Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lilly Whites

County fan here - All come to our city enjoy the cheep beer! (not shitty weatherspoons!) have a beer with us and have a laugh.

We know we we will probably lose but this is massive for our City/Club and would love just to score against you guys - hopefully you will put a fairly strong team out but we understand the games you have ahead.

All pubs will welcome you and we would all have a beer with you

Good luck enjoy and obviously - We know who we are sheep shagging bastards we know who we are.

Amber army!

County

I wonder if one of you clever chaps could produce a graph showing yardage of our players for tonight’s game

crayonscribble.gif

Can't complain about the results. We were fucking horrendous in the first half and they took advantage. All credit to them.

Second half we have little or no creativity until Alli came on.

We will crush them at Wembley but I am pleased in a masochistic way that they are getting a big pay day.

Before we all lose our minds, the F.A. Cup is all about, and needs results like this. It has happened to better teams than us and will again. Whilst we were out battled in the first half, we absolutely bossed the second. Newport were out on their feet after an hour an keeping to the plan to play through them brought the equaliser. We have all enjoyed other clubs being dumped out of the cup by minnows and long may it continue. Yesterday was our turn in the chair, but let's not forget that their players were nothing short of heroic. Were we beaten, I would have applauded Newport off the pitch, and rightly so. If you believe that this game was only about us, then you have no soul.

David Pipe for starters mate, you know, the league 2 player who bullied your millionaires.

By the way, how many of the current Tottenham team were playing the last time you won a trophy?

Funny isn't it. This ALWAYS follows the same pattern. Away fan comes on here, posts sensibly and is treated with respect. Then post match they come back and get all fucking lairy and act the cunt.

You had your moment. Well done. Now fuck off.

Foyth looks mustard great prospect with him and Sanchez we have the CB position tied up.
Good physical game for Wanyama to have his first 90mins no casual easing in, that sharp shock is good for the senses.
Vorm is good on the ball didn’t give us a Hugo heart in mouth situation.
Sissoko tried and didn’t have too bad a game but he’s a good level below what’s expected.
Tripps really struggled today not sure why especially in the 2nd half where he was afforded a little more time and space.
Kane is our hero too bad we had no creativity so he had to drop deep for so much of the game.
Llorente was painful to watch, couldn’t control the ball, looks as if he’s running with the handbrakes on and doesn’t appear to be able to even jump far less win a header.
KWP is evidence of a player suffering from lack of opportunity no match sharpness no rhythm
Jan is steady eddie our player of the season imo
The ref let too many things go high boots, unpunished tackles and their skipper should have had an early bath.
The wind - made life hard for us
The pitch - hopefully the rest of our matches are on grass
Well done Newport players, coach and fans they gave it right go and deserve something though they’re nothing above functional.

Hopefully we embarrass these fuckers in the replay don’t want them to bask in this anomaly of a match.
We’re still up for the cup COYS!!

I watched this in the hotel bar in Dubai, not kicking off until 9.30 pm. I rushed back from a jeep safari to catch the game, wish I hadn't bothered. I can only say watching this game was slow torture, the Spanish inquisition could have taken notes. I was the only one really watching the game and I was getting some funny looks as i was the only single woman in there. That might have been because of the incessant muttering and swearing under my breath rather than being on my own!
When that goal went in, couldn't help myself, jumped off the stool and shouted 'yes about bloody time!'. Thought I was going to get chucked out!!
Agree with most of the sensible comments made :-
1. yes, we dodged a bullet
2. great that Newport get a day out at Wembley
3. we create little without Eriksen
4. glad we are still in the draw
5. if we don't do them at home, no matter who plays, then they should be ashamed. No time for complacency or sentimentality.just do the job.
6. I was impressed with Foyth, appears to have great potential. Sissoko worked his socks off but still don't think he should be in the team when everyone is fit. Can't really commit in writing what I think of Llorente -most polite thing I can say - SHOCKING!

You've been saying for 6 months "WE ARE THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM" with regards to attracting players, then a game like that fills you with pride
Im proud that the team hung in there, kept battling and didn't panic in a really difficult situation.A less MIGHTY TOTTENHAM could have suffered the same fate as Woolwich and West Ham.

I hope you all have a great time in the 'Port.
I hope if we start knocking it about and play you off the park you don't start kicking us though cos we got a big game at Lincoln on Tuesday night and can do without injuries lol
In all serious I hope we give you a decent game (draw would be great cos we haven't been to Wembley for 2 or 3 years) and everyone has a good time
We will definitely sing loud and proud all game whatever the score

Wanyama was way off the pace today. Can we still put it down to “returning from injury”? Hope he finds his form again soon, he was so damn good last year.

Llorente bitterly disappointing again. I genuinely think we were better off with Janssen, at least he worked hard. I’m starting to think that Llorente has just come to Spurs for a paid holiday.

Wanyama was way off the pace today. Can we still put it down to “returning from injury”? Hope he finds his form again soon, he was so damn good last year.

Llorente bitterly disappointing again. I genuinely think we were better off with Janssen, at least he worked hard. I’m starting to think that Llorente has just come to Spurs for a paid holiday.
I’m becoming convinced that the reason every backup striker we bring in loses his form from the previous season is because Kane absorbs all of their footballing skill like a vampire. That’s why we need a new one every year - Harry is ever so hungry...

Back
Top Bottom