FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vorm
Aurier Alderweireld Foyth KWP
Dier Winks
Sissoko Lamela Rose
Llorente

Something like this I think, provided the one's coming back from injury can play an hour or so.
Rose as a winger?

Interesting but why not blood in a youth player like Georgieu there instead?

And rightly so.

We need to be getting to finals of domestic cup competitions on top of continuing to progress in the Premier.

To me the Champions League for now is a bonus.

Yeah Id love to see us play the reserves against Juve and go full strength against Newport and Rotheram.

Just what our players dream about.

Yeah Id love to see us play the reserves against Juve and go full strength against Newport and Rotheram.

Just what our players dream about.

Interesting take on what I wrote.

But I tell you I would take for now the elation of an FA Cup trophy over going out in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. No doubt at all.

Getting top 4 is infinitely more likely than prevailing in a loaded Champions League but going out in the FA Cup when we have 2 distinctly winnable games for the sake of playing a few professional footballers for a bit more (for some of them) than 90 minutes in a few days, would be criminal.

I don't think I am asking too much and lest you forget we have won nothing for some time.

I can see Poch saving Aurier and Rose as he’ll use them both against Woolwich and Juventus.

On a side note. After these 3 games we have Woolwich, Juve and Palace.

Woolwich are without Cech.
Juve without Matuidi and Dybala.
Palace without Zaha.

Vorm
Aurier Alderweireld Foyth KWP
Dier Winks
Sissoko Lamela Rose
Llorente

Something like this I think, provided the one's coming back from injury can play an hour or so.

How many goals has this lot got between them. Got 0-0 all over it with having to bring on attacking options and risking extra time and penalties. One of Eriksen, Dele, Son or Kane needs to play. I suggest Dele.
However I would rest Dier and play Wanyama.

But I tell you I would take for now the elation of an FA Cup trophy over going out in the quarter-finals of the Champions League. No doubt at all.

But why is that the scenario? I could just as easily say Id rather win the CL than go out against Newport in the 4th round of the FA Cup

I don't think I am asking too much and lest you forget we have won nothing for some time.
Which is why Id like to keep as many players as fit as possible for the likes of Juventus, rather than go all out against 4th division oppo.

My views are because I genuinely believe we can win the CL, and have done ever since The Bernabau. I hope our manager does too.

Last edited:
Poch has said 90% of players playing tomorrow will have started a CL game. Not checked but presume KWP is the 10% as I cannot recall him starting a CL game.

But why is that the scenario? I could just as easily say Id rather win the CL than go out against Newport in the 4th round of the FA Cup

Which is why Id like to keep as many players as fit as possible for the likes of Juventus, rather than go all out against 4th division oppo.

My views are because I genuinely believe we can win the CL, and have done ever since The Bernabau. I hope our manager does too.

I don't so I am comfortable with my comments.

Pochettino will undoubtedly want us to put on a good show.

Belief alone is not enough.

Is there a reason why you doubt we can beat anyone over 2 legs?
I also believe we are good enough to win the CL, on our day we can beat anyone, the CL acutally suits us as teams will come to play, anyhow onto the match thread, if we have to go full strength to beat fucking Newport (no disrespect :dierpochhug:)
Something is wrong! Surely our squad is good enough to win, while giving the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Jan, Dembele a rest?

But its not belief alone when you take 10pts off Dortmund and Real madrid scoring 9 goals in the four games.
We have the best striker in the world and in my opinion one of the best managers.

Jan, Toby, Lloris, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Moura are among the best players in Europe on their day.
Then we have the likes of Dier, Aurier, Davies, Trippier, Winks, Sanchez, Rose, Lamela who are all top, top draw players on their day. They have proven themselves this season already in the CL.

Its a cup run, and lesser squads have gone all the way and won.
If your'e looking at Newport and turning your nose up at Juve, then Im not sure why you've been longing for top players for the whole of January. Top players dont join teams to take the easy path in domestic cups.

But its not belief alone when you take 10pts off Dortmund and Real madrid scoring 9 goals in the four games.
We have the best striker in the world and in my opinion one of the best managers.

Jan, Toby, Lloris, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Moura are among the best players in Europe on their day.
Then we have the likes of Dier, Aurier, Davies, Trippier, Winks, Sanchez, Rose, Lamela who are all top, top draw players on their day. They have proven themselves this season already in the CL.

Its a cup run, and lesser squads have gone all the way and won.
If your'e looking at Newport and turning your nose up at Juve, then Im not sure why you've been longing for top players for the whole of January. Top players dont join teams to take the easy path in domestic cups.
Billy-D_Approves.gif

Back
Top Bottom