Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some real strange answers in here.

On the last few pages alone we've had Gomes and Assou-Ekotto. Two players who had a massive hand in helping us qualify for the Champions League as well as then get us into the quarter finals the following season.
Yes agree although they both had self destruct buttons that were often pushed.

I never liked Pascal Chimbonda, but I can't particularly remember if it was because he was a turd, or that he tended to mouth off to the papers

BAE was very good for us. I can't remember him having a bad game. I thought he raised his level in the Champs League too.
He was also the most genuine, honest footballer. He set up a foundation following the London riots and also set up a charity to help restore the sight of people in Africa.
A legend, and I'm proud that we share the same birthday.

I never liked Pascal Chimbonda, but I can't particularly remember if it was because he was a turd, or that he tended to mouth off to the papers

He was really good early on, but then seemed to really regress, though that may just be his personality, he was dreadful in his second stint.

Nice one. So any player that has go to off injured is shit, because he's not an ex-city goalkeeper.

I broke my wrist during a game and carried on once. Didn't realise until after the game until it swelled like a balloon. Doesn't make me better than Gomes.
But you probably come pretty close!

Nice to see that you think that men who show emotion are somehow inferior, though.
Of course I fucking don't... I'm saying that in the heat of 'battle' (as Professional footballers like to think of themselves in) it can be seen a sign of weakness... which the opposition are usually more than happy to take advantage of!

It's not seeing a man cry I have a problem with, (I weep like a baby at most Nature programme when you know what's coming to the poor little seal pup...) It's having that feeling that my team are at a disadvantage somehow
because our 'keeper can't control his emotions until the final whistle.

It's exactly the same as if a player absolutely loses it during a game and lashes out... it shows weakness, and a lack of discipline... and often ends up in a red card, and subsequently putting his team-mates at a disadvantage.

'Losing it' in any way shows you are vulnerable... and in this dog-eat-dog world of Professional sport, players (unfortunately) can't afford to do that, without the team being punished for it.

Of course I don't think Gomes is a wuss for crying on the pitch... but I am pretty sure we lost that match against Stoke... just saying!

(although on reflection, I think he broke a rib, which probably didn't help his mood!!)

BAE was very good for us. I can't remember him having a bad game. I thought he raised his level in the Champs League too.
He was also the most genuine, honest footballer. He set up a foundation following the London riots and also set up a charity to help restore the sight of people in Africa.

I went to his "motor museum" once. It was shite.

But you probably come pretty close!

Of course I fucking don't... I'm saying that in the heat of 'battle' (as Professional footballers like to think of themselves in) it can be seen a sign of weakness... which the opposition are usually more than happy to take advantage of!

It's not seeing a man cry I have a problem with, (I weep like a baby at most Nature programme when you know what's coming to the poor little seal pup...) It's having that feeling that my team are at a disadvantage somehow
because our 'keeper can't control his emotions until the final whistle.

It's exactly the same as if a player absolutely loses it during a game and lashes out... it shows weakness, and a lack of discipline... and often ends up in a red card, and subsequently putting his team-mates at a disadvantage.

'Losing it' in any way shows you are vulnerable... and in this dog-eat-dog world of Professional sport, players (unfortunately) can't afford to do that, without the team being punished for it.

Of course I don't think Gomes is a wuss for crying on the pitch... but I am pretty sure we lost that match against Stoke... just saying!

(although on reflection, I think he broke a rib, which probably didn't help his mood!!)

To be honest, I rather see a keeper cry than have a silly smirk on their face after letting in a pea roller...yes, I'm talking about Walker!

Jimmy Savile did a lot for charity too.

Anyway, Assou Ekotto was not bad going forward but he sold the jerseys with naive passing and being out of position often. I felt he and Gomes sullied that era for us.

I like to support retired greyhounds charities, is that the cunt's charity? What d'ye reckon? I mean, they're just fucken dugs when all is said and done. Dugs. Auld dugs.

Nicola Berti! Had a girls name ffs!
Stuart Nethercott!

Wish I cd give you 10 agrees for Berti

IMO our worst ever player

Gave the term 'journeyman ' a bad name

Wonder how much we paid him

Total cunt

I noticed Rebrov getting some stick

He was a disappointment true but I thought a tidy player and not his fault that we didn't have a particularly good side at that time
I saw him score a decent goal at Coventry and even though we lost (2-1 I think) he was the stand out player on the pitch (not difficult I suppose) and some Sky Blues fans I got chatting with admitted as much

To be honest, I rather see a keeper cry than have a silly smirk on their face after letting in a pea roller...yes, I'm talking about Walker!

All I really remember about walker is him diving about with his floppy hair. I don't remember ever being in danger of him being 'poached'

Jimmy Savile did a lot for charity too.

Anyway, Assou Ekotto was not bad going forward but he sold the jerseys with naive passing and being out of position often. I felt he and Gomes sullied that era for us.

I like to support retired greyhounds charities, is that the cunt's charity? What d'ye reckon? I mean, they're just fucken dugs when all is said and done. Dugs. Auld dugs.

Benny's tracking back was non existant

Arry used to pull his hair out (not Benny's)

Def at home, under Ossie. I was there and we were 3 up in 15 mins.

Hmm..

In 93/94, we lost 1-0 at the lane, and drew 1-1 at Highbury - we didn't meet them in a cup
In 94/95 Ossie got sacked before we played them

Even in 92/93 under Clemence/Livermore, we beat them both times, but they were 1-0 and 3-1.

The only other Ossie big win was 5-0 to Oldham at home in the early stages of 93/94. We were 3-0 up by 10 mins in that one, so could be that?

Poch era:
  1. Son
  2. Mason
  3. Sissoko
  4. Adebayor
  5. Stambouli
  6. Chadli
  7. Paulinho
  8. Chiriches
  9. Fazio
  10. Carroll
  11. Davies
  12. Yedlin

AVB/'Arry/Timmy:

1. Jenas
  2. Dempsey
  3. Nelsen
  4. Naughton
  5. Palacios
  6. Hutton
  7. Bentley
  8. Gomez
  9. Gallas
  10. O'hara
  11. Basson

Jol/Ramos: too young to remember
:harrylol:
Saw your name as the poster, saw you had Son as number one on your list, and then saw the 16 disagrees. You get people hook, line, and sinker don't you?

Back
Top Bottom