Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t watch that game and think replacing Bissouma will solve the big issues. We are a team good at moving forwards but with a bunch of players that don’t always move backwards as keenly.

I’d definitely start with the front players, and even the two 8’s don’t create enough of quality - even Maddison.

But let’s suppose we can upgrade Bissouma, who or what type of 6 is going to fit how we play and make us better?

I can only think Ange is trying to play Biss into form as it surely can’t be missed on him that he’s been pants of late.

We need someone that’s brave on the ball, show’s for it, and then can drop the shoulder and break the lines.

Everything that Biss was doing in the opening games. If this poor form continues though, we’ll surely look to upgrade in the summer as Ange doesn’t strike me as the type to sacrifice the system hoping an individual eventually comes good.

It's a good question.

There is a whole world of footballers out there though, there must be a 6 that can do what we need.
I think we need a player who can play bigger passes to stretch the game quicker especially if we have Werner or Johnson or both playing. Biss can’t pass or won’t pass further than 10 yards. Its even more noticeable when you are at the games that the bigger pass is on to play but ultimately he won’t try it because he’s not capable. To be fair our wide front players need to make more runs in behind when we here is space to do it. We play far too much in front of teams especially in the first half. Biss has been the biggest disappointment of the season for me because of how he started the season. He looked phenomenal then but has completely lost his spark.

I didn’t watch that game and think replacing Bissouma will solve the big issues. We are a team good at moving forwards but with a bunch of players that don’t always move backwards as keenly.

I’d definitely start with the front players, and even the two 8’s don’t create enough of quality - even Maddison.

But let’s suppose we can upgrade Bissouma, who or what type of 6 is going to fit how we play and make us better?
Absolutely. Did think we needed Vicario to pass him the ball more and make them actually get it off him. One time he got it in the second, he half turned with no problems and Dragusin got round their press.

He‘s just a very inconsistent player who goes missing in the games where we need him to stand up & be counted. He had 7 or 8 good games at the start of the season & has been very average since. You just can’t rely on a player like that. He has zero goals & zero assists this season & you’d be very hard pressed to find another midfield player with those sort of stats.

View: https://youtu.be/W9riam2uSuA?si=BWG0AeS3xtwhQH9S

You can be out of form, but there really is no excuse for not putting in the effort!

The ease with which he let Townsend drift past him was unforgivable.

Don't think that was lack of effort, it was just poor defending. He was doing well initially to hold him up and show him down the line while back up came but then dived in to try and win the ball and gave Townsend a free cross. Needs to not dive in and Son prob needs to do a bit more to help out

I’m in Lisbon so I missed the game but just watched the highlights on YT.

I’m sorry but Bissouma on that first goal, for me that’s worthy of being transfer listed. It’s the 3rd minute of the game and that’s the best he can do to stop Luton’s first attack? It’s one thing to be caught out of position. To be IN the right position and do nothing is far worse. Once Andros beat him he gave up and slowed down.

I don’t care what the stats say, no doubt Bissouma’s are good. Very good even. But you see moments like that where he can’t be bothered to stop Andros from creating a goal, and you know the sad truth about him. He’s a player that cannot be trusted to try his hardest.

I think he’s a pure confidence player. When it’s high, he’s a baller. When it’s not he struggles. There’s no inbetween.

That why we have failed to achieve anything in the last 15 years. Conte was absolutely right. We have too many players who cannot play under pressure. They can only play well when it’s easy.

Bissouma looked good in the early games when opponents had no idea how to deal with our system. Since they wised up and put pressure on him to perform at the same elite level as Rodri and Rice, he has fallen apart. He doesn’t have what it takes to play for a top team.

Last edited:
I did say the other day that I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a surprise sale and I stand by that. I am not saying we should sell him, just that I wouldn’t be shocked if we looked to upgrade on him.

(and no I don’t know who with).

His dynamism moving the ball forward and effort off it looks shot. To be this inconsistent in a crucial role isn't good enough despite the occasional sparkle.

Can see him back in France in 2025.

Last edited:
Don't think that was lack of effort, it was just poor defending. He was doing well initially to hold him up and show him down the line while back up came but then dived in to try and win the ball and gave Townsend a free cross. Needs to not dive in and Son prob needs to do a bit more to help out
He did an ‘N’Dombele amble’ after his initial challenge failed.

I’d want to see more effort and urgency in chasing him down than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom