Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This time last year PL points - 9. This year - 8 points. This time last year CL points - 0. CL points this year - 3.
Total cumulative points from games played this time last year - 9
Total cumulative points from games played same time this year - 11
Form of Sissoko improving.
Dele Alli has scored twice.
Kane is scoring again after quiet August, just like last year.
Aurier and Sanchez hitting the ground running. Squad otherwise strengthened. Janssen upgraded.
All while having to get used to a new ground.

But, accordingly to this thread:-

1) Wembley has cursed our season and we'll always be shit there.
2) We are incapable of having a better away record this year
3) Poch's tactics are shit
4) We are no better than under AVB
5) Dele Alli is total garbage and should be binned
6) We haven't signed the players we need
7) We're useless in midfield
8) Our season is basically fucked already and our form is terrible.

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip. We're only a month into the season for heaven's sake.

Yeah, mental patients in here. If we destroy Spam next week the same people will be like "title here we come baby!"

tripper did not work on the left, every pass was backwards, did not go passed a player
why didn't Poch see that ? he needs someone high in the stands to give him feed back on whats happening
too many touches on the ball before they passed it on,
I just don't get having everyone back when they have a corner or free kick, leave Son up front then they have to keep players back to cover & we have out ball

We were fucking hopeless today. Slow ponderous and predictable. Titles not gone already and top is in sight but Jesus Christ they need to wake up before it really does go wrong...

And as for Wembley. It's Horrible. The amount of utter cunts who keep walking in and out the aisles throughout the game.....fuck it's irritating. Watch the fucking game. 3rd game in a row I have swapped my seat with some prick who's two mates are to the right of me and he is 3 seats to the left ! Nothing positive to say about Wembley. It should be great. It's bloody awful and some of our own "fans" are contributing to that negative feeling.

This time last year PL points - 9. This year - 8 points. This time last year CL points - 0. CL points this year - 3.
Total cumulative points from games played this time last year - 9
Total cumulative points from games played same time this year - 11
Form of Sissoko improving.
Dele Alli has scored twice.
Kane is scoring again after quiet August, just like last year.
Aurier and Sanchez hitting the ground running. Squad otherwise strengthened. Janssen upgraded.
All while having to get used to a new ground.

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip. We're only a month into the season for heaven's sake.
Fair play, Sal

the BBC stats say we've had 26 shots but a good few of them were speculative sky shots from Jan and Trpper and the likes I can only think of a few genuine chances where we've tested them. the Kane backwards head from the corner (lovely stuff, good save) the Son one in the first half at the near post? is that it really?

Pissed off for a few reasons. Mainly the result. But we should just start playing like an away team at home from now on if it gets us over the line. That's what teams do to us. It's about time we switch it around and stop playing into their hands.

We had a few opportunities to counter them but the break was so slow when it needed one ball out wide to split em open. That's how our first two goals on Wednesday came from. We are always going to have lots of possession against these types of teams and the rare chance you get to get them out of position we should make the most of it but we were way too slow in that respect

the BBC stats say we've had 26 shots but a good few of them were speculative sky shots from Jan and Trpper and the likes I can only think of a few genuine chances where we've tested them. the Kane backwards head from the corner (lovely stuff, good save) the Son one in the first half at the near post? is that it really?

Kane's free kick too.

Besides that, Fabianski had an easy game.

Our finishing was pathetic out there today.

What would have been preferred an absolute hounding by Borussia and a resounding result today? Or what did happen bare in mind we've time to sort the league out feck up the champions league at the start and we run out of games quick! Imo we need the momentum of the CL if for nowt else confidence and a half empty stadium if it goes tits up.

Mainly just counter-attacking, like we did against Dortmund is one example. If we let Swansea have more possession and get high up the pitch, their own players would have been so confused when we broke on them fast. Their whole game plan is based upon us having the ball and breaking them down. If our game plan isn't based on having more of the ball and breaking them down then it at least messes up the game plan they successfully worked on all week.

We had chances to break fast from some of their set pieces...All wasted. Too many passes and sideways passing.

I understand need to rest Davies, so why have him on the bench ? if he's on the bench bring him on when we need a left wing back,
Son for me is too hit & miss, plays well one game and not well next one

According to the Sheep shagging, Sister-fucking inbred Swansea fans I saw at Liverpool Street.. . Apparently they're "all 'avin a party... when Tottenham fuck it up!"

Fuck off home you inbred cunts.... and take your Sisters' hymen with you!!!

Good luck explaining how your kids' Dad is also their Uncle.....
cunts!

1) No one has said that
2) No one has said that
3) No one has said that
4) No one has said that
5) No one has said that
6) No one has said that
7) No one has said that
8) No one has said that

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip.

Yes.....yes they do

For someone who plays his "strawman" card 365 days a year, that is hilarious

:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom