FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was a bloke in near me first half in tshirt and shorts....
I'm a skinny fucker which makes me feel the cold, but there's a bloke in my row who's also very thin and wears the same clothes to every game, a Spurs shirt and jeans, regardless of whether it's 0C or 30C.

The only thing I can think is that if you drink enough, you don't feel the cold, though he doesn't appear drunk.

Just goes to show glory hunters are not exclusively at big clubs. There were 7,000 Newport fans there last night, their average home attendance is just short of 4,000. I'd guess their average away following is maybe 300-400 people. I'd guess it was local Woolwich or Chelsea fans at the game at their place who started the "what do you think of Tottenham?" chants rather than Newport's proper fans.
I can see that. I live in a town whose team plays Non League football. Never seen them although look for their results. If they made a Wembley final then I would consider going. Would not be denying any supporter a ticket as they would never fill it. My point is probably a lot of them support other teams but decided to support their local team for it's highlight of the season.

Just goes to show glory hunters are not exclusively at big clubs. There were 7,000 Newport fans there last night, their average home attendance is just short of 4,000. I'd guess their average away following is maybe 300-400 people. I'd guess it was local Woolwich or Chelsea fans at the game at their place who started the "what do you think of Tottenham?" chants rather than Newport's proper fans.

Experienced something similar a few years back, my local club (used to be until they moved) was Barnet, went a game or 2 a year as a boy and mates still go regularly. So a few years back they where drawn against Millwall in the League Cup, just so happened to be a week after they played/had the tear up with West Ham. So a load of kids (15-17) who went to the game started singing west ham songs to try and wind them up. One of the most embarrassing things I've ever witnessed.
Also in the league cup Barnet played Man U at Old Trafford, must of been around 2007. They took 6k up there, the average gate at Underhill has been around 2k for the past 20 years, in fact the only 2 times I've ever heard of it being sold out was promotion from the conference and the last game there.
Most clubs outside the "big teams" have these fan bases.

Just about thawed out, coldest I've felt since we played Oxford Utd in the 3rd round in 1985. John Chiedozie spared our blushes that day.
Not the most riveting game but a professional performance from essentially our second 11. Now to get our sand shoes ready for the next round.

Literally the coldest I've felt this year and in a while. And I worked winter night shifts outside last year. Freezer of a stadium. I was shaking throughout the game. Triple layers minimum next time.

Lamela or Rose MOTM.

Back
Top Bottom