Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You get what you pay for and West Ham paid very little at all. They got a great deal, sure. The only problem is, it wasnโ€™t for a football stadium."

That's just it. What's the point in getting a bargain if the item isn't what you're looking for. If I walk in to a plumbers outlet looking to buy a toilet and walk out with a great deal on a shower I've still got nothing to shit in.

That's just it. What's the point in getting a bargain if the item isn't what you're looking for. If I walk in to a plumbers outlet looking to buy a toilet and walk out with a great deal on a shower I've still got nothing to shit in.
Why? What's wrong with the shower?
The spammers don't seem to have a problem with it, they've fucking shit all over it...

Didn't even need a construction expert to tell us that it wasn't fit for purpose as a football stadium. Levy was banging that drum back when we were supposedly tendering for that site. So glad we never got it though! :levystare:

Yeah I made that point earlier in the thread, although like you I didn't want to move to Stratford.
But looking at the whole dodgy (backhander ?) mess it's turned out to be, I wonder what neutrals or more importantly tax payers think of Levy's bid being rejected now ?

Yeah I made that point earlier in the thread, although like you I didn't want to move to Stratford.
But looking at the whole dodgy (backhander ?) mess it's turned out to be, I wonder what neutrals or more importantly tax payers think of Levy's bid being rejected now ?

Stratford for us would have been a disaster on a different scale to what it is now with the Spammers. Upping sticks and moving us East would have made us no better than the likes of Woolwich and any other franchise FC that moves out their historic area. I still believe Levy was not as serious about going there and was using it as leverage against Harringey and the London Mayor's office to get us the best deal possible to stay where we are.

Didn't even need a construction expert to tell us that it wasn't fit for purpose as a football stadium. Levy was banging that drum back when we were supposedly tendering for that site. So glad we never got it though! :levystare:

I remain convince that he used it as a bargaining tool.

Stratford for us would have been a disaster on a different scale to what it is now with the Spammers. Upping sticks and moving us East would have made us no better than the likes of Woolwich and any other franchise FC that moves out their historic area. I still believe Levy was not as serious about going there and was using it as leverage against Harringey and the London Mayor's office to get us the best deal possible to stay where we are.
I disagree.

imo Levy was completely serious about bidding for it, for him it would have pressed all the buttons - far cheaper to build the NDP blueprint there, rail and tube links to die for, only 4 stops from Bank, 4 from Canary Wharf, 3 from Liv St.....can you imagine what Levy was thinking he could have charged for Corporate Hostility boxes etc? (I'm all in favour of that lot paying top dollar).

Far easier also of course to get 58,000 Spurs fans in for a Monday night kick off.

Anyway, that ship has sailed. Hopefully we can kick some arse and get Northumberland Park tube depot converted to a station to get much quicker access to and from the tube. London owes us big time what with Boris the Buffoon getting us to bid for St Ratford under false pretences.

As long as Stratford was planned to be an NDP look like, I was pro, and I'm convinced that Levy was too. Bidding for it was an expensive process, and he absolutely doesnt like throwing money away.

The stadium was one of the few things I was genuinely ITK about (at the time of the OS bid). Yes Levy was very serious, as the site is far, far better for Corporate use which is a significant revenue stream. However he also made it clear that the only option was rebuilding it virtually from scratch.

CwMs47NXYAAa4ZS.jpg:large

Snide Stone Island in official WHU catalogue...:avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom