, it's the general one sidedness of refereering and how consistently we've ended up on the wrong side.

We're getting a kicking every week and ALWAYS the ones to receive the first yellow. We weren't born yesterday, we know what normal reffing looks like.
And yet big decisions have gone for us in matches against Liverpool and Man City.

I tend to think refs go with the home team or the underdog at times, which is why Forest’s numerous dirty challenges went unpunished.

There is no corruption, the officials are just mostly useless. If we were reading this content on a Liverpool fan forum we would fall about laughing.

Cash tackle had intent and was somehow later

Bissouma just had his studs up. It was a red but the contact was definitely with less force if you watch it in full speed.

They aren’t comparable at all.
Yes, the point I was trying to make was that if Bissouma was a red card then Cash should certainly have got one. His tackle was worse and actually caused injury which Bissouma’s did not. I am not trying to defend Bissouma either. It was a stupid unnecessary tackle .

Back
Top Bottom