Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have a player called Dele Alli who could supposedly play for Real and Barca, but cant take on a Burnley or Swansea defender. Too many silly flicks and his first touch has gone all Rasiak.

Its not that we dont have a player that can make a difference, its that he doesnt anymore

Let's not get carried away. He's a quality player and we just haven't adjusted to Wembley yet. Not every team will set up like Swansea and Burnley. Once we start playing decent footballing teams the goals and momentum will come, I'm sure.

Yeah. People forget that we actually had a bit of a dry patch early last season. We're already up to fifth, one point on fourth. The doommongering is ridiculous. If we get to ten games and we are doing noticeably poorer then I can understand.

Wembley loses us home advantage I don't care what anyone says. If anything it is a disadvantage because we have teams upping their game to play there. Anyone that honestly thinks we'd have had the same kind of game in this one, Chelsea and Burnley if it was at White Hart Lane needs their heads tested.

Sadly the club needs to do what the club needs to do. The only hope I have is that the plastic fans who were leaving after 85 minutes genuinely leave my club alone when we move back to N17. You waste my club away!

Also we don't have player who can dribble past players in tight spaces consistently, what Hazard, Sanchez, David Silva do etc. Only player we have like that is Dembele but he plays deeper, it's that ability that crates opening and causes distruption in opposition defences when they play 9 defenders.

We still have that weakness in attack, our defence is brilliant but our attack still isn't balanced, Son is not a dribbler like Hazard but he was the player causing Swansea most issues in that he does have some pace.
That type of player should be our number 1 target next summer.

Let's not get carried away. He's a quality player and we just haven't adjusted to Wembley yet. Not every team will set up like Swansea and Burnley. Once we start playing decent footballing teams the goals and momentum will come, I'm sure.

The problem is that every team plays to their strength. They come to get a point and they get it....we shouldnt have to rely on playing decent teams that attack. There are more points to be had in the bottom half, and we need to learn how to deal with it.

Its not good enough that our top players disappear against crap teams

4. This loss is more frustrating then the Burnley one. That burnley game we can point and say Trippier had a costly mistake that led to them equalizing. Swansea today at times played with no striker up front.

5. Mike Dean was horrendous. There were two clear handballs not given and that handball he decided to give was to Aurier. I hope the league makes refs watch highlights after the match and hold these refs accountable.
We didn't lose either game.

The problem is that every team plays to their strength. They come to get a point and they get it....we shouldnt have to rely on playing decent teams that attack. There are more points to be had in the bottom half, and we need to learn how to deal with it.

Its not good enough that our top players disappear against crap teams

I see what you're saying. I just think we set up the wrong way today. Should have brought llorente on at half time and put some decent balls on his head. I just think we need that one convincing win at Wembley and we will gather momentum. I think the title is a stretch too far. I reckon top 4, a good run in the CL and either an FA cup or league cup trophy would be a successful season considering we are away from home all season.

We have a player called Dele Alli who could supposedly play for Real and Barca, but cant take on a Burnley or Swansea defender. Too many silly flicks and his first touch has gone all Rasiak.

Its not that we dont have a player that can make a difference, its that he doesnt anymore

Dele is a goal scoring midfielder, even at his best he still has a lot of weaknesses in his game. Not sure what's happened to his form this year.

Anyway he won't beat players, that's not his game.

Your agenda against Dele is really quite sad. Are we going to have to listen to you banging on about him every day?

When people were cunting off Sissoko, Janssen and even Adebayor, you would agree with me that we should get behind the players whoever they are when they wear the shirt. Now you're doing the same in cunting off Dele, who has done more than enough for us in two years at a very tender age to deserve a little bit of the benefit of the doubt. Screaming "drop him, drop him" about a player who contributed lots of our goals last year and the year before is total overreaction. If ten games go past and he doesn't score and offers no assists then I'd agree we might have to review his position, he'd need to be dropped. But it's only five games and he's scored twice already. You're flat out melting and you can't see it. Well, you probably can, but your usual sammyspurs pride wouldn't like you admitting it. You're using Dele as a scape goat for what you think is a bad run of form (in reality only one less point than this time last year).

That type of player should be our number 1 target next summer.

Zaha would have been a good buy as he offers that although he is currently injured. Not sure with our budget who else is there unless we push Marcus Edwards development forward.

I see what you're saying. I just think we set up the wrong way today. Should have brought llorente on at half time and put some decent balls on his head. I just think we need that one convincing win at Wembley and we will gather momentum. I think the title is a stretch too far. I reckon top 4, a good run in the CL and either an FA cup or league cup trophy would be a successful season considering we are away from home all season.
That would be good at WHL too.

Davies is the best LB of all time if he would have been the difference. Putting Trippier at LB was a mistake, especially after Llorente came on. Aurier was poor and we needed Trippier's crossing on the right. I don't know why Poch just didn't start the same players in a 4-2-3-1 with Verts at LB. Wasted a half with Son at LWB, who was our best attacking threat, and then subbed off instead of Dele, who was awful today.

Blame all around, but I was afraid this was going to happen after that midweek performance - no urgency at the start. This is how EVERYONE will play against us because it works.

Looking forward to reversing our H/A record from last season.

I knew i'd seen this Spurs somewhere before.
A lot of farting about.
No goals.
Occasional fuck-up to snatch defeat from possible victory.
Refs playing as a 12th man for the opposition.

I don't think I can stomach that again.

This cheese room better be fucking epic!! :)
This time last year PL points - 9. This year - 8 points. This time last year CL points - 0. CL points this year - 3.
Total cumulative points from games played this time last year - 9
Total cumulative points from games played same time this year - 11
Form of Sissoko improving.
Dele Alli has scored twice.
Kane is scoring again after quiet August, just like last year.
Aurier and Sanchez hitting the ground running. Squad otherwise strengthened. Janssen upgraded.
All while having to get used to a new ground.

But, accordingly to this thread:-

1) Wembley has cursed our season and we'll always be shit there.
2) We are incapable of having a better away record this year
3) Poch's tactics are shit
4) We are no better than under AVB
5) Dele Alli is total garbage and should be binned
6) We haven't signed the players we need
7) We're useless in midfield
8) Our season is basically fucked already and our form is terrible.

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip. We're only a month into the season for heaven's sake.

Back
Top Bottom