Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

The meltdown has begun!

44a63493ceb651f3f4da0e8b87ef0cf1.gif

Don't know how much truth there is in this, but I've read speculations that Woolwich's lack of activity and re-signing contracts are related to their shit owner's (god bless him) attempt to get a loan, using his ownership of Woolwich as security, to fund new facilities for some sport teams he owns in the states.

Would be fantastic if true. Not sure, though, if it's better than the alternative: Players simply don't want to sign for them because they are shit, and every player they have just gets a bit worse every season.

Spin. 3 players between 19 & 23 signed. No youth players as yet sent out on loan & no players over 30 as yet signed. We can all spin the numbers.

Ey? We've loaned our CCV and Onomah. Previously, Poch has basically said in the past that if you're sent out on loan it's because we don't want you.

Llorente is having a medical. Even if he doesn't sign, the fact he's looking at 30+ year olds shows he realises being stubborn will cost him.

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Tottenham are discussing a deal to sign Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.

Gomes is a similar profile to Ross Barkley and Barcelona, who want want to sell some players, have put both him and Arda Turan on the market.

Spurs remain interested in Barkley but have been put off making a move for him in this window due to his injury.

Don't know how much truth there is in this, but I've read speculations that Woolwich's lack of activity and re-signing contracts are related to their shit owner's (god bless him) attempt to get a loan, using his ownership of Woolwich as security, to fund new facilities for some sport teams he owns in the states.

Would be fantastic if true. Not sure, though, if it's better than the alternative: Players simply don't want to sign for them because they are shit, and every player they have just gets a bit worse every season.

Well apparently it's actually their wages that's the issue. They can afford the transfer fee for players but they've got so many average players on 70k+ a week that their wage bill is at the max of what it can be. It's the reason why they can't/won't replace Oxlade-Chamberlain but will do if they sell Sanchez because his wage off the bill opens a space for a new player.

BREAKING NEWS

We understand Tottenham are discussing a deal to sign Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.

Gomes is a similar profile to Ross Barkley and Barcelona, who want want to sell some players, have put both him and Arda Turan on the market.

Spurs remain interested in Barkley but have been put off making a move for him in this window due to his injury.

I'd prefer Barkley in January in all honesty. I don't love to see what Pochettino could do with him

Well apparently it's actually their wages that's the issue. They can afford the transfer fee for players but they've got so many average players on 70k+ a week that their wage bill is at the max of what it can be. It's the reason why they can't/won't replace Oxlade-Chamberlain but will do if they sell Sanchez because his wage off the bill opens a space for a new player.

So much for Wenger's degree in economics, I guess. They've done fucked themselves for a long time with their huge wages to talents who've shown moments of quality, that they can't get rid of when the players subsequently turn to shit, such as Bentner, Walcott, Wilshere and Ox.

I love it.

For years they've been said to be the most well run club in the league. I've argued that they weren't. The cracks are really starting to show now.

I love it.

Not gonna lie, I've never seen Andre Gomes play. Really like the idea of signing Barkley but if he's crippled then there is no point. Anyone know if they're similar players? I'm guessing they must be, if he's the alternative...

Poch has basically said in the past that if you're sent out on loan it's because we don't want you.

He's come out and refined his stance. Said that if you break into training with the first team but you don't get game time within 1-2 years you'll be loaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom