Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But how can a country condone [sic] another country's practices when they still condone religion (or a religion that fundamentally provides the foundation for the practices they condone)?
With all due respect, that sort of absolutism is horseshit. You can defend freedom of religion without condoning institutionalized slavery.

Interesting points. I don't want to reply to some of the points you raise for the sake of it, because you've already made quite clear and sound statements that I agree with - so I'll just snip out some bits to draw on:

Unfortunately, it seems like the world is currently despairing over the outcome of fair democratic processes. I'm not a royalist, but having an almost Monarchical system can be to great advantage - it is just down to the individual involved, as history tends to show. It can be just as flakey as an elected leader, except the public have had more luck ousting kings and princes than they have PMs and Presidents, it could be said.

As per the original post, this is the exact same law that is in the Bible - which is why I'm not into religion.
By no means am I a biblical scholar, but I am sure that the Bible does not condem Homosexual Persons at any stage, so certainly it could not be considered as a basis of law. although some may try to convince otherwise there are not even as many as ten vage references to such matters. Whereas I think there are many many hundreds of passages out there about love, kindness, compassion and respect for each other.

Strange how Kyle Walker has promoted a debate on this level :)

By no means am I a biblical scholar, but I am sure that the Bible does not condem Homosexual Persons at any stage, so certainly it could not be considered as a basis of law. although some may try to convince otherwise there are not even as many as ten vage references to such matters. Whereas I think there are many many hundreds of passages out there about love, kindness, compassion and respect for each other.

Unforunately it does - in the Old Testament, which is the foundation of (I think) Judaism and Islam, as well as Christinity.

Leviticus 20:13 says "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

There are reference in the new about how it's wrong (by interpretation), but not as harsh as the old testament.

Strange how Kyle Walker has promoted a debate on this level :)

Better than discussing that potential transfer though!

I think maybe we think of certain types of investments as something other than long range economic investments that are projected to provide handsome return on investment over a sustained period. The UAE along with other cash rich Gulf States are constantly seeking economic diversification and non petroleum based revenue. I think the wealth fund fully expect economic benefits from a vastly expanded "City," brand see NY City and the Oz branch. Even Robbing Roman over at Chelski is likely in the long term to realise a healthy profit, the rise in CFC brand value has been astonishing albeit they have a long way to go vs Man Utd, Real , Barca etc etc, but look at where they came from.

As for religious debate best of luck with that !

Unforunately it does - in the Old Testament, which is the foundation of (I think) Judaism and Islam, as well as Christinity.

Leviticus 20:13 says "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

There are reference in the new about how it's wrong (by interpretation), but not as harsh as the old testament.

Better than discussing that potential transfer though!

Biblical text is often open to translation and Interpretation which in turn is perverted to suit agendas ( I can think of a holy book that is often abused that way ! ) The old Hebrew text on which the ^^^ has been translated actually has no direct transalation and as such has been amended over the years to suit a certain point of view. This explains in more detail than I can

Leviticus - Bible Abuse Directed at Homosexuals

Musty old books aside Walker to City does not do Spurs any good as a team, but improves them a great deal. That is not a good situation to be in for us. :walkercry:

Question...

How much does being seen as a proverbial selling club indirectly cost us financially and on the pitch?

Question...

How much does being seen as a proverbial selling club indirectly cost us financially and on the pitch?

Does anyone see us as a "selling" club though? We only average selling one decent player every 3 or 4 years, tbh. Woolwich are probably worse for it.

Does anyone see us as a "selling" club though? We only average selling one decent player every 3 or 4 years, tbh. Woolwich are probably worse for it.

It'd (re: KW) likely to be spun that it signifies a return to said status regardless... (S'not like the popular narrative ever reflected the 'swing' towards the scum being so anyway.)

"Spurs finally finish above Woolwich, yet.... blah blah... Wembley... etc... long standing player.... small club..."

...Maybe, I coulda said how much "would" it cost us.

Biblical text is often open to translation and Interpretation which in turn is perverted to suit agendas ( I can think of a holy book that is often abused that way ! ) The old Hebrew text on which the ^^^ has been translated actually has no direct transalation and as such has been amended over the years to suit a certain point of view. This explains in more detail than I can

I don't doubt that.

My personal view is that religion is just an early method of both government and government brainwashing. I imagine it would be a useful tool in motivating soldiers (see also: Valkyrie in Norse), or controlling the population. As such, the message would have been twisting to suit agenda (see also: CofE, Henry VIII).

Where I take issue is that I could go into a book shop or hotel, and the same books would be sat there saying that the followers of the religion should do all of these things. So it's difficult really, as the book contains these messages.

I don't doubt that.

My personal view is that religion is just an early method of both government and government brainwashing. I imagine it would be a useful tool in motivating soldiers (see also: Valkyrie in Norse), or controlling the population. As such, the message would have been twisting to suit agenda (see also: CofE, Henry VIII).

Where I take issue is that I could go into a book shop or hotel, and the same books would be sat there saying that the followers of the religion should do all of these things. So it's difficult really, as the book contains these messages.
Let's not forget with the UAE government we are not taking historical debates or what old books say. We are talking about the active and current political policy of the government. Who happen of course to also own Man City. Hence why I give nothing but contempt towards them.

Let's not forget with the UAE government we are not taking historical debates or what old books say. We are talking about the active and current political policy of the government. Who happen of course to also own Man City. Hence why I give nothing but contempt towards them.

Of course, but there's just as bad an additude in our own countries due to the same values being in religious texts.

Of course, but there's just as bad an additude in our own countries due to the same values being in religious texts.
Just as bad as killing someone for sexuality ? Not sure Corbin / May or anyone in a position of responsibility has said that.

However, we have done this debate now. Let's move on to Leicester and how I don't like them either :)

Just as bad as killing someone for sexuality ? Not sure Corbin / May or anyone in a position of responsibility has said that.

However, we have done this debate now. Let's move on to Leicester and how I don't like them either :)

Not saying a party leader hasn't - but we are still in a Christian government that funds the church, which educates the public on the basis of that which is contained within the bible.

There aren't many mega rich people out there who haven't done bad things to get to where they are, mind. City had one before the oil money (thaksin shinawatra)

Same has a back tattoo of himself.
DAXLS5jXcAAi6G0.jpg

Attn: modern football thread

The oil riggers are a respect-less, joke of a club, and encapsulate everything that represents the negative side of the modern game of football. The charlatans of the country paralleled in every way by the chavs.

Most people don't like Liverpool but at least they have fan's respect, along with Manchester United (although the latter since losing their manager have gone into over drive in spending)

I'm not sure any football fan has any respect for either the oil riggers, or the chavs, and rightly so.

In September 2008, the club is owned fully by Sheikh Mansour since which time, the Sheikh has spent £1,075.170.000 in transfers on players at the club.

If you throw enough shit at the wall, it's bound to stick at some point.

08/09
In: £133.750,000
Out: £22.590,000
Wages: £82.630,00 (may '09)
-£193.790,000

09/10
In: £125.210,000
Out: £26.310,000
Wages: £133.000,000 (may '10)
-£231.900,000

10/11
In: £155.080,000