Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We really haven't, we're a far better team without him - go and watch Bournemouth and WBA away and compare it with the last two games and you'll find this to be true.

I expect confirmation from either him or the club pretty soon that his time here is up. A loan with option to buy somewhere in Italy is most likely.

And if that confirmation doesn't come will you finally shut the fuck up about it? Honestly, how you can call yourself Spurs while continuing to belittle one of our better players while he is out injured is beyond me.

better whit or without him is one topic of discussion (IMO, better with him) but to think we don't need him next season to me is wrong.

When you face multiple competitions you need depth and depth meaning not just people to play but players replacing others with zero or as less impact as posible. Lamela can provide that.

I don't like him in my national team (different systems) but hell do I like him playing for the Spurs

If we get him fit for next season Coco would be the signing of the summer and will thrive at Wembley

:lamelaaghh:

Have missed his Aggression this season imo, hope he's all well and good for next.
I agree that i hope he recovers from his injury but i really do not agree that we have missed him this past season. We have had an amazing season and i highly doubt it would have been improved on had Lamela been fit (in fact i actually don't think we would have accumulated as many points to be totally honest).

A full fit, rejuvenated Lamela will be like having a new player for us. He may not be a automatic first choice at first but, if like Son, he takes his chances he will force himself into the starting eleven again. I would much prefer a Lamela coming off the bench than a Sissoko.

I agree that i hope he recovers from his injury but i really do not agree that we have missed him this past season. We have had an amazing season and i highly doubt it would have been improved on had Lamela been fit (in fact i actually don't think we would have accumulated as many points to be totally honest).

I fully agree. Lamela makes it harder to beat smaller teams, mainly due to the number of free kicks he causes. The free kicks gives opponents pauses from our pressing and high tempo, and gives them a chance to move personnel into our box to create chances.

Furthermore, the three other AMs we are mainly using are far more lethal. See their goals and assist ratios and compare to Lamela. He had a promising period in 15/16, but has mainly been a huge dissapointment for Spurs, imo.

I rarely talk down any of our players, but I seriously do not get the love people have for Lamela. I'd rather play Sissoko 10/10 games than Lamela.

It's not about better with or without him.

It's about quality options. There are times I want to marry Son. There are times I want to strangle him.....and those are the days I would fucking love to be able to sub him for Lamela.

Best at coming off the bench when oppo gets tired and gaps emerge. He's good when on the edge of the box pushing balls through for one on ones - Citeh away 2-1, Chavs away 2-2, Sund away 1-0, Leceister home, 0-1 Kane hit bar.

Our other players dont really do that. I recall Son doing it for Dele, Citeh home 2-0, but thats about it. Only thing, if we start with 3-4-2-1, then if we need a goal then Son with his scoring record surely would be 1st sub. If we're 4 at the back, Son starts ahead of him.

I dont see him starting too many. And he certainly came here to start. I can't see how he'd want to stay.

On the debit side, his scoring record is really poor (8 PL in all I think). Hothead, gives away free kicks. Aggressive, but not great in the tackle. Very one-footed. I dont think he's pacy enough either to play LWB in 3-4-2-1.

We certainly wouldn't have seen Sissoko on the right of a three if Lamela had been fit.

Who would you rather come off the bench chasing a game?

We really haven't, we're a far better team without him - go and watch Bournemouth and WBA away and compare it with the last two games and you'll find this to be true.

I wont quote stats as you're one of those flat earthers that doesnt "believe" in them. But we drew these games earlier in the season because Eriksen wasnt clicking and we were poor creatively.

We were also missing Kane through injury.

We hadn't fully transitioned to the three at the back that has been so successful for us at the back end of the season, oh and also playing teams that aren't already on the beach makes a difference.

But again, don't let the facts get in the way of your irritating and tired anti Lamela agenda.

We certainly wouldn't have seen Sissoko on the right of a three if Lamela had been fit.

Lamela not being available took the decision away from Poch in terms of the selection of him or Son (who i have always believed is a more effective player). It also helped in Poch being able to find a back 3 formation that has been a huge success (if Lamela was fit i think i would have stuck with the 4-2-3-1 throughout and just played Lamela or Son based on form).
Don't get me wrong, i like Lamela and know he works hard but he has definitely not been missed this season. Can we upgrade on Lamela? I think so.

Lamela not being available took the decision away from Poch in terms of the selection of him or Son (who i have always believed is a more effective player). It also helped in Poch being able to find a back 3 formation that has been a huge success (if Lamela was fit i think i would have stuck with the 4-2-3-1 throughout and just played Lamela or Son based on form).
Don't get me wrong, i like Lamela and know he works hard but he has definitely not been missed this season. Can we upgrade on Lamela? I think so.

Dunno why you'd have "always" believed Son was the more effective player... For his first 18months if he wasn't scoring he was poor (or injured)... Meanwhile EL was playing his best football since arriving and started to finally add a few EPL goals to his game.... The timing of Lamelas absence was an absolute bitch.

d66a3e867580854200fa37f08e8addaa.gif

Dunno why you'd have "always" believed Son was the more effective player... For his first 18months if he wasn't scoring he was poor (or injured)... Meanwhile EL was playing his best football since arriving and started to finally add a few EPL goals to his game.... The timing of Lamelas absence was an absolute bitch.
Son had a good first season imo. Scored almost immediately, then yes he got injured. I also recall seeing a mini purple patch from Jan after we lost to LCFC. From Palace to City, some really good wins, it was Son playing in the main, Lamela as sub. Our later good run, they both played in the main. 1st 45 mins v Chavs, some great stuff from both. Goal from Son, Lamela assist.

Son had a good first season imo. Scored almost immediately, then yes he got injured. I also recall seeing a mini purple patch from Jan after we lost to LCFC. From Palace to City, some really good wins, it was Son playing in the main, Lamela as sub. Our later good run, they both played in the main. 1st 45 mins v Chavs, some great stuff from both. Goal from Son, Lamela assist.

As already noted, when not scoring Son was largely innefective until relatively recently... So frustrating to watch.

Regardless, the point i'm refuting was a direct comparison as to who was most effective between Sons arrival and Lamelas injury.

Considering EL was also outscoring Son last season (with superior contribution elsewhere), it's a no brainer IMO.

Son's best spell BY FAR has come since Erik has been out.

I wont quote stats as you're one of those flat earthers that doesnt "believe" in them. But we drew these games earlier in the season because Eriksen wasnt clicking and we were poor creatively.

We were also missing Kane through injury.

We hadn't fully transitioned to the three at the back that has been so successful for us at the back end of the season, oh and also playing teams that aren't already on the beach makes a difference.

But again, don't let the facts get in the way of your irritating and tired anti Lamela agenda.

Fact: Lamela was available for our first 5 away games. The three he started we didn't win. The two he didn't start we did win.

Lamela has lots of myths surrounding him, dig deeper and these fall apart. We score more without him and win more.

Lamela is only ever any good if the opposition is actively seeking a goal, and leave him time and space to see and place a pass. But we have lots of players that can do that but no one jizzes themselves when Son plays a five foot pass that leads to a goal.

Won't be long now before there's confirmation that he's been told to look for a new club.

Last edited:
Fact: Lamela was available for our first 5 away games. The three he started we didn't win. The two he started we did win.

So no Deli or Dembele, Eriksen way off form, Dier/Wanyama combo having teething problems, yet despite a bright start to the season including a point earning goal vs Everton (?) that's Lamela's fault?

You asked what peeps meant by anti-Lamela 'agenda' in another thread.... THIS is what they meant!

Won't be long now before there's confirmation that he's been told to look for a new club.

Meh... Says you.

As already noted, when not scoring Son was largely innefective until relatively recently... So frustrating to watch.

Regardless, the point i'm refuting was a direct comparison as to who was most effective between Sons arrival and Lamelas injury.

Considering EL was also outscoring Son last season (with superior contribution elsewhere), it's a no brainer IMO.

Son's best spell BY FAR has come since Erik has been out.

Bizarre that you'd agree with this post NW1Spur NW1Spur ....Unless you have nothing but absolute distain for Sonny.

Back
Top Bottom