Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My old man just reminded me also of Rose going out on the piss with his Sunderland mates before the Newcastle 5-1 debacle, and then not being able to play (Davies played instead, and had a bad game).

Also I remember being very angry up at Sunderland one season (I think it was a 2-2 draw) when Rose clapped the home fans and did not acknowledge us at all.

Fuck him.

Why all the talk about "who would you swap him for at united"?

We need a left back if he's on his way & I wouldn't take less than £75 million in cold hard cash. I also wouldn't sell him until we had a replacement up & running. Until then, he can play second fiddle to Davies. And I'd be happy to leave him in the reserves until we were happy with what we've got. No more selling until we are replete with players.
The time has to come when these players & their cunty agents get the shaft rather than be seen to run the show.
No player is bigger than the club they play for. Too many of them are forgetting this. Modern football is becoming cancerous to its core.

The reason why we are building the stadium is to generate more money so that we can pay higher wages. The is no other reason for it being built. It's not built yet, therefore we can't pay those wages.

We can. Use the profit from the walker money then!

Would be interesting to know at what stage of the summer the interview took place and if Poch knew about it. Would hope to think he had the balls to tell Poch before hand that he had gone and done this. Just cant believe him and his agent would think this is the right way to go about this, hes clearly edging for a bigger wage or a transfer so theres no reason he cant go to the chairman and say I want x amount of money or I want to leave. We've already shown this window if you don't want to be here you can leave. I see no way back for him after this unless he is to issue a public apology.

Agree, poor way of making a point but what shall we do now, sell him or play him in the reserves as punishment. Sadly, agents ruin the game for profit and get into the players heads. However the fact remains, if he gets back fit and to the same levels as he was last season, he should be on par with the high earners. Just a poor way of going about it I agree

i do not blame him at all. He should be given a provisional offer of a contract worth the same with the condition that he gets himself fit and can return to the same level. Same goes for Jan and Toby. We should not have sold walker but like any human being that works for a living, if someone is prepared to pay you twice or three times as much, why wouldn't you go?? Loyalty wears thin after a while. Get him signed up and make some signings spurs. Two title challenges in the last two years, we cannot let this momentum stop. Not saying we must spend 50m on one player (unless they take us to 1st place and/or get us on the trophy trail) but we need to improve the team and we arent doing that...yet. Players know we are close to winning things and it is completely madness that we havent given we have been by far the best team over the last two seasons

When we were finishing outside the top 4, the excuse was CL football and title challenges.

Now it's just money?

It's not about loyalty - anyone who has left a good job for one that's simply higher paid will probably know that money is immaterial to happiness

My old man just reminded me also of Rose going out on the piss with his Sunderland mates before the Newcastle 5-1 debacle, and then not being able to play (Davies played instead, and had a bad game).

Also I remember being very angry up at Sunderland one season (I think it was a 2-2 draw) when Rose clapped the home fans and did not acknowledge us at all.

Fuck him.

Use him in a swap deal for a club like Everton. Get Barkley, Tom Davies and Baines. They'll pay you what you're worth and you'll be closer to mummy. Fuck him big time

It boggles my mind though that he feels comfortable criticizing our lack of depth after he just spent half the season injured and we finished second anyways.

I want to fucking slap him.

Stolen from reddit : Theory: Danny Rose--Tottenham's Dark Knight • r/coys
And don't tell me this thought didn't cross any of your minds!

Danny Rose - Tottenham's Dark Knight!

Get your tinfoil hats ready, because Danny Rose is the true hero of this window.

Danny Rose, affectionately labeled "Poch's Pet" by many in the squad, has been seen as the consummate professional. Currently the most senior member at the club, signed a new deal recently, and loved by teammates and fans alike. While he's pleased with how far the club has come during his time, he, and others in the club, think our inactivity during the transfer window will adversely affect the progress we've made under his favorite manager and football father figure, Mauricio Pochettino. After approaching management and the chairman of the club with his concerns at the end of the season, he was told not to worry and that things would be handled. The players know what's needed and how close they are to glory, and, as the summer has droned on, they have grown increasingly concerned with the development of the squad and its chances to succeed domestically and internationally. While Poch is at first there to assuage concerns, he too begins to worry about squandering what could be a banner year for the club. That being said, his hands are tied. He cannot openly oppose the chairman in his position, it would show poor leadership and disorganization. So, like the great manager he is, he devises a plan to make things right.

Confiding in Danny, he tells him of a plan to jump start the window before deadline day. Why Danny? Well, their similar-to-father-son relationship suggests that Pochettino would trust Danny more than anyone with such a task, and Danny is settled at Tottenham and is largely considered a fan favorite. While his message will be taken seriously, it's very different than going to one the younger stars, players that are still growing into their potential and are developing their brand on and off the pitch. He's experienced the trials and tribulations of Redknapp, AVB, and Sherwood, and his experience would help add to the importance of his message. And where do they send the message? Well, where else other than the absolute bottom of the barrel? The tabloids for the tabloids. Not only will it add to the shock and horror of the fans, but will add a certain jarring effect to its very public delivery. Not to mention no other new outlet in the world would do a better job sensationalizing even the most benign portions of his interview.

So here we are, on the eve of what is one of the club's most important seasons, with the most senior member of the squad urging for transfer activity and an increase in wages in the most pathetic excuse for a newspaper in the modern world. It has shocked the fans and the football world alike. At least some small aspect of the interview resonates with all Spurs fans, but to read it in The S*n from a player has appalled us all. It's angered us, and it's shown that the window has reached a breaking point. But, it has also placed the impetus on the chairman to act sooner rather than later. It has shown the public that even those inside the club are concerned at his handling of the transfer window, forcing his hand in a very public way and unlike ever before. And who is recommended directly in the article? None other than the player who has been linked with the club for the majority of the window. In this, Poch believes the chairman will act more swiftly, and guarantees Danny protection from Levy's ire.

But Danny knows what this will do to his image in the eyes of the fans. It will ruin him. Many fans that are unable to see through the intentions of his interview will call him a traitor, a snake. He might even be booed in some corners of Wembley stadium. But Poch will know, and he will know that he has sacrificed himself for the club he loves. And when the players are signed, the jerseys are held up, the matches are won, and the trophies hoisted, all will be forgiven. We will all laugh about the time Danny Rose went to The S*n to jumpstart transfer window activity before our greatest season in recent memory. And while he may not feel like the hero we want, Danny Rose has become the hero we deserve. Edit: Minor Text Fixes

tl;dr: As proven by the shittiest shitpost to occur during what has been one big shitpost of a transfer window, Danny Rose has saved the transfer window for Tottenham Hotspur. Hope you all make it to September 1st in one piece.

Funnily enough I just heard this elsewhere, from a bloke who's in with the corporates at Spurs, knows StevieP and Burky very well. Reckons "Rose got a pass from upstairs" which would suggest Pochettino, rather than Levy obviously. If so, fair play to our manager, I suspect a helluva lot of people sympathise with some part of what Rose said, just not the timing and the way he chose.

Said bloke does seem to have a drinking problem too, so in time-honoured ITK tradition, don't shoot me I'm only the messenger etc etc. Blue and yellow.

We can. Use the profit from the walker money then!
After tax, that would be approx an extra £30k per week spread across the first 11, doesn't even bring most players up to £100k per week. When City, Utd, Chelsea pay £200k pw, doesn't solve anything, the divide is still their, the revenue gap is still getting bigger. Also you've no money to by new players. See the problem now? The stadium is being built to double our revenue stream not piss about with £30k pw.

Is £65k a week not enough to set him up for life?

I get that he could earn more elsewhere but let's not pretend he's on the bread line.

No-one said he was.

But what's wrong with him wanting to earn more now. He won't be earning that in 10 years time will he?

After tax, NI. That's not actually 65k a week you know.

He's in my opinion one of the best left backs in the world.

If someone is willing to double, triple his wages I'm not going to hold that against him.

Would be interesting to know at what stage of the summer the interview took place and if Poch knew about it. Would hope to think he had the balls to tell Poch before hand that he had gone and done this. Just cant believe him and his agent would think this is the right way to go about this, hes clearly edging for a bigger wage or a transfer so theres no reason he cant go to the chairman and say I want x amount of money or I want to leave. We've already shown this window if you don't want to be here you can leave. I see no way back for him after this unless he is to issue a public apology.

Agree, poor way of making a point but what shall we do now, sell him or play him in the reserves as punishment. Sadly, agents ruin the game for profit and get into the players heads. However the fact remains, if he gets back fit and to the same levels as he was last season, he should be on par with the high earners. Just a poor way of going about it.
When we were finishing outside the top 4, the excuse was CL football and title challenges.

Now it's just money?

It's not about loyalty - anyone who has left a good job for one that's simply higher paid will probably know that money is immaterial to happiness

You are right, it certainly is but i work in a job where i don't think im paid what i'm worth. Whats the real difference between that and a football player. I would change my employer for double the money. It certainly would make me happier! that doesn't mean that's all i care about. As a fan, i don't think any player should leave us for money/trophies but that's a biased opinion. Rose and walker were the best in their positions. One already left, one seems be thinking about it. Whilst i'm not saying we should compare our wages to other top teams he should at least be on par with the higher earners.

Funnily enough I just heard this elsewhere, from a bloke who's in with the corporates at Spurs, knows StevieP and Burky very well. Reckons "Rose got a pass from upstairs" which would suggest Pochettino, rather than Levy obviously. If so, fair play to our manager, I suspect a helluva lot of people sympathise with some part of what Rose said, just not the timing and the way he chose.

Said bloke does seem to have a drinking problem too, so in time-honoured ITK tradition, don't shoot me I'm only the messenger etc etc. Blue and yellow.
It's absolute fantasy.
Poch isn't the type of guy to throw someone under the bus to take the heat like that. He'd say it himself.

No-one said he was.

But what's wrong with him wanting to earn more now. He won't be earning that in 10 years time will he?

After tax, NI. That's not actually 65k a week you know.

He's in my opinion one of the best left backs in the world.

If someone is willing to double, triple his wages I'm not going to hold that against him.

No-one would hold that against him. Pretty much anyone would love to get offered three times their wage.

The issue is that he's not earning crap money in real world terms and that's putting it nicely.

And to use that as an excuse is letting him off the hook for his behaviour. Football is a bubble and players should remember that the majority of us live in the real world where we would get sacked for behaving like he has.

Back
Top Bottom