Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just good to have these sort of players who come in and feel part of the furniture already. I get that same impression with Richarlison too.

Big fan of Yves and look forward to seeing him getting more game time.

Needs to be starting the next game. That first XI needs to be changed up a bit after that poor showing that's for sure
yea it has to change now. thats the whole point of having squad with quality options. if he doesnt change it, the players that havent started yet will have a right to be fucked off. the wing backs havent been good enough so they need changing, can see him starting bissouma too. would love to see lenglet start over davies too. need to have better players on the ball against the weaker sides to impose ourselves on them.

Just good to have these sort of players who come in and feel part of the furniture already. I get that same impression with Richarlison too.

Big fan of Yves and look forward to seeing him getting more game time.
Perisic has spoken of how he's settled in well too. Paratici supposedly promoted the player liason man recently, I think he gives that role a higher priority to ensure new players don't feel unsettled.

Needs to be starting the next game. That first XI needs to be changed up a bit after that poor showing that's for sure
He would have made zero difference if played in the same system Conte went with in the first half, we still would have been outnumbered in midfield to Tuchels "box midfield".

I like the player and I'm excited to see him play but he would have no difference whatsoever.

He would have made zero difference if played in the same system Conte went with in the first half, we still would have been outnumbered in midfield to Tuchels "box midfield".

I like the player and I'm excited to see him play but he would have no difference whatsoever.
Spot on. Personnel was not the issue today.

Mount, Havertz, Loftus Cheek, Kante, Cucurella… all of them were stronger in challenges and worked to dominate midfield. 5 of them plus Jorginho’s steady presence on top gave them a physical and tactical advantage.

It was amazing how often they were winning the ball in wide areas too. Sessegnon was frustrated with Loftus Cheek after 15 minutes. And they got a lot of joy down that side. Cucurella was also dominant against Royal. So it wasn’t just the central areas we were outfought. Didn’t help having prime Kanté popping up everywhere.

Tough day.

Spot on. Personnel was not the issue today.

Mount, Havertz, Loftus Cheek, Kante, Cucurella… all of them were stronger in challenges and worked to dominate midfield. 5 of them plus Jorginho’s steady presence on top gave them a physical and tactical advantage.

It was amazing how often they were winning the ball in wide areas too. Sessegnon was frustrated with Loftus Cheek after 15 minutes. And they got a lot of joy down that side. Cucurella was also dominant against Royal. So it wasn’t just the central areas we were outfought. Didn’t help having prime Kanté popping up everywhere.

Tough day.
Lads competed much better than last season but really, really shocked Conte had nothing for Tuchel's system which was exactly the same as what he went with last season and they beasted us in every single game!

He absolutely needs to change this

Lads competed much better than last season but really, really shocked Conte had nothing for Tuchel's system which was exactly the same as what he went with last season and they beasted us in every single game!

Tuchel seems to be our kryptonite.

Combining his Dortmund and Chelsea runs, this is the first time he didn't beat us. 8 games unbeaten against us.

He may be managing the evil empire but he's bloody good at it.

Stadium will be electric for the home game. I hope that’s worth something.

There were moments in the first half when we came close to scoring through the long ball Dier -> Sessegnon but they quickly got wise to that.

Fact is they’re a really smart team too. There we go. Definitely taking the point… let’s rip wolves apart.

Perisic has spoken of how he's settled in well too. Paratici supposedly promoted the player liason man recently, I think he gives that role a higher priority to ensure new players don't feel unsettled.
Perisic looks a real leader. You could see him giving Son instructions before he was subbed on.

The players obviously really respect him as well.

Can't believe people saying to drop Son because of 1 game.

I still remember when you trolls said that last year and he went on to become to golden boot winner.
:contefacepalm2:
You trolls?

I’ve always backed Son you cheeky shit.

I don’t see the harm in resting him and giving Richarlison a start though.

I’ll await your apology for your false accusation.

While the system definitely exposed our CMs there is no way you can definitively say Biss would have made no difference.

In fact, I'm sure far less of those balls that bounced off PEH would have bounced off him. I think we would have had more passages of retained possession.

I really think Bentancur and Biss gives us two proper players in there and will make us look better but Conte has a hard on for PEH so who knows when/if we see that combo.

While the system definitely exposed our CMs there is no way you can definitively say Biss would have made no difference.

In fact, I'm sure far less of those balls that bounced off PEH would have bounced off him. I think we would have had more passages of retained possession.

I really think Bentancur and Biss gives us two proper players in there and will make us look better but Conte has a hard on for PEH so who knows when/if we see that combo.
Our mid was outnumbered 2v4 mate!!!

For us to have been better we needed another midfielder, so Bissuma Bentancur AND PEH, or Conte needed to start with Richarlison, but I don't know if this would have had the same effect as it did when we brought him on and subbed Sess.

Conte is brilliant but his inability to not play 5 in midfield continues to baffle the fuck out of me, I wish a journo would actually ask him his rationale here.

Back
Top Bottom