Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This time last year PL points - 9. This year - 8 points. This time last year CL points - 0. CL points this year - 3.
Total cumulative points from games played this time last year - 9
Total cumulative points from games played same time this year - 11
Form of Sissoko improving.
Dele Alli has scored twice.
Kane is scoring again after quiet August, just like last year.
Aurier and Sanchez hitting the ground running. Squad otherwise strengthened. Janssen upgraded.
All while having to get used to a new ground.

But, accordingly to this thread:-

1) Wembley has cursed our season and we'll always be shit there.
2) We are incapable of having a better away record this year
3) Poch's tactics are shit
4) We are no better than under AVB
5) Dele Alli is total garbage and should be binned
6) We haven't signed the players we need
7) We're useless in midfield
8) Our season is basically fucked already and our form is terrible.

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip. We're only a month into the season for heaven's sake.
This is all true AND we played like total shit today.

You are taking valid criticisms of today's performance and acting like people are saying we will be relegated. Same thing that happened last year at Bournemouth. We can't just throw away points against teams battling relegation, which is what we did against Burnley and Swansea today.

We are competing for titles, cups, top 4, etc., and today doesn't change that. But if we can't figure out how to breakdown sides that played like Swansea today then we will be lucky to be in Europa next season, let alone the Champions League or competing for cups and titles.

Fucks sake.

1) No one has said that
2) No one has said that
3) No one has said that
4) No one has said that
5) No one has said that
6) No one has said that
7) No one has said that
8) No one has said that
So you never called for Alli to be benched, haven't been moaning about the Wembley hoodoo and haven't said this season is like our time under AVB. Nice set of lying. Unfortunately for you, it's all here in black and white.

So you never called for Alli to be benched, haven't been moaning about the Wembley hoodoo and haven't said this season is like our time under AVB. Nice set of lying. Unfortunately for you, it's all here in black and white.

I know what I said....but there is a difference with benching someone for shite form and calling them a garbage player and binning them altogether.

Also, when have I said we will always be shit a Wembley and its cursed?

This season like AVB? So Newcastle, Dortmund and Everton were last season then? Burnley and Swansea is two out of five games.

Try harder

This time last year PL points - 9. This year - 8 points. This time last year CL points - 0. CL points this year - 3.
Total cumulative points from games played this time last year - 9
Total cumulative points from games played same time this year - 11
Form of Sissoko improving.
Dele Alli has scored twice.
Kane is scoring again after quiet August, just like last year.
Aurier and Sanchez hitting the ground running. Squad otherwise strengthened. Janssen upgraded.
All while having to get used to a new ground.

But, accordingly to this thread:-

1) Wembley has cursed our season and we'll always be shit there.
2) We are incapable of having a better away record this year
3) Poch's tactics are shit
4) We are no better than under AVB
5) Dele Alli is total garbage and should be binned
6) We haven't signed the players we need
7) We're useless in midfield
8) Our season is basically fucked already and our form is terrible.

I mean jesus, people need to get a fucking grip. We're only a month into the season for heaven's sake.

The home games we've had this season feels very much like the AVB games.
Struggling to break teams down, Stupid mistakes, etc.
Frustrating.
I thought we were past that as a team but apparently not.

Not saying that we are no better now than the AVB teams. Thats ridiculous.

Alli was gash today and fuck knows what was going on with the selection/changes.

I just hope we sort it out quickly like we did last year.

Poor performance, yes Wembley is not great but what irritated me today was our slow ponderous play, only in the last 5 minutes did our players want to inject any urgency.

Too many sideways and backwards passing, our crossing into the box was woeful, either hitting the first defender or letting it sail past the far post. Our shooting was atrocious, for top professionals to not get their knee over the ball and not lean back was embarrassing.

I hate to dig players out but eriksen, delle, sisokko and Kane were not at the races today and Sanchez looked wobbly at the back.

Could not understand the subs either, son should have stayed on, he was the only one showing any invention even if was not coming off all the time.

Seems to me that Eriksen, Delle and Kane are untouchable with any changes, sorry but that needed to be changed today, none of them were good enough today.

I hate Wembley, the sooner we are back at WHL the better, but I thought the fans stuck with them today and Wembley is no excuse for poor technique and the inability to break a side down, we knew how Swansea would set up.

Our only hard luck was not getting one of four penalty decisions.

Anyway, beat Barnsley, get Davies and Dembele in for spam and go again.

You are taking valid criticisms of today's performance and acting like people are saying we will be relegated.

Exactly this...he's also claimed that Wembley isnt a problem while in the same post saying that the only problem with Wembley is that the players need to get used to it. And that we are playing no different to how we did at WHL

:pochfacepalm:

Seems to me that Eriksen, Delle and Kane are untouchable with any changes, sorry but that needed to be changed today, none of them were good enough today.

This is worrying.....seems like we got rid of Janssen to do the exact same thing to Llorente.

At least you knew Janssen was on the pitch though. We have a group of untochables, which is not a good thing in any way shape or form

Poor performance, yes Wembley is not great but what irritated me today was our slow ponderous play, only in the last 5 minutes did our players want to inject any urgency.

Too many sideways and backwards passing, our crossing into the box was woeful, either hitting the first defender or letting it sail past the far post. Our shooting was atrocious, for top professionals to not get their knee over the ball and not lean back was embarrassing.

I hate to dig players out but eriksen, delle, sisokko and Kane were not at the races today and Sanchez looked wobbly at the back.

Could not understand the subs either, son should have stayed on, he was the only one showing any invention even if was not coming off all the time.

I hate Wembley, the sooner we are back at WHL the better, but I thought the fans stuck with them today and Wembley is no excuse for poor technique and the inability to break a side down, we knew how Swansea would set up.

Our only hard luck was not getting one of four penalty decisions.

Anyway, beat Barnsley, get Davies and Dembele in for spam and go again.

I agree with the bulk of this other than the Sanchez part. He pretty much played one on one vs Abraham all match and Abraham did nothing all match.

Anyways, keen to move on. Hopefully Poch learns from this one.

This is worrying.....seems like we got rid of Janssen to do the exact same thing to Llorente.

At least you knew Janssen was on the pitch though. We have a group of untochables, which is not a good thing in any way shape or form

I do accept that Kane and Delle are relatively young and all players have off days but that's when the manager should step in and make a change.

We can't just throw away points against teams battling relegation, which is what we did against Burnley and Swansea today.
Burnley and Swansea are teams battled relegation? Since when? What the fucking hell are you on about? We dropped points against "lower" sides last season as well. Have people forgotten, for instance, West Ham away? West Brom? Bournemouth?

We are competing for titles, cups, top 4, etc., and today doesn't change that. But if we can't figure out how to breakdown sides that played like Swansea today then we will be lucky to be in Europa next season, let alone the Champions League or competing for cups and titles.

Fucks sake.
Our cumulative points total from this time last season has improved, not regressed. Anyone who was expecting us to spend a year away from home at a guest ground and win the title is deluded. This expectation level us utterly ridiculous. People are moaning because we may not be better than our best ever PL season during a year in a foreign stadium. Fuck's sake. Fuck's sake indeed. It's far too early in the season to decide we can't break teams down. If the season goes on and it remains a problem then fair enough. But you're talking about just two games where this has happened (and the Burnley game was totally different from this one, being a lazy concede goal, not breaking down a team who have parked the bus) - and frankly with us having to get used to Wembley it will be a good season if we get top four and we are no worse off form wise than any other year we have finished top four.

What I am asking for is rationality and perspective. But let's be honest, there are a lot of fans who expect us to push on from last year and rake in a load of trophies this year, whether they want to admit it or not, and are immediately crest fallen when we aren't demolishing teams every week.

I agree with the bulk of this other than the Sanchez part. He pretty much played one on one vs Abraham all match and Abraham did nothing all match.

Anyways, keen to move on. Hopefully Poch learns from this one.

I think Sanchez will be a great signing but he got away with a couple today, but he is settling in and is still raw to this league. I was more frustrated with our lack of execution in the final third

Something to note today.

Pressing the ball can sometimes be a bad thing. Swansea never got out of their half and so the game never became stretched. We kept them penned in, which can be a double edged sword - there's less room to score, but there's also no chance of them scoring.

In games likes like there really isn't any point pressing the ball to immediately win it back - you can't counter press if a team have 9 men behind the ball even when you win it back.

If the season goes on and it remains a problem then fair enough. But you're talking about just two games where this has happened

I cant stand this ridiculous notion that people have to wait another ten weeks before they decide whether we were shit today......if we turn into Spurs 61 between now and Christmas, Dele was still shit today. We were still drab and lack lustre today.

Next week or last season has fuck all bearing on todays game....and its TODAY that people are pissed off. Its not rocket science.

Burnley and Swansea are teams battled relegation? Since when? What the fucking hell are you on about? We dropped points against "lower" sides last season as well. Have people forgotten, for instance, West Ham away? West Brom? Bournemouth?

Our cumulative points total from this time last season has improved, not regressed. Anyone who was expecting us to spend a year away from home at a guest ground and win the title is deluded. This expectation level us utterly ridiculous. People are moaning because we may not be better than our best ever PL season during a year in a foreign stadium. Fuck's sake. Fuck's sake indeed. It's far too early in the season to decide we can't break teams down. If the season goes on and it remains a problem then fair enough. But you're talking about just two games where this has happened (and the Burnley game was totally different from this one, being a lazy concede goal, not breaking down a team who have parked the bus) - and frankly with us having to get used to Wembley it will be a good season if we get top four and we are no worse off form wise than any other year we have finished top four.

What I am asking for is rationality and perspective. But let's be honest, there are a lot of fans who expect us to push on from last year and rake in a load of trophies this year, whether they want to admit it or not, and are immediately crest fallen when we aren't demolishing teams every week.

I do agree, it was not so much the result today but the below par performance of over half the team that irked me.

Let's hope for some success in the cups, we knew this season would a tough one

Back
Top Bottom