FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rochdale fan here, coming in peace. First of all, good luck tonight, facing you will be the biggest fixture ever for our club, from a financial pov. Secondly, im going to apologise for the state of our pitch, we got mugged off during the summer from the company that laid the pitch, but it should be better by the time we potentially play you, weve hired out premier league equiptment for the last round which contarary to the pictures actually helped,as far as i believe we will continue to rent it.
Our league position doesnt realy give us credit, in a league were we have probably one of the lowest budgets, we have lost to many games by the odd goal or drawn when we were better value for a result. Recently lady luck is swinging back our way. All Rochdale fans respect the way your club has gone about things against the money bags that the big 3 have.
Our team is made up from our academy players and casts offs that have been forged together weve moved tp 3-4-2-1 recently with attacking wing backs. We like to play football, we wont go out to injure your players. We have to much self respect for that. I do hope you avoid playing kane just for tthe facts its world cup year and knowing england its our luck hell get injured ha.
It could be our first time facing you. Weve been having a debate on our site to how many of your fans will turn up. We have 2k seated away stand--will you fill it? What team can we expect to face? Seeming its jammed in to some very important fixtures for you. Much love and good luck for the rest of the season.

I had a brief fling with a girl from Rochdale once. When I was about 15 years old. Met her on holiday at Butlins. We kept in touch for about 18 months or so. She had really big tits for her age and I know she supported Rochdale fc.
:sonhmm:

Not gonna lie, love the unpredictability of Sissoko. One minute he fucks a first touch into row z, the next he puts in a gorgeous cross
245amo.jpg

People slating Llorente - not sure what they expected when we signed him. He's past his prime and happy to sit on the bench. Granted some of these chances he should be putting away

Having said that - as long as we have Kane's quality in the team we have 2 options in terms of back-up striker

- older, generally past-it, experienced continental striker - i.e. Llorente, Giroud, Negredo, etc.
- younger, up and coming promising talent - Janssen, Moreno, Werner, etc.

We will not be signing a top striker in his prime to sit on the bench behind Kane - fans need to accept that reality.

Last edited:
Mate, no.

The game needs winning. We have enough players to win this comfortably and not jeopardise Saturday.

The fit again Aurier, Rose, Winks and Alderweireld. Sissoko and Wanyama. Lamela, Foyth and Vorm. The hardly used but quite shocking thus far Llorente. That's 9.

Put Son on as well and maybe one from the youth team.

Have Kane, Alli and Eriksen amongst others in case of fire.

Pochettino just needs to get his message across but we have a decent path potentially to the quarter-final.

No time for throwing in the kids.
Haha......if 4th division opponents at Wembley is no time to throw in the kids when we have Woolwich 50 hours later, then there will never be a good time.

You do all realise we are talking about Newport county don't you?

Also I said kids and fringe.
You mentioned Foyth, Llorente, Sissoko, Lamela and Vorm.
All players in the category I mentioned.
Are you telling me the likes of KWP, Winks and Oakley Booth shouldn't get a look in?
Then we might as well be off with them as they clearly can't be considered good enough for the PL if they aren't considered good enough for Newport.

Back
Top Bottom