Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

you've lost me mate, I've just been reading Irvine Welsh so fancied having a pop at a Scottish bloke in Scottish , knowing that you're an obliging sort of chap that wudanee get precious about being called a cunt you so you were him.

Ps ya dinnae Ken wa ya talking aboot wi Cameron Carter Vickers.

He runs a bit like Paul McGrath, as if his hamstrings are tight which prevent him taking a full stride. He's an OX but maybe he needs to learn to run a bit more efficiently. Which brings me onto the point... We all know how to run but there is certain training sprinters do to make them more efficient, I know they are mostly working on short bursts of power but a lot is also down to technique. Do we not have a running/sprinting coach on board? Perhaps a few players could benefit from this? Walker has spoken about his sprint coach as a youth and how he feels he has benefited. It's the small marginal gains that add up to make a different.

Haven't been supporting Spurs for as long as some of you, my time following the club started at the dawn of the Harry Redknapp reign and from then on we have been relatively successful. I do recall Jenas being pretty bad though, whenever he came off the bench I don't think there has been a Spurs player since who has cemented a view that the match is lost more than when I saw Jenas coming on. Some have mentioned Pav, but he did have moments of sheer brilliance and for that I can't include him in any list of worst players. I also developed a loathing for Adebayor but he fits a similar bill as Pav, for example that goal against Man city the outside of the box curler, that, that was nice.

you've lost me mate, I've just been reading Irvine Welsh so fancied having a pop at a Scottish bloke in Scottish , knowing that you're an obliging sort of chap that wudanee get precious about being called a cunt you so you were him.

Ps ya dinnae Ken wa ya talking aboot wi Cameron Carter Vickers.

Strongly recommend 'Skagboys', prequel to Trainspotting
Need translation for Weegies though!

Love Welsh and Iain Banks

Doesn't really help much though when you give one penalty away, save it, only to have a rush of blood to the head and give away another penalty about 30 seconds later.

It's just character.

Like when Dembele beats a man, then goes at him again to have another go for fun.

Gomes was just a little scamp

:levyeyes:

Strongly recommend 'Skagboys', prequel to Trainspotting
Need translation for Weegies though!

Love Welsh and Iain Banks

Skagboys is next on the Agenda mate.

Sidenote , book vs movie Trainspotting (original) which do you feel is better ?

I always always prefer the book to the film but in this case I preferred the film to the book that's not to say I didn't feel the book was excellent it's just I adore that film.

Last edited:
Giovanni Dos Santos is the first player to come to mind in recent history that was meant to be something great but was nothing.
still 93 games for mexico though...

Well, his problem was standing around doing nothing whilst getting blind drunk.

There are stereotypes out there that suggest that made him more eligible to play for his country......
:adeohshit:

He's done alright for Galaxy, but probably grew up too late. It's not often that Barca let good players leave and not return without a good cause.

I always always prefer the book to the film but in this case I preferred the film to the book that's not to say I didn't feel the book was excellent it's just I adore that film.

I loved both but haven't got round to seeing T2 yet

But if asked for preference always the book for me

If you fancy a laugh get the DVD of "The Legend of Barney Thomson"
Hilarious with Robert Carlyle, Ray Winston n Emma Thompson

Apologies for going a bit off thread!

I don't believe that any of the above played for us!

Not ever, but Helder Postiga was poor for us. One league goal - at home against the dippers.

Didn't he knock England out of the Euros once?
yes to both. He scored v England off his shoulder.

Missed 3 absolute sitters at the Library at a time when we hadn't beaten them for ages there.

Hoddle - my favourite Spurs player, but it would have been better if he'd never got near the Spurs cheque book. Apart from Robbie Keane (who I wanted us to buy years beforehand from Wolves for £2m, no gamble there whatsoever by the time we bought him from Leeds) - almost all his signings turned out bad. Toda, Acimovic, Bunjevcevic, urgh.

Not ever, but Helder Postiga was poor for us. One league goal - at home against the dippers.

Didn't he knock England out of the Euros once?

2004. I was there. Useless cunt did fuck all for us (including fucking up 2 one on ones away to the Goons), then knocks us out of the Euro quarters. To be fair though, I blame Sven Goran Eriksson for that more than I ever could Postiga. He took Darius Vassell to the Euros instead of Defoe....and brought him on for Rooney when Rooney got injured (when Fatty actually had his only decent tournament for England)

Alan Bissett's Boyracers is a good book, if you like Scottish fiction and the vernacular

Back
Top Bottom