***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After I've said all that shit? Thought it'd be obvious
enzo_armchair_grey_pl.jpg

6ae2e094-588b-47ad-8bdb-dd6853341245_1.d35cf95318b0ec789b826e244a1f123d.jpeg

:dierpochhug:

Peace out
come on you spurs

I honestly think it takes some of the pressure off us tonight...
We're not really expected to win the thing... getting out of the group stages into the Knockouts would be great, but isn't really going to make a difference as to whether we win the CL or not... I think there are other teams better equipped to win it than ourselves.

I was more pissed off about the draws against Leicester, WBA & Bournemouth... as they were 6 vital points dropped, that could well be the difference between potentially winning the PL, and not!
As it is, there are at least 5 clubs (ourselves included) that could finish this season anywhere between top or 5th... and I think it's gonna be fucking close... close enough that draws could prove costly!

the CL outcome won't be so close, I fear....

I think 4-1-4-1 is the way to go tonight with Eriksen being dropped. Son and Sissoko on the wings to use their pace and energy. Wanyama, Dembele and Winks in central midfield. Wanyama to do his job of sitting in front of Dier and Vertonghen. Dembele moving us forward with the ball when carrying and Winks to use his ability to move the ball with his instinctive passing.

Leverkusen have made more defensive errors leading to goals than ANY TEAM in the top leagues so our pressing would be very very useful today.

I don't really understand a lot of people on here.
I want Spurs to win EVERY game whether it's Champions League or the third round of the League Cup.

We spend years striving to qualify for the tournament only for our fans to be 'not that fussed' about the games when we're in it...

I for one am looking forward to finishing work, having a beer and cheering on the lilywhites under the Wembley lights again! COYS!!

I don't really understand a lot of people on here.
I want Spurs to win EVERY game whether it's Champions League or the third round of the League Cup.

We spend years striving to qualify for the tournament only for our fans to be 'not that fussed' about the games when we're in it...

I for one am looking forward to finishing work, having a beer and cheering on the lilywhites under the Wembley lights again! COYS!!

I don't think anyone has said they don't want us to win :deledoubt:

Am I the only one struggling to get really excited over Champions League games this time around?

Yeah, I agree. Possible reasons:

- The opponents aren't bad, but they're not outstanding either. Monaco we even had last year in the EL, which says it all and also makes it a bit more boring to play them again. The previous time we were in the CL group we had two average opponents, but at least Inter were the defending champions. Also, we already played Leverkussen two weeks ago, so the 'new team' factor is gone as well.

- NLD on Sunday, that's the biggest reason for this particular match. If we had some mediocre PL opponent on the weekend I'm sure the focus would be on Leverkussen, but I can't help but prioritise the weekend match, that just feels so much more important to me. For the City match which came after the CL I had the same feeling.

- There is a lack of urgency in terms of results. Would be nice to win of course, but a draw is certainly not the end of the world either, we have another two matches to rectify point losses. That's in general the problem with these group matches, it was the same in the EL. If we reach the knock-out rounds it will get better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom