Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
With United I think we need to remember they have lost Ibrahimovic who is a better footballer than Lukaku, although now it looks as if his career maybe over.

So the loss of Ibrahimovic to be replaced with Lukaku is at its very best just standing still.

With United I think we need to remember they have lost Ibrahimovic who is a better footballer than Lukaku, although now it looks as if his career maybe over.

So the loss of Ibrahimovic to be replaced with Lukaku is at its very best just standing still.

Ibrahimovic has some real technical ability. I compare it to selling Berbatov and having Darren Bent as the replacement.

But the 20 or so below us dont seem to be under such constraints.
Come on Joe. Surely even you can see the absurdity in this. When the likes of Bournmouth, Huddersfield and just about every other PL team can attack the transfer market with their untold wealth, but Tottenham Hotspur, a champions league club, have to sell to buy, something ain't quite right mate

But even if they are attacking the transfer window with their untold wealth is there anyone they have signed that you would have?
Signing players isn't a problem but getting the right players in is more difficult.

Signing players isn't a problem but getting the right players in is more difficult.
Amazes me that people cant see this.

The theory that Mr X will fire us to PL Glory.....if that was true, Soldado and Janssen would have 60 Spurs goals between them.
To say the club doesn't spend is ludicrous.
Unless spending doesn't count if:
a) the player turns out poor
b) we recoup our money

Last edited:
Meyer is one of those guys I want to see at Spurs. I've liked what I have seen from him at Schalke even if this last season was a bit of a slump. Young and with growth potential. Would be a good squad player for us.

He's in the last year of his contract? Shouldn't cost too much and fits all our target parameters. What is his position? When I see us linked with younger German, I think of Lewis 'social media' Holtby.

Would be brilliant in one of the two behind Kane when we play 3-4-2-1

He's in the last year of his contract? Shouldn't cost too much and fits all our target parameters. What is his position? When I see us linked with younger German, I think of Lewis 'social media' Holtby.
Attacking midfielder but he can also work as a left or right midfielder as well. For best comparison I'd say he is a bit like Eriksen. Offensive playmaker. Was important for Germany's U21s recently

double post but last I checked Meyer was valued at anywhere between 15 - 20 million because this last season was a bit of a slump for him and he got less playtime, whereas this time last year Schalke had him at 30 million

But even if they are attacking the transfer window with their untold wealth is there anyone they have signed that you would have?
But that wasn't my point. It was the report that Poch had been told we must " sell before we can buy"....Every other premier league club seemingly has a transfer kitty they can dip into. A war chest of premier league/ tv millions as they say. But we supposedly have to balance the books. I just find the notion absurd. If you disagree, then fair enough. I just say it as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom