Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we're playing Newport not Barcelona
Yeah but we have big fixtures coming up. These 3 are the best we had to stand up to the physical side when rotating.
Seeing as we don’t have any other options in CM and one of these 3 will also be playing on Wednesday.
Haven’t heard anyone moan when we play Dembele, Dier Wanyama Sissoko combinations in CM any other time.
Winks is a predominately a DM too.
It’s all we have. A centra midfield full of defensively minded players who get a nose bleed in the box.
I suppose you can count Sissoko out of that, as he actually gets into the box more than any of them, including winks, but like most of them cannot score.

That was shit. All the credit goes to Newport, they were excellent in the 1st half and dogged in the 2nd. See them at Wembley!

Not going to slag off any players but just mention two. Foyth grew into it and has enormous potential. Son was great when he came on.

We move on.

I feel this is more a lateral move

They're treating it like a win (and justifiably so)
we're treating it like a defeat (and deservedly so)

...Radio 5 Live JOYOUSLY pointing out our shortcomings, (and rightly so)

Losing the league to Leicester was bad enough... but surely we've learned from those mistakes...
As the old saying goes; "don't let the underdog have their day if you don' want your face rubbed in dogshit!"

...and yet it's come to this...

I have a real problem with pochs recent comments on academy players and how the opportunities are harder for them to break through now.

So there's no opportunity for CCV, Onomah, Edwards, Sterling, Skipp etc. But there is opportunities for a 19 year old Argentinian who has just as little experience as some of them players.

And that's not a dig at foyth. I think some of his game is strong and some not so strong. But don't feed us BS about the chances not being there.

What a shitshow.
Too damn cocky going into this one.
As fans, we are entitled to think we will beat lower league oppo. As a professional footballer, it shouldn’t enter their heads.

Result is already in the back of my mind.

Much bigger game against United coming up in the week and then an even bigger one at Anfield at the weekend.

Alderweireld, Eriksen, Aurier, Lloris and potentially a new signing in Lucas all potentially involved over the next week or so.

We were playing some great stuff pre spam

Hope we click back into gear before it's too late

The Everton game was after the Spammers match and was one of our best performances of the season. Last two games have been very poor (Soton and Newport) BUT we didn't lose either of them and hopefully Toby and Eriksen will be back soon.

I'm going on Weds so will be fired up and will get behind the boys.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom