FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would Moura not play or be eligible to play in this game as some have said?

Good opportunity to give some of the fringe guys a game. Personally, I wanna see Wanyama start against the scum on Sat, and maybe I might have Sanchez miss that game for Toby/Dier, so maybe play Sanchez on wed.
Since this is a replay we are not allowed to add players to the squad. Have to make due with the same players that were registered for the original game.

Moura can be added should we get past Newport

Whilst we have not actually lost to a lower division side in recent years we have far too many scares to take too many risks. I am all for playing those back from injury but concerned that too many might mean they start to flag towards the end and if we are not winning comfortably then we cannot sub defenders as we need to bring on our attackers to get through.
Have to trust the coaches to know which of them can play 90 mins and whilst Toby must play if only for 70 mins and Aurier who has only been out a short while should be ok but Rose needs to be 100% to play. Wanyama should be ok now and needs to start but can you risk Winks next to him after a lay off?
I would play Dele as he has experience against these teams and can help get us goals.
Do not want to get to 70 mins at 0-0 and then have to bring on the goal scorers.

That's a bullshit rule btw
It's really not...
Think of the replay as an extension to the game... 90+ minutes EXTRA-TIME if you will!

We wouldn't bring on a new signing half way through the 2nd half if he'd only been signed during half-time!!

That said, it didn't stop 'us' getting rid of our Coach midway through a game once!
:bmj::levyeyes:

Last edited:
A MUST WIN game but we have to rest key personnel.

Vorm, Rose, Aurier, Foyth, Alderweireld, Lamela, Sissoko, Wanyama, Llorente and Winks have to start if fit, plus the fittest and most able from yesterday( not Kane, Eriksen or Alli)

No messing. Get the game won early and focus for Saturday and the 5th round.

Last edited:
Lets just concentrate on THIS game now... and forget yesterday. THAT'LL really wind the Scousers up... who expect the rest of the Country to focus on nothing else but their plight for the next 7 days...
I assume there will be another minutes' silence before the next round of matches at the weekend to commemorate their loss of TWO POINTS....

#prayforScousers
#2AWAYpenaltiesatTheKopiswrong

Got some mates visiting me up here in deepest darkest Newcastle on Wednesday so am having to have a night on the town (I'm not fucking calling it the Toon) instead. Will have to tape the game, try to avoid the scores and watch it when I get home. Going to be a late one!

Got some mates visiting me up here in deepest darkest Newcastle on Wednesday so am having to have a night on the town (I'm not fucking calling it the Toon) instead. Will have to tape the game, try to avoid the scores and watch it when I get home. Going to be a late one!

likelylads_1578242c.jpg

csb
:dierpochhug:

Back
Top Bottom