Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko is far from infallible but I'm sick to death of people jumping on the fact he miscontrolled a ball, and saying nothing when Sanchez and Lloris combine to concede a goal from fuck all.

People seem to be patting themselves on the back because they worked out all by themselves that our back up is not as good as our first choice.

FUCKING WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!

Fucking place is crawling with Steven Hawking type genius fucks isn't it.

Bravo....you all saw that Wanyama is better than Sissoko.

Now in you own words "WE GET IT!!! Whh do you have to say it 50 times a day!!!!!!"

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Proper melted

Rattled, cunto - nice and proper. Hope your meltdown this time lasts at least 6 months.
I'm happy as Larry mate it was a good day and a great Christmas on and off the pitch for me.

You've been trying to start internet fights since Christmas Eve.

I think your work here is done. Go watch some Val Doonican and chill the fuck out

Not saying he’s the reason we didn’t win tonight but what did he really contribute? Not looking to argue with any sissoko lovers, but what’s your opinions?

I can’t see him staying here for much longer, he just seems so awkward on the ball.

I want every player to succeed who plays for us but I just can’t see it happening with him.

:pochfacepalm:

Not saying he’s the reason we didn’t win tonight but what did he really contribute? Not looking to argue with any sissoko lovers, but what’s your opinions?

I can’t see him staying here for much longer, he just seems so awkward on the ball.

I want every player to succeed who plays for us but I just can’t see it happening with him.

:pochfacepalm:

He was the link between Aurier getting from defence to attack, and just there to lay it off to Eriksen. Didn't do much, but didn't do much wrong either.

The mistakes were made up top....that's why we scored one goal from 30 shots

Said it in the OMT - but he probably should be converted into quite simply a HOLDING midfielder.

Don't cross the half way line. Win the ball back with his power and pass it to a better play instantly. His defensive work is his strongest point and he would do a very good job of covering right back when Aurier bombs forward etc.

Thing is, Dier and Wanyama are ahead of him. So unless you play Dier at centre half and Wanyama is being rested, he really shouldn't play.

I still think he's harshly criticised. He has a strange style so when he misplaces a pass, technically it looks poor - but really he misplaces the ball no more of then the likes of Dier, it's just Dier in a strange way looks better doing it - as well as being a fan favourite of course.

So you would rather play Sissoko over Winks, Dier and Dembele? Cmon be real

I think if he's playing well he should be.

Do I think Sissoko is a better footballer than them? No. He's obviously the weakest of the four ability wise. But statistically (though stats aren't everything), he's been better then all of our other central midfield choices. He wasn't good today and I've already said he was poor but the backlash he gets after such a performance is just ridiculous. He didn't cost us a goal, completed 86% of his passes (Which was more than Alli, Eriksen, Kane, Davies, Aurier and the same amount as Vertonghen), yet people will scrutinise him for one moment in the first half where he misplaced a pass to Aurier on the wing.

Not being 'down' on Sissoko, but I'm genuinely surprised Winks didn't start tonight after he didn't play the other night... especially after he did so well against them on his full debut last season... kinda woulda made sense to at least try and repeat the trick!

As it was, Dier/Sissoko just wasn't the type of CM pairing we needed tonight, and one I imagine many would have thought Poch would save for Saturday... as it was, I think we all saw that Sissoko's days are probably limited at Spurs... and if Wanyama & Demeble can return soon, and prove full fitness, I imagine Sissoko won't last January...

Shame, 'cos against us for Newcastle a few seasons ago... he looked a fucking World beater...
then again, so did Ruel Fox for Newcastle against us... and look how that turned out!

Apart from one horrendous misplaced pass I thought he was ok

It was just one of them nights

Last edited:
I think if he's playing well he should be.

Do I think Sissoko is a better footballer than them? No. He's obviously the weakest of the four ability wise. But statistically (though stats aren't everything), he's been better then all of our other central midfield choices. He wasn't good today and I've already said he was poor but the backlash he gets after such a performance is just ridiculous. He didn't cost us a goal, completed 86% of his passes (Which was more than Alli, Eriksen, Kane, Davies, Aurier and the same amount as Vertonghen), yet people will scrutinise him for one moment in the first half where he misplaced a pass to Aurier on the wing.
Winks is young and out with a what I believe is a knock, Dier looks exhausted from playing almost every game and Dembele is getting on a little now but is still a great player.
I just can't see any excuses with Sissoko he plays ok-ish once in a while and all is forgiven

Winks is young and out with a what I believe is a knock, Dier looks exhausted from playing almost every game and Dembele is getting on a little now but is still a great player.
I just can't see any excuses with Sissoko he plays ok-ish once in a while and all is forgiven

But it's not that.

Winks is exempt from criticism because he's a Spurs academy player, plays simple passes and keeps possession. Dembele is exempt from criticism because he drops the shoulder, dribbles very well and people who play against him in training say he's the best player in the team. Dier does get his criticism to be fair but none on the same level as Sissoko (despite at times playing no better than Sissoko, just looks better aesthetically on the ball).

Wanyama is the only central midfielder who should be a guaranteed starter when he's fully fit because he's the only consistent player over the course of the last year. Then Pochettino should be deciding based on our opponents who he feels would work best alongside him. Whether we need Dier alongside him to maybe have a bit of steel in midfield, Dembele to counter an opponents press or Winks because quick incisive passing will open a team up.

Sissoko/Dier were VERY good for example against Burnley the other week. 3-0 win and both complimented eachother very well, today? Didn't work as well. Maybe it was just one of those games?

Your putting words into peoples mouths there a little with the first paragraph how do you know no one criticises Winks or Dembele? I've seen people criticize Winks for not playing the ball forwards quite often.

What it comes down to in the end is wouldn't you rather someone else come in and play for us on the wages he's on if we can go for players like Goretzka , Mahrez and Meyer then we should. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to settle for average players when you splash 30 million for them.

Lol 'Sissoko lovers'. I don't love him, in fact I think he's pretty fucking shite, but that doesn't stop me from supporting him as long as he plays for Spurs and tries his best. It's a natural response when I see idiots scapegoat him for every negative result.

Back
Top Bottom