FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They'll have to move it. Parts of the pitch resemble a potato field - it was flooded recently and the whole thing's a mess. And rain is forecast in Rochdale everyday the next week and a half. Makes sense to either move it to Wembley (should we beat Newport) or move it to a ground near Rochdale because there's a high probability the pitch will be declared unplayable, which it nearly was tonight, and in fact probably should have been.

The Rochdale groundsman is about to get a lot of attention as one of the worst people at their job.

Would love a bit of old school terrace action, have to say.

They'll have to move it. Parts of the pitch resemble a potato field - it was flooded recently and the whole thing's a mess. And rain is forecast in Rochdale everyday the next week and a half. Makes sense to either move it to Wembley (should we beat Newport) or move it to a ground near Rochdale because there's a high probability the pitch will be declared unplayable, which it nearly was tonight, and in fact probably should have been.
Tonight was their first home game in a month...their last two games there were postponed.

Rochdale will surely want to keep it there though. That pitch is by far their best chance of getting a result against us.

I had a brief fling with a girl from Rochdale once. When I was about 15 years old. Met her on holiday at Butlins. We kept in touch for about 18 months or so. She had really big tits for her age and I know she supported Rochdale fc.
:sonhmm:

I had a brief fling with a girl from Rochdale once. When I was about 15 years old. Met her on holiday at Butlins. We kept in touch for about 18 months or so. She had really big tits for her age and I know she supported Rochdale fc.
:sonhmm:

Did you get on with her labrador?

....and their last 3 scorers??
W.Routledge
K.Naughton
T.Carroll

...3 players not even deemed good enough for our 2nd string!!

Interesting to see how our squad approach tomorrow night...
Especially as we now know we'll be playing on Rochdale's Potato pitch if we win!!

Firstly 8 - 1 against any team is unusual but shows what can happen if the home team and the team that is more talented approach a game in the right manner and start relatively quicker.

There is also a fact that Swansea probably do have 18 - 20 players who vie for a first team place whereas we arguably have 16/17 at most.

What I mean is there may be slightly less incentive (not saying it is the right attitude) to give 100% when opportunities do occur than there might be if your chances of a regular start are determined by your performance in cup games etc...

Back
Top Bottom