Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Team full of primadonnas, managed by a man with one eye on a job in spain, club is run by a bloke who wouldn't look amiss on crimewatch selling second hand jewellery and we don't currently have our own stadium.

Fuck it all.

Not with the U-12s we won't!
Poch will have bigger CL fish to fry by the time the replay comes around apparently!

I think we will beat them with a similar mix of senior and youth players, it'll be very different at Wembley compared to Newport's ground where the atmosphere is always going to give them a helping hand. Obviously we could have done without the extra fixture.

Would have been a travesty had we nicked it at the end. Newport deserved their big day out replay. They should get a good whack of money for it, so good for them.

They didn't time waste too much, they weren't over dirty and they didn't park the bus. Some premier league clubs could learn a thing or two from them.

We dodged a bullet there today. It was always going to be tough and so it turned out. Too many players, Dier, Wan, Llorente, not at the races first half. Fair play to Newport, they came with a good plan and implemented it very well. The draw is a fair result IMO.

Haven’t heard anyone moan when we play Dembele, Dier Wanyama Sissoko combinations in CM any other time.

What are you missing?
No one complains because we will also have Eriksen, Dele and/or Son on the pitch too.
The first half was basically

...............................Dier
Sissoko.................Wanyama...............Demele

...........................Llorente
............................Kane

It was garbage. Not sure why you think we had no options

Actually feel quite proud of the lads tonight. Didn't play well but hung in there and showed some battling qualities if nothing else .
We're still in the cup whereas Spurs of old would have buckled to a humiliating defeat.
They'll get their night at Wembley which they deserve, and we'll go through to the fifth round.

I have had a few beers today mind, so my perspective could change as I sober up.

This game has aged me but looking fwd to watching Spam getting knocked out

We’re in our prime Mick like a mature claret
not according to Mindblown
apparently I'm demented and on medication.

I'm well pissed off to find out that one of the doctors at my local clinic is publicly flouting the hyppocratic oath

What are you missing?
No one complains because we will also have Eriksen, Dele and/or Son on the pitch too.
The first half was basically

...............................Dier
Sissoko.................Wanyama...............Demele

...........................Llorente
............................Kane

It was garbage. Not sure why you think we had no options

Think your post sums up why we were so poor. Lack of creativity. We need to address this as we rely to heaving on dele, eriksen and son to create chances. Although we did miss lamela as well in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom