Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vincent-Janssen-0001.jpg

Fat? Really guys?

He doesn't have the body of Hercules, granted, but fat? I have to wonder how many of you are chiselled gods, that you can look down on a professional athlete who could outperform you every day of the week and call him fat. What fucked up definitions of body type the 21st century has, where anything other than bones is a negative.

We're about to sign a young, 30+ goals a year striker for a fairly cheap amount and all people care about is his body. Bizarre.

Alright mate settle down this isn't Facebook, there's no need to get offended on someone else's behalf. Unless of course it's touched a nerve

For the record I am a chiselled god that could out perform him in my profession but that's not the point here

Another transfer where we've settled for 2nd best - oh well, hope Poch can work his magic with this guy
Thats a lot of bollocks: He will be much better for us and the team than a greedy Belgium who wanted to be our highest paid player. Its about the team and the shirt!

So people piss and moan and strop about not getting a 2nd striker in yet...then we sign a 2nd striker and they still piss and moan and strop.

Unbelievable.
The key here being "2nd striker".

Nobody is immediately going to dislodge Harry as number one.

This lad will have to work his bollocks off to dislodge Kane, but is a young, bright prospect who knows where the goal is, wants to come to us to improve/develop as a player & will be a valuable option for us. What's not to like about him as a signing?

Just hope it gets done, & gets done quickly instead of all the usual last minute fucking about.

I'm genuinely excited about signing this guy. He looks like he has everything you want in a player, and being strong in both feet is a real plus for me.

So people piss and moan and strop about not getting a 2nd striker in yet...then we sign a 2nd striker and they still piss and moan and strop.

Unbelievable.

For 2 years it was about signing a decent striker as we didn't even have one, fine then there was a real issue.

These pricks don't understand how hard it is to fulfil a decent backup striker purchase, who have to fulfil a lot of criteria:
  1. A realistic price
  2. At a good enough standard and able to fit in Poch's system as well as being willing to put in the work
  3. Be in that almost impossible cross section of being quality, yet existing club happy to sell, plus nobody richer / more successful than us wants them although a dirth of strikers everywhere
  4. Happy knowing that they will not have the security of a starting place if Harry is on par wth his form of last 2 years
Hardly 10-15 players to choose from is it, I hope we do get him as looks like he genuinely could fit the bill

Why is everyone so confident we will sign him? West Ham are sniffing around.

The Spanners have been sniffing around just about every available striker out there. Doesn't mean any of them will sign for them.

You just know they will be the last ones on the dance floor and all that will be left with is.... :memelol:

Back
Top Bottom