Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif
hey nice attempt at trying to be reasonable.

makes you wonder why the pervasive insult throwing and drawn out bitch fests go on - given your snarky and abusive manner.

See Pipes comment above

PS - I said no-one gets a kick out of this, but I think that's not true. I think you love all this mud slinging, bitterness and rancour. I detest the way posters use the troll and WUM accusation to anyone with a contrary opinion to their own, but it really is difficult to see past your determination to wind up the anger and dissention on here.

Last edited:
we Have different opinions on a player Sammy. Why is that such a problem for you? Do you need to have conflict in your life?

How did you feel about my different opinion that Dele needed benching earlier in the season?
Oh yeah thats right you thought I was a cunt.

You, Mick etc you're all the same......"awww its just my opinion" but happy to slag off others for theirs

How did you feel about my different opinion that Dele needed benching earlier in the season?

You, Mick etc you're all the same......"awww its just my opinion" but happy to slag off others for theirs
Out of interest, what was your opinion on Dele, mate? Dont recall seeing anything

I'm trying to be patient with Moussa, but it is difficult to see what he adds to the team. Personally I wouldn't start him as a first choice but ok as a squad player. By the end of the season, he may have turned it around but if someone is daft enough to give us our money back, I would take it.

I'm trying to be patient with Moussa, but it is difficult to see what he adds to the team. Personally I wouldn't start him as a first choice but ok as a squad player. By the end of the season, he may have turned it around but if someone is daft enough to give us our money back, I would take it.
Maybe a right back might work? Or one of 3 at the back?

And thats the difference between someone who doesnt rate him, or think he should be in the team, but doesnt feel the need to abuse the player.

Mick, when you say "we", you are not in this category, just so you know

I didn’t think you were a cunt for your opinion. I thought you were a cunt because of the number of times you felt the need to say it and your “na na na told you so” when he was benched.

I don’t think that badly on most opinions, within reason, it’s personalities I don’t like and you can be very abrasive and argumentative for the sake of it.

Your post is missing something........something about Sissoko. How surprising.
nothing to do with you constantly misrepresenting everything I have said about him, and then slagging me off for the fact that I have a differing opinion (to yours)- in what I can only assume is your method of obfuscating your abuse of Alli when his form dropped below the level he has reached in the past.

And thats the basis of most of what people like me don't get. We all know what Alli can do, because we have seen him do it, so we know its a dip in form.
All we have seen of your hero is a level of performance that varies, but has NEVER reached a level that will engender the backing Alli got in that period earlier in the season.
That was where you said he was shit - which was the sole cause of my complaint about your comments.

I guess you just don't have the ability to articulate shades of performance and you just have black and white, a 1 or a 0, great - or Shit.

I'm still on about this to defend the way you constantly twist my comments and abuse me for it, I have no issues whatsoever about standing up for what I believe.

and yet I can have perfectly cordial discussions with other posters who like what the guy brings to the club.

but not you.

Last edited:
Maybe a right back might work? Or one of 3 at the back?
I suggested that before, because he would be excellent at patrolling the RHS of the pitch, and he's such a physical presence, but has a great turn of speed.
The negative is that we also want our FB's to be great wingers as well (poor old Ben Davis who is an out and out FB and utility central defender, can't cross and gets roasted for it
Sissoko has never demonstrated an ability to cross or pass, so he would be in for the same tarring in that position I guess. Aurier isn't all that hot at crossing, but he can do it on the run and has great ball control, so I don't see him being pushed aside either.

I suggested that before, because he would be excellent at patrolling the RHS of the pitch, and he's such a physical presence, but has a great turn of speed.
The negative is that we also want our FB's to be great wingers as well (poor old Ben Davis who is an out and out FB and utility central defender, can't cross and gets roasted for it
Sissoko has never demonstrated an ability to cross or pass, so he would be in for the same tarring in that position I guess. Aurier isn't all that hot at crossing, but he can do it on the run and has great ball control, so I don't see him being pushed aside either.

All good points...I guess his crossing could be worked on...it seems he has the other attributes already....might email Poch...assuming he's not reading my posts! Lol

nothing to do with you constantly misrepresenting everything I have said about him, and then slagging me off for the fact that I have a differing opinion (to yours)- in what I can only assume is your method of obfuscating your abuse of Alli when his form dropped below the level he has reached in the past.

And thats the basis of most of what people like me don't get. We all know what Alli can do, because we have seen him do it, so we know its a dip in form.
All we have seen of your hero is a level of performance that varies, but has NEVER reached a level that will engender the backing Alli got in that period earlier in the season.
That was where you said he was shit - which was the sole cause of my complaint about your comments.

I guess you just don't have the ability to articulate shades of performance and you just have black and white, a 1 or a 0, great - or Shit.

I'm still on about this to defend the way you constantly twist my comments and abuse me for it, I have no issues whatsoever about standing up for what I believe.

and yet I can have perfectly cordial discussions with other posters who like what the guy brings to the club.

but not you.

Show me the post where I called Dele a shit player.

You fucking lying cunt. Get fucked Mick you tragic moron.

How's that for abuse, like I give two shits about being polite to some cunt on the internet

Watched the video and Sissoko does have some good points but we do not see them enough. Cannot recall any forward runs on Thursday but some very boring pass backs. Whilst not suggesting players read our forum, I expect the comments are replicated elsewhere including Twitter and it must be hard on the players reading it. Do they take the easy option of a simple pass rather than risk a more risky pass and get criticised. Kane can shoot from outside the box and even if it ends in row Z, it is overlooked because we know he can score from those positions. However if Sissoko did that he would be criticised and told he should have passed. The problem with this is if he does not try more difficult passes then he cannot really fulfill his potential.
When at Newcastle as I understand it the fans felt he did not try rather than had no skill. At Spurs I feel he is trying but lacks skill. Is it lack of confidence to try the more difficult. Should he try and take players on more? I think he should as long as in the opponents half. He will create space and draw players to him allowing others to benefit. Yes he will lose the ball but it only has to work once to create a goal scoring opportunity.

Thought I’d have another look at his performance against West Ham by digging into some of the stats that were being thrown about the match thread.

Claim - he made one misplaced pass.
Reality - he made 49 from 57, so 8 misplaced.

Claim - he played central midfield.
Reality - his heatmap suggests he spent the vast majority off the match on the half way line, in a 5 yard square box on the right touchline. Standing in the way of Aurier.

Claim - he was playing deeper than Dier.
Reality - back to the heatmap and he didn’t. Dier spent the whole match in the centre circle.

Claim - he made key tackles.
Reality - one tackle.

Claim - he played well and was one of our better players.
Reality - based on WhoScored ratings he was slightly ahead of Hugo, who didn’t hardly touch the ball and as poor as Wanyama, who only played 17 minutes. Llorente even scored higher in his 9 minutes. Every other player scored higher.

I know we shouldn’t judge on stats alone, but in addition to what I saw with my own eyes.....

I honestly just can’t see what defenders of him on here see in him. I seriously don’t see what Poch sees in him. He must be tremendous in training or the others in our squad must be god awful.
First off Whoscored ratings are based 100% off stats, it’s a stats based model, so don’t understand the logic of using it when trying to undermine the stats used by others.

Standing on the half way line categorically proves he was playing as a holding midfielder, just like Dier’s heat map you mention but we all know Diers’s position, ask yourself why his heat map is where it is and the answer is he played as a DM, covering Autier allowing Autier to push on without the space vacated to be exploited as they did when we played them a year earlier with Walker!!! When playing against a side sat on their penalty area all game where exactly are you expecting the average position of a DM position to be??? Check the heat maps of Sanchez and Vertonghen, think you’ Find theirs would be on the halfway line too given the entire game was play in the oppo half.

He wasn’t standing in the way of Aurier, the commonly held view is that Aurier was our best player on the night, how did he manage that with Sissoko “standing in his way”. It has also been noted by many others based on many other games that he appears to link up well with Auier, again something he did well that night. The hestmap you mention also proves he was covering Aurier, something that I, a defender of his in this game, mentioned a few times in post match comments as to describe the position and role he was asked to play.

Compare is passing stats to Dier who also played as a DM.

Absolutely NO-ONE has claimed he was one of our best players. The defense of him has come from those re-acting to him being the only player being called out, when there where others, Dier, who were worse on the night. Those defending him said he was playing DM, as your post clearly shows, with your heat map findings, the relevance of this was he played this role, the same as Winks does, Dier does, which largely means the recycling the ball (sideways passes, short passes) the VERY thing he was being slated for.

For the 100th time, HE’s NOT A GREAT PLAYER, but judge his individual performances based on the possition he’s ask to play and the level of slating he gets is totally unwarranted. It proves people A) scapegoat b) find it hard to analyze a game (this isn’t meant as a personal dig to anyone), vast majority of footballgoers don't analyze the game but infuriatingly attempt to and get it spectacularly wrong as in this case. Football still involves opinions which can be debated, but let’s get the basic fundamentals right first and foremost, HE WAS PLAYING AS A HOLDING MIDFIELDER and his performance in this game should be judged in this context alone.

First off Whoscored ratings are based 100% off stats, it’s a stats based model, so don’t understand the logic of using it when trying to undermine the stats used by others.

Standing on the half way line categorically proves he was playing as a holding midfielder, just like Dier’s heat map you mention but we all know Diers’s position, ask yourself why his heat map is where it is and the answer is he played as a DM, covering Autier allowing Autier to push on without the space vacated to be exploited as they did when we played them a year earlier with Walker!!! When playing against a side sat on their penalty area all game where exactly are you expecting the average position of a DM position to be??? Check the heat maps of Sanchez and Vertonghen, think you’ Find theirs would be on the halfway line too given the entire game was play in the oppo half.

He wasn’t standing in the way of Aurier, the commonly held view is that Aurier was our best player on the night, how did he manage that with Sissoko “standing in his way”. It has also been noted by many others based on many other games that he appears to link up well with Auier, again something he did well that night. The hestmap you mention also proves he was covering Aurier, something that I, a defender of his in this game, mentioned a few times in post match comments as to describe the position and role he was asked to play.

Compare is passing stats to Dier who also played as a DM.

Absolutely NO-ONE has claimed he was one of our best players. The defense of him has come from those re-acting to him being the only player being called out, when there where others, Dier, who were worse on the night. Those defending him said he was playing DM, as your post clearly shows, with your heat map findings, the relevance of this was he played this role, the same as Winks does, Dier does, which largely means the recycling the ball (sideways passes, short passes) the VERY thing he was being slated for.

For the 100th time, HE’s NOT A GREAT PLAYER, but judge his individual performances based on the possition he’s ask to play and the level of slating he gets is totally unwarranted. It proves people A) scapegoat b) find it hard to analyze a game (this isn’t meant as a personal dig to anyone), vast majority of footballgoers don't analyze the game but infuriatingly attempt to and get it spectacularly wrong as in this case. Football still involves opinions which can be debated, but let’s get the basic fundamentals right first and foremost, HE WAS PLAYING AS A HOLDING MIDFIELDER and his performance in this game should be judged in this context alone.
Did I mention “defensive midfielder” or “holding midfielder” even once in my post? I saw posts refer to him playing centrally and disputed that. I’m very aware what role he was playing AS I SAW IT WITH MY EYES and he wasn’t very good at it. Hmmmm, posting in caps does make me feel like I’m correct and that my opinion matters more. I see why people do it now.....

I only looked at the stats to see if I’d missed something glaring as I’m shocked that a few people on here can have such differing opinions on a performance. One mans gold is another mans trash I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom