Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football Weekly Extra is good this week if anyone wants to hear Jacob Steinberg squirm...West Ham get a hell of a hammering...
Edit: To be fair he does the most of the hammering...

Like his narrative about Payet being shit this season.

Leave this here from Football365....
Payet has not been as good this season as during his magnificent 2015/16 – that is clear. But hang on just a minute. He has created 74 chances in the Premier League this season, 16 more than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues and at a better rate than last season. He also has three goals and six assists.

Not another American shite film about west ham and "proper London". Green street garbage was enough
I think official site, one of them actually put up a tweet about Green St the other day saying "20 years go today( or whatever it was) this great film was released"
Yes, they did. Can you believe that. Gonna try and dig it out.

Last edited:
Already this morning I've heard two of their deluded fans say " he's not as good as people make out " and one even said " I think Lanzini is better anyway"

:dembelelol::sonpoint:

Dis gunna be a goooood day.:vertna:

Cheeky bid for Lanzini, anyone?
:levyeyes:

Football Weekly Extra is good this week if anyone wants to hear Jacob Steinberg squirm...West Ham get a hell of a hammering...
Edit: To be fair he does the most of the hammering...

Good. The apologist twat. I've been waiting a long time to hear him have to cover something like this - gonna make a coffee and put it on now, thanks for the tip!
:pochsmirk:

Like his narrative about Payet being shit this season.

Leave this here from Football365....
Payet has not been as good this season as during his magnificent 2015/16 – that is clear. But hang on just a minute. He has created 74 chances in the Premier League this season, 16 more than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues and at a better rate than last season. He also has three goals and six assists.
That proves one thing, whatever is classed as a chance is wrong. Have have watched almost every single game that have played this year and they have been shit (with the exception of Swansea away and Chelsea u19's in league cup) and he has been shit. They hardly create anything from open play. He really, really has done fuck all, he really is one of the big reasons why they have been so shit. I actually think they will be better without him, Lanzini is a better all round player, certainly works harder than Payet, contributes with and without the ball.

Let's not get too carried away. We could go there on may 6th and lose.
That proves one thing, whatever is classed as a chance is wrong. Have have watched almost every single game that have played this year and they have been shit (with the exception of Swansea away and Chelsea u19's in league cup) and he has been shit. They hardly create anything from open play. He really, really has done fuck all, he really is one of the big reasons why they have been so shit. I actually think they will be better without him, Lanzini is a better all round player, certainly works harder than Payet, contributes with and without the ball.
How did Payet flourish under Biesla? I know Biesla had problems with him over his lack of motivation in training, but wasn't he supposed to have shined in the system and philosophy?

Let's not get too carried away. We could go there on may 6th and lose.

How did Payet flourish under Biesla? I know Biesla had problems with him over his lack of motivation in training, but wasn't he supposed to have shined in the system and philosophy?
Never heard that he flourished. The only thing that I was aware of was he had lots of assists, given 60% of them were from corners I don't see a special standout player. I'd never heard of him until they bought him. Having seen him play I honestly don't get what the fuss is all about. As i say, if they were lined up in a school playground and I was picking alternate players, I'd pick Lanzini over him every time.

F365 mailbox

Something is rotten at West Ham
In light of the events of yesterday and the reaction within the game and in the media, I felt compelled to write in and offer what is a common view among rational West Ham fans regarding Payet’s moves to leave our club.

First off, Dimitri Payet is top class. The best player we’ve seen at West Ham for quite some time. A player worth the admission money alone. Capable of magic and provided us fans with countless moments we’ll never forget. He was one of the catalysts for our memorable final season at the Boylen. We adopted a chant which wrecked every other clubs fans heads. We loved him. We thought he loved us.

In the midst of all the noise surrounding him leaving, it would be remiss of us to forget all of the above. Alas, as is normal at this club of ours, it was not to last. I think every supporter knew deep down this day would come. Nothing good ever last too long at West Ham, it was ever thus.

Payet could undoubtedly have conducted himself better and there is a way to go about these things and throwing your toys out of the pram is not it. However (and this isn’t an excuse per se for his behaviour) the fault, for most of us rational fans, doesn’t lie with Payet entirely. The fault for this situation lies with three individuals.

Messers Sullivan, Gold and Brady are the architect of this current state of affairs. Without going into too much detail, these three sold Payet the same bunch of lies they sold the supporters of the club. The empty promises of ‘world-class strikers’, ‘world class players to go along with the new world class stadium’ and so on. Payet was promised all this when he signed his new contract, and we end up with Simone Zaza and Jonathan Calleri. I’m not excusing his behaviour as such but as one of the best players in Europe with limited time left in his career and only one big move left, I don’t blame him for feeling aggrieved.

The real issue at our club is the three aforementioned individuals. They sold our clubs soul to the devil. The worst stadium migration in history, possibly the worst football stadium in the country, appalling summer recruitment, generally embarrassing transfer conduct, constant undermining of the manager, making out they ‘saved’ the club while charging commercial rates of interest on all the money they’ve put into the club, attempting to renege on promises made to season ticket holders, hiring bouncers to act as security at the stadium, the list goes on and on.

The only purchased West Ham as the possibility of the Olympic Stadium and huge profit was on the horizon. Let’s have it right however, there is a gentrification attempt happening at West Ham, the club are trying to get rid of our core support by every way they can.

They are constantly looking to shift the blame and I fear that Slavan Bilic, one of the few remaining shining lights at the club, is next in line. If that happens, I for one will never set foot in that monstrosity of a stadium until those three leave our beloved club, they can keep my season ticket, and I believe a countless other season ticket holders are in the same boat (many have already chucked it in as a result of the above).

Something is rotten in the state of East London.
Fionn

Someone want to tell them Trippier is Batman.....

Kieran-Trippier-Tottenham-e1479847264295.jpg
Too fat to play for us, that's for sure :angryscouser:

I hate to ruin the fun, but let's all be honest for a moment. As shit as West Ham are, they're not going down this season, even if they do lose Payet. Swansea, Sunderland, Palace, Hull, etc. are all far worse.

I just might favor them for next season, because the problems with the OS are terminal and are going to continue to plague that club, but they've still got a few away wins in them for the rest of the season, which will keep them safe.

I hate to ruin the fun, but let's all be honest for a moment. As shit as West Ham are, they're not going down this season, even if they do lose Payet. Swansea, Sunderland, Palace, Hull, etc. are all far worse.

I just might favor them for next season, because the problems with the OS are terminal and are going to continue to plague that club, but they've still got a few away wins in them for the rest of the season, which will keep them safe.

I agree. I can't see them going down purely because the teams below them are even worse. I think they'll finish between 14th and 11th.

"I just got through the grieving process quicker than you guys. I'm on the upward curve, I can see the light again, it's dim but it's there.

All you have to do is get on board and believe again. We've still got Antonio, Lanzini, Reid, Noble, Carroll. We've still got Slaven Bilic. There's still a dangling pair of meaty clackers hanging between West Ham United's legs, we've just got to reach down and remind ourselves they are there."

U1GZ6Jr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom