Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's unfortunate that the backing track is Acceptable in the 80s. I can't think of any decade that Gomes in goal would be acceptable.

NEVER FORGET HOW SHIT HE WAS.

America forgot how mental George W was, and now they have Trump.

If we forget how shit Gomes was, who will be after Lloris?!

NEVER FORGET.

NEVER EVER.

He certainly liked a ball to go through him!

...but still, he saved a few Pens, eh? More than that useless lump of shit Lloris has ever done!
:llorishuh:

He certainly liked a ball to go through him!

...but still, he saved a few Pens, eh? More than that useless lump of shit Lloris has ever done!
:llorishuh:

You could easily make a video of that for any goalkeeper. It's just a selective agenda.

Walker was often like a ghost in goal - never seen such a tall bloke look so short. Robinson made a lot of high profile clangers. Lloris tends to spill a lot. Yes, a LOT.

Every keeper has a weakness - selecting half a dozen moment from over 130 games is ridiculous.

You could easily make a video of that for any goalkeeper. It's just a selective agenda.

Walker was often like a ghost in goal - never seen such a tall bloke look so short. Robinson made a lot of high profile clangers. Lloris tends to spill a lot. Yes, a LOT.

Every keeper has a weakness - selecting half a dozen moment from over 130 games is ridiculous.
Agree with this.
I rate Pat Jennings as the greatest keeper ever.Yet, he made howlers as well.

Last edited:
Jol/Ramos: too young to remember

Jesus, you're only a nipper. I thought you'd be at least 70, considering how miserable and cynical you are.

A bit of advice. What you perceive currently as being "not good enough".... this is as good as its ever been.
Well at least in my recollection of watching Spurs for 30ish years. There are those on here who can remember the sporadic "success" of the 80's but we never had the consistency, and the 70's where arguably worse than the 90's. Plus the game was very different pre Sky / Premiership, but you wouldnt know that.

There where a couple of trophies, but consistent finishes at the bottom of the top half (or the top of the bottom half) of the table where the norm...... Interspersed with the odd flirt with relegation.

For me a "decent" cup run and turning up against the Gooners was all i expected from a season. That Spursy tag that we all hate. That was born from year upon year of flattering to deceive and European competition was a dream.... something that "much better teams than us" were involved in. I remember the first year we qualified for the UEFA cup, i was over the fucking moon!

Now we put out teams full of international players that you are proud to sing for. Players that could easily play for any other team in the league, even the ones that have spent half a billion pounds compiling their squads. It used to be the other way round, where we would have only one player that you could get excited about, single handedly struggling to keep us floating above absolute mediocrity, before they fucked off and won things with someone good.

Add to that consistent top six finishes, and now talked up as league challengers, you don't know you're born mate.

There are no guarantees that this is here to stay, the league is so ridiculously competitive at the moment, and the game is more about money than it has ever been. SO....If this is the best its been and there are no guarantees how long it will remain for and it still makes you fucking miserable then seriously, i would fuck off and concentrate on getting angry playing FIFA ultimate team mate.

Last edited:
I don't agree with compilations showing selected errors but lets be honest Gomes was pretty fucking shit. At his worst he was an utter liability. I'm amazed he is still a Premier League keeper to be honest. Look at how shit he was in the 4-1 v Watford.
It always irked me that Gomes seemed to have a big fanboy crowd and many seemed to give Robbo abuse who was many times more reliable.

Last edited:

I think it was the CRYING that did it for most people... I don't think Ian Walker ever cried on the pitch... the other players almost seemed embarrassed by it!

Even Bert Trautmann didn't cry... and he broke his fucking neck during a game!!

I think it was the CRYING that did it for most people... I don't think Ian Walker ever cried on the pitch... the other players almost seemed embarrassed by it!

I'm not sure how putting his body on the line for the team made him some sort of embarrassment. He was on painkilling injections and playing through a hip injury.

P.S. Gazza cried enough times on the pitch.

I'm not sure how putting his body on the line for the team made him some sort of embarrassment. He was on painkilling injections and playing through a hip injury.

You're right... I think we should put in a call to Watford and see if we can get him on an emergency loan for the rest of the season...

Lloris is off at the end of the season anyway, and Vorm is past it...

Yeah, come to think of it, let's get Gomes bak in between the sticks.
Besides, I've already let him shag my Wife on numerous occasions, so he owes me big time!

'wish I was Brazialian too!

P.S. Gazza cried enough times on the pitch.

ONCE!

I think Gomes is into double figures isn't he??

Honestly, don't get me wrong, I loved the guy while he was at Spurs, and am always happy to sing his name when he returns to the club with Watford... but come onnnn... the guy was a liability at times... and we've moved on from that, surely?

You're right... I think we should put in a call to Watford and see if we can get him on an emergency loan for the rest of the season...

Lloris is off at the end of the season anyway, and Vorm is past it...

Yeah, come to think of it, let's get Gomes bak in between the sticks.
Besides, I've already let him shag my Wife on numerous occasions, so he owes me big time!

'wish I was Brazialian too!

Fuck me, there's a bunch of you on here who are allergic to having their opinions queried.

Where did I say Gomes was better than Lloris or Vorm? I didn't.

He's just not the "worse player ever". Fucking hell...

Fuck me, there's a bunch of you on here who are allergic to having their opinions queried.
Where did I say Gomes was better than Lloris or Vorm? I didn't.

He's just not the "worse player ever". Fucking hell...
350x700px-LL-5fcec43e_Vic_Bob_Handbags.jpeg

I didn't say he was the worst player... not while Bobby Mimms is still living and breathing, at any rate!!

He just wasn't great! But he got lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, in terms of Tottenham... he had a fantastic team in front of him... but unfortunately, I think that only went to highlight his shortcomings even more!

He was a bit of a fat, lazy cunt, but there was a spark there. He towed his fat arse with the suggestion that he could have some brilliance about him. The North African Berbatov. More enigmatic than shite.
That's rather a generous assessment. If you'd left it at "fat, lazy cunt", you wouldn't have received any criticism.

was he...? Poor love...

he broke his fucking neck during a game!!

you try it... see how you get on!

was he...? Poor love...

you try it... see how you get on!

Nice one. So any player that has go to off injured is shit, because he's not an ex-city goalkeeper.

I broke my wrist during a game and carried on once. Didn't realise until after the game until it swelled like a balloon. Doesn't make me better than Gomes.

Nice to see that you think that men who show emotion are somehow inferior, though.

Imagine Gomes with a decent defence?

You've either got selective memory, or you haven't watched many games if you don't think Lloris isn't prone to errors. He does something daft in most games.

Gomes played 130 games for us, and I'm willing to bet that for every clanger he's made, I can cite you a Lloris one. The only difference being that Gomes made up for many of them by being able to save a penalty.

And to blow your Straw Man apart before you build it, this isn't a comparison of "Gomes vs Lloris", it's called "measuring on the same scale".
You offered the comparative analysis, not I. You then closely follow it by saying I shouldn't build a straw man (your comparative analysis). So, fuck this.

Of course it's a subjective matter, but I still hold the belief that Gomes is our worst ever player. He cost us so many games and was an embarrassment to our club.

I'll employ hyperbole as I see fit.

You offered the comparative analysis, not I. You then closely follow it by saying I shouldn't build a straw man (your comparative analysis). So, fuck this.

You're being argumentative for the sake of it.

I compared how keepers should be judged - you slided off into a "If you recognise Lloris makes errors, that must mean you somehow are saying he's shit".

Here's the simple fact:

EVERY goalkeeper makes errors. Lloris makes them often, most games. Does that effect his ability? No, the two are mutually exclusive. By saying "Lloris often makes mistakes" is completely independent of judging his standing within Europe's goalkeeping pool.

Additionally, pointing out that Gomes has had some howlers DOES NOT detract from the fact that he is still is, and was for us, a good goalkeeper.

Back
Top Bottom