FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBF if I was seated in front of an 11 year old girl as this gentleman apparently was I would be considerate enough and sit down. Especially in an all seater stadium
I would if there was no one standing up in front of me, sure. Personally I had a terrible experience with some old bat at WHL who kept tapping on my shoulder when I stood up. I would point to the 10 rows in front of me standing up. She would not care. "My daughter can't see she would say'. I would sit for a bit but I got so sick of just accommodating her precious daughter. In the last season I just ignored it, she still kept tapping.

I would if there was no one standing up in front of me, sure. Personally I had a terrible experience with some old bat at WHL who kept tapping on my shoulder when I stood up. I would point to the 10 rows in front of me standing up. She would not care. "My daughter can't see she would say'. I would sit for a bit but I got so sick of just accommodating her precious daughter. In the last season I just ignored it, she still kept tapping.

Pics?

Took my son last night, bunked into club Wembley at half time and took up seats in that bit by the half way line that is always empty ten minutes into the second half at cup finals and internationals etc... Added bonus was bumped into Pat Jennings and got to wish Cliff Jones a happy birthday as he headed back with Paul Coyte, which was nice.....

Back to the back of the upper Saturday.......

Why? 7,500 were their fans. Decent, but hardly incredible. This kind of stuff makes us look stupid.
What?
That 32,000 spurs fans rocked up to watch a 4th tier team in between Manure, LFC, Woolwich and Juventus.
At Wembley, that really convenient ground to get in and out of.....

We were never going to fill the place, were we?

What?
That 32,000 spurs fans rocked up to watch a 4th tier team in between Manure, LFC, Woolwich and Juventus.
At Wembley, that really convenient ground to get in and out of.....

We were never going to fill the place, were we?

Decent, very good, excellent, but not incredible at a tenner a ticket. Apologies for my pedantry.

It was a fair bit colder at Wembley than it was in the Tottenham area. That I can assure you.
I would guess it was at least -2 degrees pitch side.
I've noticed this too. It was 2C on my balcony in Tottenham when I got back home after the game, definitely colder at Wembley. With it being such an open stadium it's colder than most and a lot colder than WHL was.

Ha ha, one 'big' game and they are already down the path of "who are these Johnny come latelys telling me what to do"

Modern football, eh?...
Just goes to show glory hunters are not exclusively at big clubs. There were 7,000 Newport fans there last night, their average home attendance is just short of 4,000. I'd guess their average away following is maybe 300-400 people. I'd guess it was local Woolwich or Chelsea fans at the game at their place who started the "what do you think of Tottenham?" chants rather than Newport's proper fans.

People slating Llorente - not sure what they expected when we signed him. He's past his prime and happy to sit on the bench. Granted some of these chances he should be putting away

Having said that - as long as we have Kane's quality in the team we have 2 options in terms of back-up striker

- older, generally past-it, experienced continental striker - i.e. Llorente, Giroud, Negredo, etc.
- younger, up and coming promising talent - Janssen, Moreno, Werner, etc.

We will not be signing a top striker in his prime to sit on the bench behind Kane - fans need to accept that reality.

Llorente just got owned by League 2 defenders - this is one of our squad players some on here called ‘an excellent striker’ and a underutlisied cover. Fml.

Let me guess - you thought he was brilliant like Llorente who would have won Ballon Dor if Poch played him more often. LMFAO

Llorente is pants, sorry mate

:avbshock:

Back
Top Bottom