Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of work to be done in the summer.

I don't know if it's that much, but we do need to be sharp out of the blocks next August and September (easy said when its a World Cup year) no silly dropped points and the performances we need against any big teams we meet. We need to drastically improve our pre-Christmas form, we seem to have our end of season in October/November, and then continue our phenomenal form from Christmas onwards. All the while using experience gained from the last three seasons to help us make our way.

Would love to see a contingency measure for when teams park the bus and a killer attitude.

Personally I think we're 5% improvement away from winning the EPL (Shitty will not have it so easy next year) and 8% away from going very close if not winning the CL.

Whats undenial is that in full flow, there are very few teams easier on the eye, and not many who can better us.

Let’s be realistic see what odds you would have got in September on us playing Dortmund, Madrid and Juventus home and away and we would only lose once and by one goal?

For our 3rd ever time in this competition against teams who regularly win or get to finals it’s outstanding

#perspective

I'm all for a bit of discussion either positive or negative but his comments have been deliberately designed to piss others off....on a night when everyone is having a go at us, I just can't be arsed with his brand of insults and toxic baiting....never shows his face on here till now and it's all negative, personal and deliberately abusive.

He , and you, are of course entitled to your own opinions, as am I and for the reasons contained herein, I feel like a ban might teach him some manners.

Waste of time debating with this boring negative cunt mate
When I tried that a while ago he put me on ignore as he couldn’t hack it but crawls out of the woodwork whenever I have a cunt off with someone, constantly agreeing with them

Prize wanker and that’s saying something on here

:lennon:

The Italian defensive football culture, Catenaccio, wasn't on show from Juve last night, that defensive culture is not to concede a goal and 23 shots on your goal.

After you scored we were still pulling you about all over the place, we still got behind you, we hit the post.

You are conforming to the narrative of tactical masterclass and a brilliant defensive display, and defaulting to a style of play that actually didn't exist from Juve tonight. You adapt to this narrative because you won, but in no way was your performance warrant that tired Italian Catenaccio nonsense for this game. If you don't take the only chances you had there is a different story to be had, one of being dominated, old, slow.

What is really impressive from Juve is staying alive in a game you are losing, to be outplayed but remain in the game. Chelsea have done this for years too. This magic dust is why you won, this brilliant ability to stay in the game.
Spot on. I was saying to the lad next to me that we were on very dangerous ground having got the goal. As daft as that may sound, we did not get the second goal that would have finished them off completely. They played by the minute & hung in there when they were on the ropes. Having conceded, we should have taken a few minutes to steady the ship. They went up a gear for a couple of minutes (which is all they had in the tank by then imo) while we were reeling instead of composing ourselves, and boom. They’ve got their second. After that, they went back into their shells. What pissed me off more than the Juve fans who had managed to get tickets in a home section, was the nasty off the ball spoiling shit that we all absolutely knew would happen if they got their noses in front. They took us too lightly at their place & we steam rollered them to the point that they couldn’t get into the game. It was never going to happen again last night.

I am proud that we didn’t abandon our principles and played football for 90 minutes in the teeth of some very underhand behaviour that typifies Italian football.

My only gripe is leaving the Llorente substitution until the 86th minute. He had no time to get properly into the match & whilst there were a couple of knock downs from him, I wish we had changed it up a bit earlier.
And I wish we had used Moura after we had gone behind. There wasn’t much tactically wrong up to then, but absolutely having to score meant that we should have given fresh legs as long as possible to impact on the game. Not 4 minutes plus injury time.

Davies is just an easy scapegoat because he's not a glamourous name, the idiots always turn on him when the result is negative.

Davies is a good lad who will no doubt improve under Poch but at the moment him and Tripps aren’t at this level
Not that I’m blaming them for last nights defeat

Lots of reasons and I do think Big Vic should have come on for Dier who looked to be carrying an injury early in 2nd half and Moura should have been on immediately after their second goal but difficult decisions for Poch to have made and might have worked out as it was

Still believed that we were robbed by a bent ref and desperately unlucky

I hope retrospective action is taken against that cunt who stamped on Sonny
Showed all that is wrong about football and should have been a straight red

Davies is a good lad who will no doubt improve under Poch but at the moment him and Tripps aren’t at this level
Not that I’m blaming them for last nights defeat

Lots of reasons and I do think Big Vic should have come on for Dier who looked to be carrying an injury early in 2nd half and Moura should have been on immediately after their second goal but difficult decisions for Poch to have made and might have worked out as it was

Still believed that we were robbed by a bent ref and desperately unlucky

I hope retrospective action is taken against that cunt who stamped on Sonny
Showed all that is wrong about football and should have been a straight red

I don't think Davies is as good as Rose but I like the fact Poch sticks to his principles and doesn't let Rose get away with whatever he wants , Rose and Walker showed a lack of respect to the club that made them , Poch took away their first choice status , I like that we have values.

I was in a regiment with a serving soldier called Wayne Kerr. He had a lot of fun

I used to go to a Club near Bedford where we had a serving Detective Superintendent whose name was Robin Banks!
True story and he was a nice chap but a demon on the snooker table!

I don't think Davies is as good as Rose but I like the fact Poch sticks to his principles and doesn't let Rose get away with whatever he wants , Rose and Walker showed a lack of respect to the club that made them , Poch took away their first choice status , I like that we have values.

Agree with most of that but Davies can’t take on and go past players
A 100% Rose can

I think Rose is not as fit right now and I don't think last night was a case of a principled decision but more one of pragmatism. I think Davies is a decent left back and don't think Rose would have given us any discernable difference last night, it's speculation I know..

Still feeling gloomy about last night’s result.
However, I’m a pint half full kind of bloke most of the time & have been thinking...if the dippers & united remain in the CL (I think the chavs are fucked against Barca) then their league form may conceivably falter as they have eyes on the big one. They will certainly be playing their strongest team in that competition & resting legs, even in the league. We can overtake both these clubs & finish the season on a real high.
I just hope that there is no hangover within the squad after last night’s disappointment.
It’s a blow, but there is absolutely everything to play for in the league & the Fa cup. Let’s bring that one home where she belongs & sneak up the inside rail in the league whilst the dippers & the mancs have one eye on the CL.
COYS.

I think Rose is not as fit right now and I don't think last night was a case of a principled decision but more one of pragmatism. I think Davies is a decent left back and don't think Rose would have given us any discernable difference last night, it's speculation I know..

A fit Rose would have

How many times did we see Davies go past anyone?

Back
Top Bottom