Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm on Davies back when he has a poor game but I'll always give him praise when deserves and he was excellent against United and again today.

I still think Pochs Spurs is as its best with two flying wing backs but Aurier and Davies may do if we can utilise pace elsewhere. Preferably through Son or Lucas.

I'm on Davies back when he has a poor game but I'll always give him praise when deserves and he was excellent against United and again today.

I still think Pochs Spurs is as its best with two flying wing backs but Aurier and Davies may do if we can utilise pace elsewhere. Preferably through Son or Lucas.
Son tends to have his best games playing with Ben behind him. Son needs the space up on the left which he doesn't get with Rose bombing up.

Playing a fit Danny Rose has its perks. But Ben has other strengths and is still good enough at the offensive wingback work to be effective in that role.

Although long term I see him moving into the LCB spot once Jan hangs it up.

Superb today... and I actually thought Bellerin was one of their better performers on the same flank... Ben's delivery was significantly better though (good)

Unsung hero! Proving us all wrong. There's only one Ben Davies!

Not all of us.
I have been saying from the start of the season that he is our number 1 LB option.

Davies played 15 EPL games in a row, completing full 90 minutes in 14 instances (!) in the end of last season. And he was part of the spell that saw us win 13 of those games, losing 2, averageing 2,6 points per game in that period!

And then he started season very brightly by scoring 2 and assisting further 2 within firs 7 rounds of this season EPL.

Very consistent and dependable, something that couldn't be said about Rose for quite some time now.

He carries himself as you'd want a Tottenham player to. Confident but still humble. He has grown into a dominant player.

I have already said this but if his stay with us is a long one (hopefully it is) I can see him being in contention to be one of our captains in the future. Probably not the first one (that is obviously Harry). But probably second or third choice

must be hard as a player hearing and reading about Rose, almost disregarding you as incapable... Takes a strong character to ignore that – easier said than done. Was immense Saturday and keeps getting better, once of those players who keeps his head down, doesn't get caught up in crap, just works his socks off

must be hard as a player hearing and reading about Rose, almost disregarding you as incapable... Takes a strong character to ignore that – easier said than done. Was immense Saturday and keeps getting better, once of those players who keeps his head down, doesn't get caught up in crap, just works his socks off

AND don't whine when he does not play.
I mean there have been periods and games when he might felt that he should start but Poch has picked Rose. Have not heard a beep from him.

Plus another thing is that Ben is still 24 (!!) I mean if feels he has been around forever but he is quite young really...

Poch working his fullback magic once again. Davies has been superb and is rightfully keeping Rose out the side atm.

He’s really grown into his attacking responsibilities in that role in recent months and is getting in some great positions and providing good deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom