Do you give Guardiola credit for what he's acheived so far ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where were these amazing players in seasons before him? It's not like Xavi was 20 when Guardiola came to Barca.
I think he has done amazing job with Barcelona (10/10). At Bayern he was good - solid (7/10), and now at City we will see. For now he's average in EPL.

Where were these amazing players in seasons before him? It's not like Xavi was 20 when Guardiola came to Barca.
I think he has done amazing job with Barcelona (10/10). At Bayern he was good - solid (7/10), and now at City we will see. For now he's average in EPL.

Xavi was at Barcelona performing like one of the best in the world long before Josep Guardiola rocked up.

Maybe my opinion won't be popular among Spurs fans but I think he's one of the most innovative managers in the modern era and probably one of the better one too. Sure, it shouldn't be too hard to do well at clubs like Barcelona and Bayern or even Man City with their oil rigged budget, but let's take a closer look at what he did, for example, compared to our Poch, he walked in some clubs that demanded instant results and trophies. We actually gave Pochettino time to build the team around and he's done an amazing job, while at big clubs like Barcelona and Bayern, you don't have that time to do that. So of course he's gonna use multi millions budget to sign players, who wouldn't do that really? He needs specific players for his systems and at City he had an ageing squad that couldn't press high up the pitch. I'm not defending this policy of racking players from other clubs just because you have money, but yeah, he probably wasn't given time to promote youngsters and bring them through.

No.
Pellegrini spent half a season much in his first season and won a title.
Pep has gone out and bought all the best full backs this season.

Probably paying them all over £100k a week.
It’s just buy until you get it right.
Their wage bill must be insane.

He has more chance of winning the CL with City than he did Bayern Munich.
He’s probably spent more at City in one season than he had at Barca.
He bought players like
Fabregas
Pique
Sanchez
Adriano
Zlatan
Thiago
Mascherano
Alves
Villa
Hleb
Off my head

Last edited:
No, how could I when he can just watch the players doing well for other clubs and go and buy them and hope it works? Plus, I detest this bullshit we see every summer and in the first couple of months of the season where the City or another big club get crowned champions. They haven't played us yet. There's lots of the season to go.

Maybe my opinion won't be popular among Spurs fans but I think he's one of the most innovative managers in the modern era and probably one of the better one too. Sure, it shouldn't be too hard to do well at clubs like Barcelona and Bayern or even Man City with their oil rigged budget, but let's take a closer look at what he did, for example, compared to our Poch, he walked in some clubs that demanded instant results and trophies. We actually gave Pochettino time to build the team around and he's done an amazing job, while at big clubs like Barcelona and Bayern, you don't have that time to do that. So of course he's gonna use multi millions budget to sign players, who wouldn't do that really? He needs specific players for his systems and at City he had an ageing squad that couldn't press high up the pitch. I'm not defending this policy of racking players from other clubs just because you have money, but yeah, he probably wasn't given time to promote youngsters and bring them through.
I'm not knocking Pep but I'm sure that Poch with a billion dollar budget would have done just fine as well

I'm not knocking Pep but I'm sure that Poch with a billion dollar budget would have done just fine as well

I don't believe that's true. There are managers who are capable of winning trophies and there are those who aren't and Poch will always be one of the nearly men. I'm not saying he's a bad manager and there are plenty of other managers who can build a great team but don't have the extra edge to make them winners.

I've mentioned this before but our last two trophy-winning managers had joined us in the November and won their trophies without even completing a full season with us. They had trophy-winning pedigree and did it on instinct while other managers spent years building teams and bottled it when it came to the crunch. Poch isn't a winner. Simple as that.

When I look at him I see a brittle but talented man who is full of ideas. He's Steve Jobs a footballing innovator and micro manager of the highest order. However these blokes burn bright but short. I think he will exhaust those around him and his projects are unsustainable without huge resources. I think with what he has had at City he is only even. I think with the backing he has had more should be expected. I tell you what they wont win the ECL this season either.

Back
Top Bottom