Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't mind him being a bit arrogant tbh. Some players need that.

Didn't he say something a year ago about knowing he was the best midfielder in the league? I love that attitude tbh because you know he means/believes it.

Yeh but it so depends who says it. Biss saying it is all good - he really is quality.

If Hojbjerg said it - we'd all think what a twit

Conte and the court case must have been a huge burden on him last season. He was incredible for Brighton and still is incredible. Just one off season.

There was no "court case"......

And whatever scrutiny he was under, was over by the time we signed him.

C'mon..... Reading between the lines; he/we knew by that point........

Regardless...... It was long over before the season started; which is the main point.
We signed Bissouma on the 14th June.
The Athletic reported he was cleared on 29th.
IIRC the investigation had already shifted to a man in his 40s — I believe reported as a male relative of Bissouma (uncle?). I believe the club very much expected him to be cleared when they signed him. I’m not sure why they didn’t wait from an optics perspective.

Conte and the court case must have been a huge burden on him last season. He was incredible for Brighton and still is incredible. Just one off season.

I thought he was good at Brighton but he wasn’t as good as he’s been this season. He seems to have taken it up a level like a few players. Let’s hope they can maintain it, it’s a long season.

Consistency was an issue at Brighton. He would definitely throw in a lacklustre performance after looking like a world beater

More likely a Brighton issue than a Bissouma issue though, I imagine.

There will be games this season in which we don't win where Bissouma will look to be below his usual level when it's more likely we just met a team that on the day was better.

Unless Brighton had games where they blew teams away and Bissouma was lacklustre in that game. But can't say I ever watched him play for Brighton outside of any games against bigger teams or games against Spurs where he always looked a class above.

Back
Top Bottom