Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon he should pay right back. Speed power, can tackle and go up and down the line all day long.
That would also work with some tinkering.

He has his strengths like all players. But since he is billed as a attacking midfielder mainly that is always what he is going to be judged on

I’m not going to mince my words on this.

He’s shit.

He’s been so shit that it’s got to a point where if he manages to come out onto the pitch with his boots on the right feet and his shirt the right way round its praiseworthy.

As with every player I’ll hope he plays well when he’s selected (which is way too often) but I want him gone at the first opportunity.

I've been speaking to a number of mates on the matter, and the general consensus is he would not even get into one of our 5-a-side teams. He can only run in straight lines - and has no idea how to turn with the ball - and invariably will lose it. It's pretty much like someone that has only just started to play Sensible Soccer (google it for you youngsters), and does not realise that unlike FIFA...etc, the ball is not glued to your foot when you turn.

It's not his fault....he's simply not a good footballer. End of.

LoL are all the posters here trolls?

Yesterday was a shit performance .... BUT .... out of the ten outfield players Sissoko rated second highest 7.1 with both OPTA and Sqwaka .... still not great but there's another eight players you should be trolling before you blame the big guy .... Son 6.1 and Dele 6.4 both had they're lowest ratings of the EPL season ... how about trolling them?

Yesterday was a shit performance .... BUT .... out of the ten outfield players Sissoko rated second highest 7.1 with both OPTA and Sqwaka .... still not great but there's another eight players you should be trolling before you blame the big guy .... Son 6.1 and Dele 6.4 both had they're lowest ratings of the EPL season ... how about trolling them?
Because people choose their scapegoat and set their agenda. Maybe they should direct their anger at the manager for picking the guy if they think he's so utterly useless.....?

overall. I have to say it’s time to get off the guys back. He’s being subjected to idiotic hyperbole far too often. Not good enough for a 5 a Side team ? Seriously. How is that credible.

He’s a better player than all of us who post - he’s a better player than pretty much anyone we even know. Shit he’s a better player than 90% of the Premier League !

Ok he’s not Bale, he’s not even Dembélé. But Christ get off the guys back. He’s breaking a sweat for us week in and week out this season.

if we need to make a direct comparison look at Dier yesterday, was he really so much better / worse - so why the hate ?

Because some bitter Geordie fans dug him out and he cost a lot of money does not make him shit. Anymore than he’s Maradonna. Time to leave the guy alone

overall. I have to say it’s time to get off the guys back. He’s being subjected to idiotic hyperbole far too often. Not good enough for a 5 a Side team ? Seriously. How is that credible.

He’s a better player than all of us who post - he’s a better player than pretty much anyone we even know. Shit he’s a better player than 90% of the Premier League !

Ok he’s not Bale, he’s not even Dembélé. But Christ get off the guys back. He’s breaking a sweat for us week in and week out this season.

if we need to make a direct comparison look at Dier yesterday, was he really so much better / worse - so why the hate ?

Because some bitter Geordie fans dug him out and he cost a lot of money does not make him shit. Anymore than he’s Maradonna. Time to leave the guy alone
While I don't agree that he is better than 90% of the PL I agree with your post as a whole. The guy gets way more flack than he deserves and is often our scapegoat for bad games this season. There are both better and worse players than Moussa Sissoko out there.

I guess people need a scapegoat, and it is easier to lay the blame on one of the worse players in the side than to lay it on one of the front men.

A couple of years ago it was Paulinho, it was Rose for a while, it was Pav for a while and it was Vlad for a while.

sadly when the collective are off individual weaknesses are highlighted. If for instance we had one clear opportunity a match that Harry missed we would start to question him. I'm not comparing Sissoko to Kane but using it as an example. I understand his strengths but his weaknesses outweigh them ten fold... maybe injuries have secured his place? I don't know but I would prefer to see him moved on for both his, the clubs and the fans sake.

sadly when the collective are off individual weaknesses are highlighted. If for instance we had one clear opportunity a match that Harry missed we would start to question him. I'm not comparing Sissoko to Kane but using it as an example. I understand his strengths but his weaknesses outweigh them ten fold... maybe injuries have secured his place? I don't know but I would prefer to see him moved on for both his, the clubs and the fans sake.
You nailed it with the injuries point. Sissoko is one of 2 central midfielders (not counting the attacking ones like Dele and Eriksen) who have been 100% fit all season. So of course he has had to step in a lot since Dembéle and Winks have battled niggling injuries and Wanyama was out for most of the fall. If all of those guys were 100% fit Sissoko would most likely be a bench player with a set position to play at which would probably mean that he would be able to focus on that one role for when he does come on. But as is he has had to basically rotate all around our midfield to fill whatever hole has needed filling.

You nailed it with the injuries point. Sissoko is one of 2 central midfielders (not counting the attacking ones like Dele and Eriksen) who have been 100% fit all season. So of course he has had to step in a lot since Dembéle and Winks have battled niggling injuries and Wanyama was out for most of the fall. If all of those guys were 100% fit Sissoko would most likely be a bench player with a set position to play at which would probably mean that he would be able to focus on that one role for when he does come on. But as is he has had to basically rotate all around our midfield to fill whatever hole has needed filling.

I believe versatility is his biggest strength which at times is very handy. He is strong and can sure up the defence and cause a nightmare for the opposition when breaking. The problem is his control, passing and shooting is woeful and the most frustrating part of his game.

Late on you don't get many chances against a stretched opposition however these are golden chances where we've seriously punished teams in the past but with Sissoko as part of the transition it often breaks down.

Yesterday others were at fault also and seemed to get the ball caught up in their feet (expect pitch played a big part).

I believe versatility is his biggest strength which at times is very handy. He is strong and can sure up the defence and cause a nightmare for the opposition when breaking. The problem is his control, passing and shooting is woeful and the most frustrating part of his game.

Late on you don't get many chances against a stretched opposition however these are golden chances where we've seriously punished teams in the past but with Sissoko as part of the transition it often breaks down.

Yesterday others were at fault also and seemed to get the ball caught up in their feet (expect pitch played a big part).
I said it earlier on here. But I think he should have been converted to a pure sweeper DM earlier. Sissoko has decent defensive play and covers for our rightbacks a lot. He's also big and strong and breaks up play for the oppo a lot. And with his speed he could be an important defensive tool (already is, just look at his runs to stop Bertrand and Tadic yesterday).

It's never too late and he is only 28, so he has a good 5 or so years left as a pro unless he suffers a bad injury. But that is a conversion that should have happened much earlier IMO to get the best out of him.

Let's fucking stop scapegoating this guy maybe? I wanted him gone in the summer too. He isn't the best passer on the ball.

Yesterday he did well. Helped out on Aurier's side on several occasions, dropped deep to help the completely useless midfield pivot yesterday and put in a shift going forward. Now lets not focus on his price tag - he has become a valueable squad player, as Dembele and Winks seem to get injured every second game this season.

I said it earlier on here. But I think he should have been converted to a pure sweeper DM earlier. Sissoko has decent defensive play and covers for our rightbacks a lot. He's also big and strong and breaks up play for the oppo a lot. And with his speed he could be an important defensive tool (already is, just look at his runs to stop Bertrand and Tadic yesterday).

It's never too late and he is only 28, so he has a good 5 or so years left as a pro unless he suffers a bad injury. But that is a conversion that should have happened much earlier IMO to get the best out of him.
I actually disagree as the sweeper DM role these days needs good ball control, good positional awareness and the ability to spot a measured safe pass. Defensive wise he's good for that position but i'm afraid that he's a liability under pressure. If the DM loses the ball that means the oppo will come running at the CB. I prefer a DM with better feet and awareness

Except those other 8 players have actually had more than one decent game for Spurs in their careers.
Sissoko hasn't. He's been very poor since we signed him. Being one of the least shit players in a particular game still mean's your shit.

He's now played around games for Spurs. In how many of those matches can you say - "wow, Sissoko really impressed me today"?

Because people choose their scapegoat and set their agenda. Maybe they should direct their anger at the manager for picking the guy if they think he's so utterly useless.....?

Our 'support' at games is becoming so tedious - just thousands of people slagging off Sissoko for absolutely everything.

People yesterday weren't even following Poch's tactical changes and kept on having a go at him for not being on the right wing in the second half - despite the fact he'd clearly been asked to play in centre midfield.

Then everyone boos every sub that doesn't involve him leaving the pitch, without ever taking into account that perhaps we are going to need players like Son and Dembele for United, Scum, Juve, Liverpool, etc so running them into the ground isn't the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom