Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure about worse player I have ever seen but I know for a fact what the worse strike partnership I have ever witnessed is......Andy Booth and Gary Doherty away at Derby County in the early 2000's. We lost 2-1 and our goal was a Taribo West OG. George Graham was in charge. Still look back on that day as some sort of watershed moment for me as a Spurs fan.

Anyone else remember Jonny Metgod?

Motty on MOTD called him "imposing"!!

:dembelelol::eriksenlol::levylol::sonlol::walker-scream:

I don't agree with compilations showing selected errors but lets be honest Gomes was pretty fucking shit. At his worst he was an utter liability. I'm amazed he is still a Premier League keeper to be honest. Look at how shit he was in the 4-1 v Watford.
It always irked me that Gomes seemed to have a big fanboy crowd and many seemed to give Robbo abuse who was many times more reliable.
Spot on, son, spot on

The reason we bought Gomes was because of his form in the UEFA Cup. He is great when on form, but suffers from a rush of blood to head...Lloris is better temperamentally but not as great a shot-stopper. Lloris is the better keeper overall, no question. He reminds be a lot of Erik the Viking, who was quality.
Erik the Viking was good, but an obnoxious Norwegian cunt (tautology, I know).

Still, rather that than a butter fingered Brazilian cunt (sounds like a genre: butter fingered Brazilian cunts 4).

Last edited:
Benny's tracking back was non existant

Arry used to pull his hair out (not Benny's)

Benny was quality for us in that side because he started everything from the back, allowing us to move up the pitch effectively without going long. His ability to turn a winger inside out and then ping a ball into an advancing midfielder was very very useful. Not sure there were many better full backs available then who would have made us push on any more.

Benny was quality for us in that side because he started everything from the back, allowing us to move up the pitch effectively without going long. His ability to turn a winger inside out and then ping a ball into an advancing midfielder was very very useful. Not sure there were many better full backs available then who would have made us push on any more.
Ok

At his best, around 2009 I think, I remember Benny being linked with top european clubs. Shame how it turned out with him, as he was a good footballing attitude away from being a worldy

Anyone else remember Jonny Metgod?

Motty on MOTD called him "imposing"!!

:dembelelol::eriksenlol::levylol::sonlol::walker-scream:
Metgod had an impossible task. Bought in to replace Hoddle's creativity ( I think ? ) and got injured early on ( think his main contribution was hitting the bar from a free kick at United or similar ) he went pretty quickly after El Tel arrived and preferred Terry Fucking Fenwick. I seem to remember Metgod turning up in a Feyernord team when they knocked us out of Europe in the Peter the Taxi era a few years down the road. He bossed that game I think. Which showed our decline in a short period....

Last edited:
Hmm..

In 93/94, we lost 1-0 at the lane, and drew 1-1 at Highbury - we didn't meet them in a cup
In 94/95 Ossie got sacked before we played them

Even in 92/93 under Clemence/Livermore, we beat them both times, but they were 1-0 and 3-1.

The only other Ossie big win was 5-0 to Oldham at home in the early stages of 93/94. We were 3-0 up by 10 mins in that one, so could be that?

Sorry 5-0 at home 4/4/1983 not Ossie. We effectly played 5 forwards. Gibson was wide and Brooke with Falco Brazil and ?. That's why I saw Ossie as coach. Too much time and abuse of the mind has passed to think clearly .

image51.jpg

Spot the ball

Wish I cd give you 10 agrees for Berti

IMO our worst ever player

Gave the term 'journeyman ' a bad name

Wonder how much we paid him

Total cunt

I noticed Rebrov getting some stick

He was a disappointment true but I thought a tidy player and not his fault that we didn't have a particularly good side at that time
I saw him score a decent goal at Coventry and even though we lost (2-1 I think) he was the stand out player on the pitch (not difficult I suppose) and some Sky Blues fans I got chatting with admitted as much
Put West ham out of the cup in the pouring rain at the Boylen not all bad

Back
Top Bottom