Do you give Guardiola credit for what he's acheived so far ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He inherited a team of excellence due to 15 years of Madrid dominating the transfer market and has been groomed specifically to manage Madrid he's another one I struggle to place.
Managing a team full of ego's and stars can be quite difficult, ask almost every Real coach that came after Del Bosque's fantastic galacticos and they'll tell you how hard it actually is.

Managing a team full of ego's and stars can be quite difficult, ask almost every Real coach that came after Del Bosque's fantastic galacticos and they'll tell you how hard it actually is.

I do agree with that and I can't really knock Zidane he's done a good job but like Guardiola at Barca is a good fit at a good time and at this point I feel he could easily be the new Frank Rijkaard and it will all fall apart when he steps off of easy street.

I do agree with that and I can't really knock Zidane he's done a good job but like Guardiola at Barca is a good fit at a good time and at this point I feel he could easily be the new Frank Rijkaard and it will all fall apart when he steps off of easy street.
agreed, the future will tell if he's a decent or a great coach. On Guardiola, yes he takes the easy option of building teams with expensive top players that fit his mould, yes he inherits already very good teams but that being said he does play some fantastic stuff with those teams. Other top coaches that followed similar tracks have made a lot safer choices and played a more tactical reactive game, Jose being the one that springs to mind the most. Can he make it at Charlton, probably not, but then again i think a lot of low level coaches would never cut it at City either. It takes a special type of person to cope with the pressure and to command respect and obedience from a team of prima donna ballers. Even if his top players are all pretty easy to manage (apart from Aguero and Toure maybe), the others are all hardworking (Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, etc) easygoing characters. No zlatans in his team

I'm pretty underwhelmed so far. If it were a level playing field and all the PL had a budget of half a billion - do you honestly think some other managers wouldn't have done better? Even the overrated Mankini won the PL with City.

They are just one injury from having no DM cover for a Central defence that is not great (Fernandinho). If he gets crocked, they are fecked. And that is shocking management. Dereliction of duty. Sackable offence imo. And then there was the cock up with the keepers.

Anyone can set up a team to attack like crazy, even that buffoon at the Dippers.

Jury Out, that's all you can say. He may yet turn out to be the dogs nuts at Citeh, but with the money he spent last season he should have competed for the title, possibly won it. Didn't come close.

Would he have got B'mouth from Div 4 to 9th in the PL on crowds of 11,000?
Would he have got Brentford within an ace of double promotion to the PL on crowds of I dunno?
Would he have got Leicester to the PL title?
And got us to compete that same season?
Could he have kept Palace up last season?
Could he keep them up this one?
Could he keep Burnley up?
Would he have done as well as Silva at Hull, and almost kept them up?
Could he have resurrected us at 2 pts from 8?

Will never know of course, but imo it's no to all of them.

mourinho is better
Better at what.
Spending shit loads of money as well.
Alienating skillful players, Ronaldo, Hazzard etc.
Developing young talent.
Hanging young players out to dry in public.
Blaming everyone bar himself.
Sending teams out to play some of the worst football that you're likely to see.
Being a Grade A cunt.

If Guardiola deserves no credit then fuck knows how Mourinho does, he's hardly operating at the bargain basement level of football.
But he's a winner so forget all of the above.

Better at what.
Spending shit loads of money as well.
Alienating skillful players, Ronaldo, Hazzard etc.
Developing young talent.
Hanging young players out to dry in public.
Blaming everyone bar himself.
Sending teams out to play some of the worst football that you're likely to see.
Being a Grade A cunt.

If Guardiola deserves no credit then fuck knows how Mourinho does, he's hardly operating at the bargain basement level of football.
But he's a winner so forget all of the above.
I will never forget what he done at Porto mate. I'm biased but I don't care.

I will never forget what he done at Porto mate. I'm biased but I don't care.
I respect that, i went to see Porto during your wonder year - Dragao is such a cool place but i had to fly over twice as my first time that i was in Porto you guys had some issues with the pitch if i remember correctly end ended up going to see Braga instead :)

But i don't respect Mourinho, i hate the way he plays football, i hate the fact that he gives an excuse to all other managers to apply the same tactics.

White Van Jan White Van Jan every buffoon can, but very rarely people do it as the fear of losing is a lot bigger than the will to win. Very few coaches have struck the right balance though, and i like to think our holy Poch has found that exact balance. I prefer a crazy attacking team over a defensive one in almost every case, except maybe the ultimate football hipster defence that Italy had with Cannavaro, Maldini and Nesta

I respect that, i went to see Porto during your wonder year - Dragao is such a cool place but i had to fly over twice as my first time that i was in Porto you guys had some issues with the pitch if i remember correctly end ended up going to see Braga instead :)

But i don't respect Mourinho, i hate the way he plays football, i hate the fact that he gives an excuse to all other managers to apply the same tactics.

White Van Jan White Van Jan every buffoon can, but very rarely people do it as the fear of losing is a lot bigger than the will to win. Very few coaches have struck the right balance though, and i like to think our holy Poch has found that exact balance. I prefer a crazy attacking team over a defensive one in almost every case, except maybe the ultimate football hipster defence that Italy had with Cannavaro, Maldini and Nesta
Its indeed a beautiful place. I have a season ticket so a go there 2/3 times a month but never get tired.

2007/08 season, Barcelona finished at 4th place in the league. Year later, Guardiola came, they won 6 trophies in one year. Just saying.

Messi turned 21 that summer. Quite handy to have a genius like him. Pep has profited big time on having those amazing players at Barca and at Bayern too. At City he had a lot of very good and expensive players, now he has added a great amount of more of the kind.

I think I could have done a decent job with the players and possibilities he has had.

Back
Top Bottom