Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would offer £20m, take it or leave it; and just wait. Either Everton takes it, or faces the likelihood of nothing.

He's not worth what they want, and it's not our fault they're in that position.

I think we're better off not bidding for him, and rolling the dice on Onomah/Edwards as Eriksen back-ups until Son and Lamela are match-fit again. We're better off keeping our powder dry and buying smarter next summer when we've had a year to seriously scout for someone on Eriksen's level.

Well Barkley isn't exactly a world beater by any means. And Walker was the best right back on the league these past two seasons. No way we should pay more than 20-25M
It is obviously something that Poch sees in Barkley that is interesting the club so if Poch can improve him and also also add consistency in his game then why not grab him!

It is obviously something that Poch sees in Barkley that is interesting the club so if Poch can improve him and also also add consistency in his game then why not grab him!
Recently I went to a meet and greet with Ossie, Ricky and Micky Hazard. Micky repeatedly, repeatedly said RB was the best defence option for Spurs in this transfer window and a MUST BUY.
not sure what sway he has with Poch, but I'm sure Ossie would have been able to get a view and see if we have that option. Not fussed either way as I haven't paid much attention to RB to have an opinion.

That sounds like pretty much the worst idea
What's worse? Spending too much on a guy not good enough, or waiting 12 months and not making that mistake?

The attacking midfielder market is full of a lot of mediocre guys, but very few Champion's League level players. And the available guys all moved already this year, signed new deals, or rejected us (Suso).

What's worse? Spending too much on a guy not good enough, or waiting 12 months and not making that mistake?

The attacking midfielder market is full of a lot of mediocre guys, but very few Champion's League level players. And the available guys all moved already this year, signed new deals, or rejected us (Suso).

I think we sign Barkley and if he turns out to be very good we probably win the league, if he turns out to be good/okay we finish Top 4.

If we buy no one and have a disappointing season the rest of the squad will start to think about moving on.

Well Barkley isn't exactly a world beater by any means. And Walker was the best right back on the league these past two seasons. No way we should pay more than 20-25M

True but he does have a lot of talent and can play multiple positions. Walker is good but we are lucky that there is a dearth of good right backs around in the Prem right now and even luckier that we have a player in Trippier as good (in different ways obviously).

If the Walker money covers Pereira and Barkley that ain't a bad deal.

If we needed more options from the bench why are Nkoudo, Onomah and Sissoko now deemed good enough to take the place of Son, Lamela and Ali.
Son, Rose and Lamela could miss at least 2 of out opening CL games and Ali is suspended for all 3.
Lloris
Davies
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Trippier
Dembele
Wanyama
Eriksen
Ali
Sissoko
Kane

Jansen
Dier
KWP
Nkoudo
Onomah

Could very well be the players who have to play throughout August/September for those saying we don't need any new signings
Hope we don't get any injuries.

I think we sign Barkley and if he turns out to be very good we probably win the league, if he turns out to be good/okay we finish Top 4.

If we buy no one and have a disappointing season the rest of the squad will start to think about moving on.
I think if we sign him he's going to be quite mediocre as he fails to learn Pochettino's press, and he'll play very little anyway as Eriksen is fit and well beyond him.

I'd rather not spend money on a guy who'll never challenge his squadmates.

Does anyone else think Barkley is a tad overrated.
He's 10 month younger than Eriksen. He's made 137 apps, 3 more than Eriksen over last 4 seasons.
Yet he's played 982 mins less? If he's that good why has he been withdrawn a lot.
Eriksen has scored 10 more goals over those four seasons 31
And made 20 more assists, 38.

So if Barkley was to play those extra 982 mins, approx 10 PL games with added time, he'd have to score a goal and 2 assists in each game to match Eriksen.
Some say Eriksen is a lightweight who goes missing.

IMG_2304.gif

Less patient now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom