Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could definitely take it that way, I just like a bit of bravado in a front man

Don't want him watching Harry at the expense of expressing himself

If he was 18, I'd say differently

Seems Fernando has some significant qualities that we can make use of
he has won the world cup and played with some of the best players in the world. some of them better than kane at this stage in his career. i think he knows what he's doing. how can that kind of attitude be negative in any way? he is the most experienced in our squad by far and still saying he is looking to get even better and even learn from our younger players. that my friend is class and should be praised rather than questioned.

Sweden was practically top of the world regarding hardcore/punk music at one time. Don't let ABBA be your music representatives.
We're still on top of music.

90% of the stuff on the radio is produced by a Swede. I will grant you there's a lack of top notch Swedish rock acts right now. Granted I've grown out of only listening to rock myself so maybe I just let them pass by in the periphery

We're still on top of music.

90% of the stuff on the radio is produced by a Swede. I will grant you there's a lack of top notch Swedish rock acts right now. Granted I've grown out of only listening to rock myself so maybe I just let them pass by in the periphery
Still on top? No. But your accolades are too good to still have some crappy 70s pop group be your musical representative.

Still on top? No. But your accolades are too good to still have some crappy 70s pop group be your musical representative.
That may be true. But our country is so stereotyped by other countries that when you say Sweden outside of it you almost always get back Abba, Swedish chef (in his voice) and candy fish.

That may be true. But our country is so stereotyped by other countries that when you say Sweden outside of it you almost always get back Abba, Swedish chef (in his voice) and candy fish.
And I'm trying to destroy that stereotype my Swedish friend. Let go of ABBA! You're better than them!

You forgot IKEA on your stereotype list:sherwoodlol:

When we played Chelsea hand had those endless number of corners, I never thought we'd score from any of them. We're Spurs and we don't score from corners. Now with Sanchez and especially Llorente in the team I can see our goals from corners ratio shooting up.

When we played Chelsea hand had those endless number of corners, I never thought we'd score from any of them. We're Spurs and we don't score from corners. Now with Sanchez and especially Llorente in the team I can see our goals from corners ratio shooting up.
Particularly at the end of a game we're drawing and the opposition is sitting deep and conceding corner after corner.

At that point, the press is less important and Llorente can do what he does best.

I think Sweden is more represented by the likes of Tim Bergling, Alesso, Sebastian Ingrosso or Axel Hedfors, in their many different names and guises.

I think the view of ABBA is purely an indicator of a lack of knowledge, rather than a representative. No different to Liverpool being represented by The Beatles, or Manchester by Oasis

yea we have the players now bt I think eriksens corners are not very good. I think Son's are better.

If we get the 11-12 corner kicks a game that's been a feature of our play, then we'll be smashing teams with this guy up front.

Llorente, Dier, Alderweireld and Davinson (Kane and Jan really should score more headed goals as well. Corners and with a game finely poised with 10 minutes left, we have options. A blessing for Eriksen and Dele as teams won't be able to drop deep against us as much now. It may even bring out something else in Sissoko and GKN if they buck their ideas up and want to be part of our future

he has won the world cup and played with some of the best players in the world. some of them better than kane at this stage in his career. i think he knows what he's doing. how can that kind of attitude be negative in any way? he is the most experienced in our squad by far and still saying he is looking to get even better and even learn from our younger players. that my friend is class and should be praised rather than questioned.

Is it not his way of saying Kane is better, reducing expectations of him?

I want him to be pushing for a first team place

Back
Top Bottom