Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other teams keeping their fans updated in player wants out shocker!

Come on Spurs what's happening??

We are quietly getting on with it like we do all season, no need to say anything that will tip the hat to any other clubs

Poch will be interviewed today and the other day said we will be bringing a couple in that's all there is to say

Football now Sammy is back, you can put your white hat down you have worn well with pride all summer and watch the real reason (I hope) people are on here for! COYS

We are quietly getting on with it like we do all season, no need to say anything that will tip the hat to any other clubs

Poch will be interviewed today and the other day said we will be bringing a couple in that's all there is to say

Football now Sammy is back, you can put your white hat down you have worn well with pride all summer and watch the real reason (I hope) people are on here for! COYS
White hat? Is sammy in the KKK? :pochshock:

welcome_To_Liverpool.jpg

I tend to agree which is why I do not get invested too much in players although part of that is my years of seeing it for what it is.

I guess however that at least 2 or 3 things are pertinent and have been mentioned....

a) why sign a new contract less than a year ago and believe you can then slag off your club's wage structure?
b) don't proclaim love for a club and a desire to be there for years and years and then do this. Some fans will believe you.
c) recognise you are in a privileged position, keep working hard, be part of a team that achieves success and even more benefit will come your way.

My take on it is that it has simply become skewed and that the next round of tv deals will see this change round because we are not far, if not there already where public and even governmental outcry or a lack of competitiveness will force change. Of course I could be wrong but it is getting to the point where you just want to turn-off, so crazy are the numbers.
Most footballers have the IQ of a flip flop, and in all likelihood are simply regurgitating statements fed to them by hungry agents.
I hate all of this shit in the same way as everyone else, as I want to see the team stable and competitive.
I'm not as wound up about the lack of squad development as the majority of people, but if the club finds, buys and pays good quality players, or locates and develops good young prospects, I'm not going to complain - I want to see us prosper and dominate the league for as long as we can.
I have seen enough of the sport to no longer be dismayed by the fickle nature of professional footballers, and if I were president - I would have all agents shot at dawn, and outlaw their involvement in all sports.

The fact that a footballer says I love the club one month, signs a new contract the next and then complains about everything is relatively meaningless, because most reasonably intelligent people realise that its all part of the greed that has permeated the game.

I'm certainly not going to start brimming and frothing about our players making statements of this nature, as life is too short and I'd rather not spoil my life by living in a constant state of anguish about a situation that I can do nothing about.

I'll concentrate on watching the games, celebrating the goals, wins and skill and accept that whatever happens, there will always be a Spurs club and team for me to support.

There's enough piss, wind and bollocks spouted on here by self appointed know alls, self qualified psychoanalysists and egomaniacs - without me adding to all the blather and bullshit.

For a bit of fun:

I've got an interesting question for a Friday afternoon. When was the last time Spurs signed an England international? Restrictions: No re-signings (so no Defoe or Crouch), no has beens (so no Andy Sinton, Tim Sherwood). So must have been called up to the previous England squad before us signing him*.

*I'm aware Ross Barkley wasn't in the squad against Scotland

For a bit of fun:

I've got an interesting question for a Friday afternoon. When was the last time Spurs signed an England international? Restrictions: No re-signings (so no Defoe or Crouch), no has beens (so no Andy Sinton, Tim Sherwood). So must have been called up to the previous England squad before us signing him*.

Vivian Woodward?

For a bit of fun:

Jenas?

For a bit of fun:

Barkley is an established England International, so if we sign him it would rubbish any argument you're hinting at that we're not trying to sign established internationals.

Whio cares anyway? Doesn't it say more that Walker, Dier, Trippier, Alli and Kane all forged established England careers after signing for us?

Barkley is an established England International, so if we sign him it would rubbish any argument you're hinting at that we're not trying to sign established internationals.

Whio cares anyway? Doesn't it say more that Walker, Dier, Trippier, Alli and Kane all forged established England careers after signing for us?

For a bit of fun, you miserable so and so. Get your thinking hat on!

For a bit of fun:

Parker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom