Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. He’s a combative player so perhaps we will see more aggression when the real stuff starts. Performances thus far best described as meek (giant caveat that friendlies are largely irrelevant)
He's not one of those elegant midfielders, that's quite obvious.

But In a midfield two you would prefer a Hojbjerg/Betancur + Bissouma mix than say Hojbjerg + Eriksen anyway.
Well, at least I would be much more comfortable trying to harass and beat Eriksen in 1v1s than any of Betancur/Hojbjerg/Bissouma.

Obviously if we set up in a midfield 3 then we are perhaps lacking. Kulusevski can play that role, but his one-footedness would be a hinderance in my view.

He's not one of those elegant midfielders, that's quite obvious.

But In a midfield two you would prefer a Hojbjerg/Betancur + Bissouma mix than say Hojbjerg + Eriksen anyway.
Well, at least I would be much more comfortable trying to harass and beat Eriksen in 1v1s than any of Betancur/Hojbjerg/Bissouma.

Obviously if we set up in a midfield 3 then we are perhaps lacking. Kulusevski can play that role, but his one-footedness would be a hinderance in my view.
Agree re: Eriksen.

Don’t buy that re: Kulu. He can go inside and outside players…. Loads of right footed players don’t even use their left to control a ball, look at Dele (bad example maybe!)

Agree re: Eriksen.

Don’t buy that re: Kulu. He can go inside and outside players…. Loads of right footed players don’t even use their left to control a ball, look at Dele (bad example maybe!)
Yes, he can go inside and outside, which he does perfectly well on the wing. But I would always prefer a player that can quickly distribute the ball to either side when playing as a central AM, which more two-footed players generally seem to be better at to me. I think it's simply because they can have a wider stance and shuffle the ball from left to right and vice versa and then playing the ball in the same step with either feet, while a one-footed player has to play with one foot leading meaning they:

1, Can't play the ball with every step, only every other step.
2. Have a narrower stance and more difficult time getting the ball around the pressing player with a pass
3. Are more easily shepherded to one side, making it easier for the defenders behind to keep structure.

This is my own off the cuff interpretation of why many managers seem to prefer two-footed players especially in the central midfield roles. Mainly based on my time spent as a defending player as a youth.

Yes, he can go inside and outside, which he does perfectly well on the wing. But I would always prefer a player that can quickly distribute the ball to either side when playing as a central AM, which more two-footed players generally seem to be better at to me. I think it's simply because they can have a wider stance and shuffle the ball from left to right and vice versa and then playing the ball in the same step with either feet, while a one-footed player has to play with one foot leading meaning they:

1, Can't play the ball with every step, only every other step.
2. Have a narrower stance and more difficult time getting the ball around the pressing player with a pass
3. Are more easily shepherded to one side, making it easier for the defenders behind to keep structure.

This is my own off the cuff interpretation of why many managers seem to prefer two-footed players especially in the central midfield roles. Mainly based on my time spent as a defending player as a youth.
Agree with that, but I would always choose an
Outstanding one footed player over an average two footed player - even in CM

Anyway, I don’t see Kulu playing centrally to be honest and I’m not convinced we will deviate from 343

Agree with that, but I would always choose an
Outstanding one footed player over an average two footed player - even in CM

Anyway, I don’t see Kulu playing centrally to be honest and I’m not convinced we will deviate from 343
I agree with both paragraphs.

It probably depends on if Conte wants the possibility to play a 3-5-2, which I have no clue about.

I agree with both paragraphs.

It probably depends on if Conte wants the possibility to play a 3-5-2, which I have no clue about.
I do think we need a mid game contingency that involves an offensive tactical change as opposed to like for like subs in a 343…. Would imagine that only happens when we are doing 343 as he wants.

Maybe a 424 with Kane and another striker for when we need a goal, or a CAM just off him

London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Disrespectful. There’s no need.
I don't think it's directed at Winks, is it?

Winks was left out of the plans, and Conte takes no prisoners when it comes to that. If you are out, you are OUT!
I do feel for Winks, it's his boyhood club and he must surely be down, but one must recognise that all things must pass.
Much like all opposition pass through Winks.... sorry I had to!

Fucking shirt numbers, man...... It's so damn childish. Fans and players give way too much attention to 'em.

Pls start him next game Conte. Pleease. It's been so long since we signed him.

:contepray::contepray::contepray:

Back
Top Bottom