Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Before Danny's injury he was clearly ahead of Davies, but he hasn't regained that form yet, and may never. Besides, being the best player in a particular position is about more than just form. Davies has been a better team-mate and team-player for the club this past year, no doubt about it.

Agree with most of that but he can’t go past players like a fit Rose can

Needed that tonight

Still absolutely gutted

Harsh lesson here but they really do have a shit ton of experience. Chiellini and Buffon have some 1100 games together between them or something like that.
Chiellini is a masterful defender and if he played for us I wouldn't care how many snidey moves he does as long as he remains on the pitch.
We all love Lamela for the same type of thing. It is what it takes to be a winner, being nice don't get you anywhere.
They got themselves in the position to take full advantage of their dark arts. Had we scored again to make it 2 nil, I would have expected a similar thing from us.

Anyway, you melty bastards, look at the ride we have been on and the improvement over last season, its amazing. As someone else said we actually went toe to toe with these experienced heavyweights, Madrid, Dortmund, Juve and apart from tonight we shocked them all, twice. Compare that to woolwich who haven't gotten further than we did tonight in over 8 years, and that's with over 20 years in the CL experience to draw on. Plus they tend to get totally dishonored and battered too when they play a heavyweight.

Sure the media will paint a black picture and have half our team sold by the morning, but the bottom line is no matter the defeat tonight we are on an upwards trajectory.

Can we just bin sissoko please done fuck all tonight! Useless cunt!

To soon? Fucking gutted, trying to take the positives from tonight, but to be so close and have it ripped away just hurts right now, still thanks for the journey boys, at least now we can enjoy the ride while it lasts, a few years back we couldn’t go toe to toe with Europe’s elite! Hopefully the booze will numb the pain!

crying.gif

Funny but seriously Sissoko would have tracked back and they might not have scored the second

Agree with most of that but he can’t go past players like a fit Rose can

Needed that tonight

Still absolutely gutted

Agree- when Danny was in form it was great, but, it seems a long way from those days now. I don't think Davies was in any way the reason we didn't win this game, and hope others refrain from making a scapegoat out of him!

Tactical disaster at 1-1. Simply need to sit back and work the counter. Instead continue to press ...Sanchez completely caught out of position..trippier with the Ole..JV in lalaland on the left. Backline collapse. Def on players but Poch needed to adjust tactics there. 1-1 draw was a W. This stings like all the rest really. Fuck me

We were shit tonight, including Poch. He needs to learn to make subs before issues arise, be proactive and make the other manager think.

Only really Alli and Son in patches had good games.

Don't know why we played Dembele holding midfield and Dier 8, all our best performances are with Dembele further forward.

Have in no way lost faith with Poch or the team, but it would be nice to for once not have to think "chalk that one down to experience".

Not sure what Rose has done post injury to warrant such plaudits, the 2016 version of Rose was a world beater, this one not so much. Even the man himself admits he’s not fit enough to play for Spurs

Thought we out played them over all (again), just unlucky (again). My only tactical complaint was leaving Dembele in once Juve were ahead. Rather see Lucas at that point as Moussa’s chance of scoring are nearly nonexistent, and the Italians were just burning clock.

Just got back from the game and really gutted. Can't bring myself to watch the highlights; listen to any dick 'experts'; or read any idiot whingers on here until tomorrow...But, I'll just say this:
except for a bit of naivety and crazy few moments we played well and deserved more than we got.
Proud of the lads regardless. COYS!

Funny but seriously Sissoko would have tracked back and they might not have scored the second

I honestly think Sissoko would have been a good choice to start ahead of Dier. That’s a view fuelled by hindsight, but he knows Matuidi well and would have nullified him a bit, and had the engine to keep them pushed back.

Thought we out played them over all (again), just unlucky (again). My only tactical complaint was leaving Dembele in once Juve were ahead. Rather see Lucas at that point as Moussa’s chance of scoring are nearly nonexistent, and the Italians were just burning clock.

Yea, once we went behind, I was hoping Dembele would drop deep to defend the counter, and that we would sub Lucas on for Dier to pick up the ball and run through midfield. I love Lamela, but his scoring record isn't quite what one would hope for when looking for a goal.

Not sure what Rose has done post injury to warrant such plaudits, the 2016 version of Rose was a world beater, this one not so much. Even the man himself admits he’s not fit enough to play for Spurs
I think it has more to do with how bad Davies performed over the two legs then Rose plaudits post injury.

Danny Rose himself says he's not matchfit for Spurs and the melters are saying he'd be the difference. They think they know better than the man himself and Pochettino. The sheer arrogance is astounding.

Just home.
Couple of thoughts really.
Bringing on Llorente with 4 minutes to go didn’t make sense to me. If we were going that route, he should have had longer to try & mKe his mark on the game. It’s something Poch does frequently & I tend to think that his substitutions often seem too little too late in games where we are trying to get a goal.
I was also desperate for Lucas to come on when we went 2-1 down. Was sat right behind the goal from the heavens & could see that we weren’t stretching them on the flanks enough. It was crying out for another pacey player to test their tiring legs & whilst Lamela did ok, it just seemed like a game where Lucas may have offered a greater threat.

Just got back from the game and really gutted. Can't bring myself to watch the highlights; listen to any dick 'experts'; or read any idiot whingers on here until tomorrow...But, I'll just say this:
except for a bit of naivety and crazy few moments we played well and deserved more than we got.
Proud of the lads regardless. COYS!
Relax from football till Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom