FA Cup replay vs Newport. 7th Feb, 19:45KO (Moura is ineligible this round due to FA Rules Cup)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nice post!

One thing I noticed when doing some reading about Rochdale was that you'd changed the name of Spotland (a name I always liked, nicely out-of-the ordinary, like Molineux) to the Crown Oil Arena for sponsorship reasons.

However, it seems that Spotland is still the most commonly used name by far - on the Guardian, Mail and BBC reports that was what they used, it's the Wikipedia entry for your ground etc. That pleases me, it's something on our minds as we move into the new ground which will have a corporate name, will we be able to keep the name White Hart Lane alive? Hopefully we can follow your lead!
Their isnt enough of us to be bothered about the name of the ground tbh. Most Rochdalian's (or whatever were meant to call ourselves) are United/citeh fans which is a disappointment but understandable. And regarding switching grounds. I wouldnt be bothered but our best chance of any result would be at home. The extra money from wembley woud be nice but id rather respect the draw. It wouldnt surprise me if we did lay a new pitch before it or atleast half the pitch. We our a respectful group of fans and we only hate teams that do it the wrong way. Notts County, stockport etc have robbed us of promotion or winning lg2 due to being bankrolled by lies. We accept well never be a big boy but we will always do things the right way. Even if it means selling our best players to stay afloat. We have produced some players in last 10 years or reinvogorated then. Adam Le Fondre, ricky lambert, glen murray, craig dawson, matt gilks, grant holt etc. So we find gems polish them and let them go for bigger and better things. Something the media has never picked up on. Their is also the fact we now have the best academy outside the premier league..which stats etc will show. would be nice if the 2 cljbs could establish a relationship after this game.

And rightly so.

We need to be getting to finals of domestic cup competitions on top of continuing to progress in the Premier.

To me the Champions League for now is a bonus.

Yeah Id love to see us play the reserves against Juve and go full strength against Newport and Rotheram.

Just what our players dream about.

Is there a reason why you doubt we can beat anyone over 2 legs?
I also believe we are good enough to win the CL, on our day we can beat anyone, the CL acutally suits us as teams will come to play, anyhow onto the match thread, if we have to go full strength to beat fucking Newport (no disrespect :dierpochhug:)
Something is wrong! Surely our squad is good enough to win, while giving the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Jan, Dembele a rest?

If Poch plays Kane and he ends up getting a knock that means he misses the Woolwich game, how can anyone in their right mind say it was worth the risk because the FA Cup is also important. Its genuinely fucking mental, and I will stand by that no matter what the line up.

Its the wrong decision to play these players tomorrow, and will just back up what I said in the window that there is not enough rotation, and having a squad is fairly pointless if games like this, right in the middle of the next fixtures are deemed as not worthy enough to play the fringe players.

It's a ridiculous rule. Screwing us over.

I didn't have a problem with it until it adversely affected Spurs, but now I think it's an awful disgrace and only there as a conspiracy against us.

Might tweet the Met about this.

I have already appealed to the European Court of Justice AND the European Court of Human rights about this serious issue. Might as well get some use out of them before Brexit.

JUSTICE FOR LUCAS!!

Back
Top Bottom