Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tell me where I said I'm hoping that our players don't sign contracts. Good job putting words in my mouth.

Naturally, IF a player is unhappy with a contract put in front of them then don't sign it. No one is forcing them. Rose was very happy at the end of last year to get paid 65 thousand a week for 5 years*. Now he's not? Fuck him.

Toby is the only example I will use because he hasn't signed an extension and his contract is on the tail end. If the club is offering him 100k a week and he feels he deserves more then good for him, that's how contracts work. He will either force us to go higher or not work out a deal and he leaves. That's life. But if he's content with signing a 100k a week extension and then next season bitches to the media that he deserves 150k a week then sorry pal but you should have thought about that 150k when you were negotiating your contract like an adult.

This doesn't look like a player that's completely miserable with his contract extension
nintchdbpict000268937005-e1474539195644.jpg

You really think a 5 year contract means they will stay for 5 years??

If they sign a contract then yes on that day they are happy with those terms. But maybe not really happy, just better than what they got before, so it will do type of happy.

News for you. Things change.

Maybe read this book....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Amazing/dp/0091816971

But dude, he misses his mommy and lives like 3 really REALLY far hours away from her. Show some compassion! I mean yes, he has other team mates whose families live thousands and thousands of miles away across continents and oceans, but that's nothing compared to the traffic on the A1.

Plus some men on twitter said nasty things about him when he was shite....
giphy.gif

To moan about only being on £65k a week when there are people feeding there families from food banks takes a special kind of cunt! :dembelefingers:

All perspective on life is lost on footballers, they compare themselves to players around them. They don't for a second consider how much us fans, many of whom don't earn what they get per week over a few years, pay to worship these young professionals.

Money has fucked up football simple as that! Rose and Walker had CL football,international football and regular first team football with a winning settled team but still not enough! money is their goal the motivation I personally took pride in the fact our players were not like that they took pride in their work and in the long term they would create something special in football terms achieved without being paid obscene amounts of money,they wouldn't be as grubby as the employees of Man.U,Woolwich,City or Chelsea! Sadly I was wrong they are all the same....greedy chunts...

You really think a 5 year contract means they will stay for 5 years??

If they sign a contract then yes on that day they are happy with those terms. But maybe not really happy, just better than what they got before, so it will do type of happy.

News for you. Things change.

Maybe read this book....

Who Moved My Cheese: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life: Amazon.co.uk: Dr Spencer Johnson: 8601400456279: Books

He's not happy anymore? Sucks for him. I certainly won't be a shoulder to cry on that he wants a move and more money after 6 months of a new contract. You can be that shoulder to cry on since it seems like you are on his side during all of this.

I don't know why he chose now.

Head turned, upset by lack of transfers, watching us get turned over by City and Kyle phoning him up to say - its better here.

Knowing that he actually can earn more money and Levy on Monday said fuck off you're injured why should I pay you more.

Fuck knows.

But I feel his frustration. Big time. We were on the cusp but I don't feel we have moved forwards.

I just see us turning into Woolwich. We can spend - but we won't.
Or so goes the official line while billionaire owners live on yachts.

Agree. When we are close and then don't spend then it's frustrating. To have kept him and walker and added to the squad would have been ideal but now we have the walker money we don't use it and and who knows if we will use it all or at all.
Still this does not give him the right to speak badly about the club and disrespect the club that gave him a shot and made him the player that it is and help get him fit. Why couldn't he do this privately? Instead he screws everyone over 3 days before our first game. He is trying to push a move and couldn't care less about us. Dump him in the reserves and let him get himself fit at home. Ungrateful!

Yes but when an offer comes up he will "have no qualms whatsoever" about going to Levy to ask for a move.

Cant believe anyone is sticking up for the mug
Why not?
I am not defending his actions which are indefensible.
He stated it is difficult being injured for so long and it giving too much time to think.
He is 27 and perhaps wondering how long he will be able to last in Poch's high press team. Whilst Vertonghan older , Rose plays a more demanding role. He said only got 1 good contract left.
He has seen Walker leave and get a massive pay rise. Most on here saying Rose the better player and yet he will earn considerably less. He says not motivated by money but trophies and yet by not improving the squad our chances of winning a cup is not likely unless we change policy and play the weakened teams in the premiership which is unlikely.
He also mentioned the attacks on him in the past by fans. Therefore if that is happening today which I suspect is the case it will push him to ask for a move which has not happened yet.
For someone that is so Pro Poch why not wait to hear what he says tomorrow in the press conference.
If he stays and fans boo him when he next plays that would harm the team. If/when he goes is the time to withdraw support and not now.
I do not support his action but whilst he does not openly push for a move making him unplayable he will retain my support. His action is nowhere near as bad as Barkley or the Southampton CB.

Rose is daft in the extreme because I am sure the club will make an example of him and rightly so.

It is like us (the UK) and Brexit in my opinion.

I hope like nothing else that we can buy the 3/4 olayers we need and win something this season with that waste of space that Rose has shown himself to be.

He has one chance to redeem himself by apologising and quickly. If not he will be hated like no one before.

But his words may change the thoughts on footballers in a big way.

Last edited:
What did big nose say?

What did old Cocknose have to say?
He agreed with Danny, that in the going market - he is worth more than £65k a week.

He then went on to say that Spurs are in a very tricky position, because we have the best XI in the Premier League, and it's incredibly difficult to bring "quality" signings in like Danny is calling for, due to our wage "structure" (and because every single one of our first XI could get a move tomorrow).

I would rewind and type it out verbatim, but I can't be arsed - I'm sure it'll turn on on Youtube tomorrow, I'll try and dig it out - but he was very fair and unbiased - for a gooner.

Rose won't play for us again now, I'm sure.

He'll get boo'd off the pitch if he does.

Modric wasn't booed off the pitch for basically doing worse.

All it will take it Rose scoring a goal or putting a tough tackle on a scum or Chelsea player and he will be back in the good books.

This is on Poch now. If he starts him, we back him as long as he wears that shirt.

If Poch comes out tomorrow and says "Rose is not going anywhere or words to that effect then that should be the end of the matter. I know it will not be as the Press/media will not let it go but other teams have similar situations. Attacking Rose on Twitter or other Media will not help.

Back
Top Bottom